SAMUEL DENNIS HICKS
email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/samuel-dennis-hicks-1a207719 Cell: 843-***-**** PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
TECHNICAL – A+ Trained Computer Service Technician. Experienced in troubleshooting and repair of computer desktops/laptops, printers, and various peripherals, Able to wire data and phones for network environments. Instructed a 3-day continuing education course in PC Repair & Diagnostics at Trident Technical College. SOFTWARE - A+ Trained in Windows support. Experienced in network environments, including Windows NT, SQL Server. Knowledgeable in Database programing, development and Data Management. Fluent in Windows XP/7/10, MS Office, Active Directory, Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, Symantec Ghost, BMC Remedy/Footprints Service Core. Dell Certified Systems Expert (DCSE)
SUPPORT / COMMUNICATION – 6 years experience in a supervisory and management capacity. 16+ years experience in end-user support and training. Provided award–winning liaison support and training while coordinating a successful multi-state system migration.
Communications Server Environments Operating System Environments AT&T PBX System IBM OS390 Mainframe Microsoft Windows (XP/NT/7/8/10) AT&T Call Management System IIS Novell ZenWorks Management BMC Remedy Novell Netware
BMC Footprints Service Core NT Server Languages
Dameware SQL Server Active Server Pages
eFax Account Administration Active Directory HTML
GlobalMeet Account Administration Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 Paradox ObjectPAL GovQA Ticketing Software SQL
Heat Ticketing Software
HelpStar Ticketing Softare Utilities
Internet FTP CarbonCopy Database
Microsoft SCCM Imaging Console One Microsoft Access Microsoft Online Portal Symantec Ghost Imaging Software Paradox Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 RapiDeploy Disk Cloning Software SQL PC Anywhere (DOS and Windows) IBM IT Asset Management Software ShoreTel Communicator Mimecast
SKYPE for Business Account Administration LANSweeper TightVNC AssetPanda
City of Charleston, Charleston, SC 2017 – 2019
A progressive and energetic city, where the goal is to grant residents with the best service a city can provide and visitors with the best vacation or business trip that a city can provide. Help Desk Technician II / PC Support Technician
• Government Help Desk/field Technical support for Hardware/Software via Phone, Email and Remote Desktop sessions.
• Image and deploy desktop and laptop computers to users, as needed. Maintained data integrity during upgrades.
• Maintain Inventory database of hardware/software setups for all deployed PC desktops, laptops, peripherals, etc.
• Developed an Access database to manage loaner equipment for laptops and peripherals.
• Promoted from Help Desk Technician to Help Desk Technician Level II after first week of employment, dividing time between Help Desk and field support.
• Promoted to full-time PC Support Technician after 3 months of employment. KapStone Paper & Packaging, North Charleston, SC 2013 – 2017 Leading producer of unbleached Kraft paper and corrugated packaging products with annual revenue exceeding $3B and 6,000 employees. Service Desk Specialist I
• Corporate Helpdesk Support for Hardware/Software employees via Phone, Email and Remote Desktop sessions. SD HICKS firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2
• Software Admin for BMC Footprints Service Core software, including Incident Ticketing and Access Mgmnt. requests.
• Built BMC Footprints application upgrades in coordination with vendor. Coordinated server and database backups.
• Configure system applications, designed/created web-based forms for end-user requests of incidents and access requests.
• Administrative maintenance for eFax, GlobalMeet and Skype for Business accounts.
• Imaged Desktop / Laptop computers for the Refresh deployments.
• Experience with SCCM for implementing and monitoring of software pushes to computers. DialAmerica, North Charleston, SC 2012- 2013
Full-service/range call center for B2B and B2C customer engagement services across many industries. Call Center Representative
PC TECHNICAN / HELPDESK SUPPORT (CONTRACT) 2003- 2011 CHARLESTON COUNTY GOVERNMENT (Information Gateways), North Charleston, SC (2010 – 2011) Information technology solutions and services, specializing in design, integration, and maintenance of information technology systems. PC Technician / Helpdesk Support (Contract)
• Installed, configured, and supported HP desktop and Laptop PC’S for Charleston County Government operations.
• Experienced in HEAT ticketing software, RapiDeploy, CarbonCopy, Audio/Visual equipment and software. BOEING CHARLESTON (Dell Perot Systems/TEKSystems), Charleston, SC (2009 – 2010) Global leading provider of IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services. PC Technician / Helpdesk Support (Contract)
• Installed, configured, and supported hardware / software on Dell Desktop / Laptop PC’s for Dell Perot Systems in support of Boeing Charleston operations.
CHARLESTON NAVAL HOSPITAL (General Dynamics IT/TCMC), Charleston, SC (2008 – 2009) Information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. PC Technician / Helpdesk Support (Contract)
• Installed, configured, and supported hardware / software on Dell desktop and laptops PC’s for the DOD Naval Health Clinic Charleston, and Naval Weapons Station sites.
• Experienced in Active Directory, Symantec Ghost and HelpStar. SANTEE COOPER (Innovative Partners, Inc.), Charleston, SC (2008) Contract staffing and recruiting firm.
PC Technician / Helpdesk Support (Contract)
• Install/configure/support hardware / software for Dell desktop and laptop PC’S at Santee Cooper Headquarters and sites.
• Novell ZenWorks Management, Imaging Console One, GroupWise, BMC Remedy and IBM IT Asset Management. Additional Experience
Cigna Corp., Printing & Distribution, N. Charleston, SC (5 years) Senior Programmer / Analyst, Project Coordinator, Applications Administrator
• Earned 2 promotions reaching Sr. Programmer/Analyst position. Responsible for order update and automation of billing processes; training, troubleshooting and support for Inventory Management System software; served as main liaison between vendor and users in support of multi–state system migration; monitored, audited and documented data import / export processes between SQL, Novell and Forms Exchange application; programming support, database maintenance and documentation for internal fulfilment application and intranet operations; provided end–user training, technical / network support.
Charleston Southern University, Charleston, SC
Certifications: A+ PC Technician, Dell Certified Systems Expert (DCSE)