H. Benison Shroffe
SENIOR LEVEL ASSIGNMENTS
System Administration Network Administration
Industry Preference: Oil & Gas industry / Engineering & Construction Location Preference: Kuwait
(LAN & WAN)
Installation, Configuration &
Storage / Back-up
Data Centre Operations
• A competent and experienced professional in Network & System Administration, Infrastructure Management & Technical Support
• Currently working with Gulf Cryo, Kuwait as Group Network Administrator
• Hands-on experience in Microsoft, Cisco, Nortel/Avaya, and Novell platforms
• Proven skills in implementing networks using hubs, routers, switches and other networking hardware/software & executing development plans
• Efficient in administering and troubleshooting IBM Server, Windows Servers and operating systems
• Proficient in installation & configuration of LAN & WAN, Hardware, Software, Servers and network devices; experience in analysing information system needs, evaluating end-user needs, designing customised solutions and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated excellence in handling data centre operations for various enterprises, integrating & virtualizing service functions with Business Application Models and interconnecting them to ensure workload mobility & disaster recovery
• Well versed with Active Directory, DNS & DHCP TCP/IP and file & printer sharing
• Analytical, meticulous and quality-oriented professional with an eye for detail CORE COMPETENCIES
• Designing back-up strategy and ensuring scheduled / unscheduled backups as per the backup plan
• Managing the overall administration of LAN & WAN system involving design of network layouts and configuration & maintenance of web / servers, databases, network services or peripherals including switches Network Management:
• Maintaining network security authentication, administering secure links with public key encryption and performing file replication & script management
• Identifying new technology / product for rollout & modernisation of network; analysing & tracking complex software
& hardware matters regarding connectivity issues, IP addressing and routing to meet business needs Infrastructure Management:
• Leading operations related to IT / network infrastructure by measuring, managing, analysing, tuning & implementing necessary changes in resource utilization as per business priorities
• Establishing healthy relations with internal & external stakeholders to provide support for various architectural issues; keeping a close track of developments in field of IT Infrastructure and updating top management about same Technical Support:
• Handling the network operations & fault rectification for all technical problems; addressing & resolving all issues related with performance tuning to ensure maximum uptime
• Suggesting improvements to make the system fool-proof & extending technical support to clients; finalising the specifications of new features to ensure that network resources are used effectively ORGANISATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Gulf Cryo, Kuwait Since Dec’08
• Group Network Administrator Sep’18 – Present
• Systems Engineer Dec’08 – Aug’18
• Responsible for the administration and management of Gulf Cryo and its operating companies’ networks, systems, messaging, related technologies and services.
• Regularly evaluate and monitor IT infrastructure and capabilities. Make recommendations for improvements
• Proactive monitoring of all IT infrastructure to ensure systems and networks operate without any interruptions
• Responsible for managing IT support staff and ensuring effective, efficient, and timely support is provided to end users
• Implement effective skills development plan for Support team.
• IT infrastructure related vendors and service providers management.
• Maintain documentation and diagrams of Networks layouts, systems configurations, procedures and policies.
• Responsible for systems availability and disaster recovery of IT infrastructure
• Regularly prepare management reports on network activities.
• Provide users’ support as required
Key Result Areas:
• Designing, implementing and managing the company-wide IT projects and systems; extending First line support to users in Kuwait and Second Level support to IT infrastructure team across the group in resolving computer software, hardware, Server and network issues.
• Looking after Windows and Linux servers, in addition to Hyper-V virtualized IBM Blade servers & VMware server
• Deploying networking devices like Cisco Access Points and Switches, Juniper NetScreen & SonicWALL Firewalls and Perimeter Networking Appliances
• Identifying and examining the internal inquiries and work requests related to maintenance of Network, servers, personal computers and related systems
• Prioritizing and resolving end users help desk requests from the help desk system (Spice works)
• Installing & troubleshooting required software’s on LAN/WAN based PC’s, Network /standalone printers and other peripherals
• Overseeing software updates, configurations, and client installation, Configuration & relocation (Backup/Restore) of user profile for Windows systems
• Ensuring network security through installation of antivirus & antispyware software
• Collaborating with IT staff and resolving issues
• Handling deployment and configuration of new equipment for new hires and relocation of user’s
• Administering Access Control Server & configuring Access Cards for users
• Carrying out regular check-up of the Access Card Readers and doors & gates at all sites
• Supervising the maintenance of Telephone billing application; troubleshooting problems related to telephone lines
(PBX) & faxes thus ensuring smooth operations
• Planned and managed Data Center relocation/migration/upgradation; upgraded MS Windows Server 2003 to MS Windows Server 2008
• Upgraded IBM system X Servers to IBM Blade Center H Servers including upgradation of SAN storage & Tape Library
• Stellar in implementing a MS Virtual Server Environment using Microsoft Hyper-V for Kuwait servers; hosted and configured the domain controllers, print & file servers on virtual machines
• Successfully upgraded & migrated:
o Active Directory along with group policies from MS Windows 2003 Server to 2008 Virtual Environment o File & Print Server from MS Windows 2003 to 2008 Virtual Environment o 150 end user machines from MS Windows XP to MS Windows 7/8.1
• Pivotal in implementing CA Arcserve backup for data backup & McAfee Antivirus for security from threats.
• Assisted in the migration of email system from Google to Office365 Enterprise and managed the email plan assignments to users for the entire group
• Migrated old Physical Oracle ERP legacy server to VMware virtual platform
• Successfully upgraded the Cisco network infrastructure and deployed new core switches with L3 capabilities in Star topology design
• Deployed Windows Server Update Services for managing and maintaining security updates for Windows, Office and SQL Server on all systems
• Upgraded and implemented IP Telephony (Avaya IPO PABX) from Analog PABX (Siemens-Hipath) in Shuaiba site & from the Digital enterprise PABX (Nortel CS1K)
• Distinction of establishing a Corporate Wireless Network with Cisco Aironet Access Points, WPA2 in Enterprise mode for security and authentication
• Managed infrastructure for implementation of ERP in Oracle for the whole group to bring the system on live Recent Projects:
• Successfully implemented CMDB (Configuration Management Database) from iTop.
• Successfully planned and executed the segmentation of the existing Network to improve the security with different VLANs & ACL in Kuwait & UAE.
• Successfully planned and executed the upgrade of 37 Windows Servers across the group (Kuwait, UAE, KSA, Qatar, Jordan, Turkey & Egypt) from MS Windows Server 2008 to MS Windows Server 2012 R2.
• Identified the current weakness & challenges in the existing domain setup and Implemented New Group Policies in Active Directory to improve the security on Network & system level.
• Successfully upgraded & migrated to IP Office for 100 users in the head office.
• Implemented the entire network infrastructure (Server, Firewall, Switches, Access points, IP Office PABX, CCTV solution) for GulfCryo Saudi offices, both in Riyadh and Dammam.
• Successfully upgraded an existing physical file server to virtualised on MS Hyper-V including SAN partitioning for GulfCryo Dubai Office, UAE.
Jul’08 – Dec’08: Breenze Kuwait General Trading & Contracting Company, Kuwait as System Engineer Role:
• Designed & configured company’s network from the scratch; managed Active Directory Forest and Domain Structure
• Monitored network design & implementation including hardware/software configuration PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
May’07-Jun’08: Pioneer Asia Wind Turbines, Chennai, India as System Administrator Role:
• Looked after LAN/WAN design and implementation using Cisco routers, hubs and switches
• Developed and implemented network backup and recovery plans
• Designed file server and allocation of space and implemented file security system
• Monitored the installation and configuration of RAS (Remote Access Services)
• Created user and group accounts, defined quotes and access restrictions
• Handled Network infrastructure at various remote locations; planned and implemented IP address schemes & subnet masks
• Oversaw desktop networking issues and troubleshooted the same
• Managed printer installation for entire company; upgraded the firmware on HP JetDirect network cards of HP printers
• Extended technical support for in-house customized software used for monitoring the wind turbines remotely PROFESSIONAL ENHANCEMENT
o Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP ID: 3847037) o Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA ID: CSC011177723) o ManageEngine Certified Product Associate: AD Manager Plus (MECPA ID : MECP00011079)
• Trainings attended at:
o Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), Trivandrum, India o Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL), Nagercoil, India TECHNICAL PURVIEW
o IBM Blade Center Servers, IBM System X Series Servers, Dell Power Edge & HP Proliant Servers o Nortel Switches, Cisco Switches & Routers, Cisco Aironet & Mobility Wireless Access Points, Linksys Wireless Cable/DSL Routers, D-Link Access Points
o Juniper NetScreen Firewalls, SonicWALL Firewalls, Red Line Wireless P2P Device, NetApp Network Appliances o IBM Storage (SAN) & Tape Library, NetGear Storage (NAS) o Nortel\Avaya PABX, IP, Digital & Analog Phones, Axis & Arecont Vision CCTV System & Cameras o Hardware’s including HP, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba and IBM PCs
o Microsoft Windows Server Virtualization (Hyper-V) o MS Office 365 Enterprise
o MS Office, Open Office, MS Exchange
o Antivirus\security applications like Symantec Endpoint protection, McAfee enterprise, E Scan o Backup software’s: Symantec Backup Exec, CA ARC Serve o Spice Works Help Desk & IT Inventory Application, Network Monitoring application. o Manage Engine OPManager, AD Manager Plus.
o RDBMS : Oracle 9i, SQL and MS Access
o Programming Languages: V.B 6.0, C,C++
• Operating System:
o Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 through Windows Server 2016, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Mac OS X, MS-DOS
2006 Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science and Engineering from Dr.Pauls Engineering College, Anna University, Chennai, India
• Completed MCSA: Windows 2012 Server and Windows 10 online training from Linkedin.com
• CCNS - CMS Certified Network Specialist, (A+, N+, MCSA 2003,CCNA & RHCE) Course from CMS Computer Institute at Chennai, India in 2006
• Oracle 9i DBA course at STG (Software Technology Group), Chennai, India in 2007 PERSONAL DETAILS
Date of Birth : 13th July 1983
Address : Mangaf, Kuwait
Languages : English, Tamil and Malayalam
Nationality : Indian
Passport Details : Z 3584931, Valid till 13/07/2026 Visa Details : No: 18, Transferable
Civil ID No : 283*********
Driving License : Kuwait & India