Mohammed Wajahat Ali
Mechanical Engineer with experience in Mechanical Design in a Consulting firm and Procurement/Estimation in Contracting firm having passed FE Mechanical and LEED Green Associate exams seeking Full time employment as a Mechanical/HVAC Engineer,Holding Resident/Transferrable Iqama in Saudi Arabia . EDUCATION
• Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (University of Illinois at Chicago,IL,USA) May 2016
• Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (Osmania University, Hyderabad, India) June 2013 ENGINEERING COURSEWORK
Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning, Energy Auditing, Compressible Flow, Propulsion Theory, Stress Analysis, Machine Design, Automatic Control of Mechanical Systems, Computational Compressible Flow. SKILLS
• Good Knowledge of Building Code,ASHRAE and LEED Certification Process
• In Depth knowledge of HVAC Load Calculations, Ventilation Schedules and Duct/Piping Layout
• Ability to understand and review Engineering Drawings,As-Built and CutSheets,Piping Layout and write Technical reports
• Ability to plan, organize, carry out different technical activities and able to adapt to different situations
• Ability to coordinate well in a team environment and work efficiently as an individual
• Good knowledge of Revit MEP, AutoCAD, Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, ANSYS, CAESAR II, MS Office EXPERIENCE
• Liaison Officer and Procurement Engineer (ACS Systems New York) January 2018-Present
Performing Liaison duties to coordinate the Change Orders,RFIs and Submittals with the clients and off shore engineering team
Conduct market research and negotiate with vendors to obtain more value, lower costs and better terms.
Sending Enquiry to Material Vendors/Sub-contractors and comparing the quotations for compliance.
Using Technical Expertise to evaluate BOM from contract drawings and analyze Proposals/Bids.
Negotiate price with the Material vendors for the planned purchase orders and check for price discrepancies for previous invoices.
• Mechanical Design Engineer (EXP US Services Inc) October 2016 - December 2017
Preparation of Ventilation, Piping and Plumbing Drawings using Revit and AutoCAD in 3D & 2D
Working under the direction of Senior Mechanical Engineer to handle multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
Prepared Ventilation Schedules and Heating and Cooling Load Calculations using Trane Trace.
Mechanical design work is Coordinated with other disciplines and resolved any issues by Coordination meeting or Site Visits.
Design and Sizing Ducts&Pipe, Fittings,VAV/CAV boxes, Diffusers and other Mechanical Equipment with input from the Senior Engineers .
• Public Service Intern (City of Chicago) May 2016 - July 2016
Reviewing the Mechanical and Architecture Drawings submitted by the client to comply the Building code
Examining the Mechanical Drawings to meet minimum code requirement of supplying the Return air (RA) and Fresh air (FA) in Commercial Buildings and examining the Natural Light and Ventilation in Residential Buildings
Reviewing the plumbing drawings to find the supply line requirement and hence allocating a pipe size
• Piping Design Engineer Intern (United Systems and Projects PVT Ltd) May 2015 - August 2015
Worked with the Design Team for design of the Piping Layout of NCC Power Plant in Nellore,A.P India
Determined Head Loss and NPSH, reviewed P and ID's and Isometric Drawings as a part of design procedure
Calculated Pipe Size and Storage Tank Design in compliance with code of Indian Standard(IS) and API
• Piping Site Engineer (Standard Engineering Co) May 2013 - June 2014
Conducted estimation and execution planning for Piping and Storage Tanks for completion within the estimated time frame
Monitoring the execution work while addressing the health and safety of personnel at site CERTIFICATION
FE Mechanical -https://account.ncees.org/rn/1687957-929649-30118b1 August 2016 LEED Green Associate - Credential ID 11061998 July 2016 Valves, Actuators and Controls 101 & 201 (Valve Manufacturing Association of America) April 2016 Quality Control and Engineering Inspection (Advanced Training Institute) January 2014 Process Piping Engineering and Design as per ASME B31.3(IPEBS ) August 2013 - October 2013 MEMBERSHIPS
American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (ASHRAE) (Illinois Chapter) April 2015 - Present American Society of Mechanical Engineers (UIC Chapter) 2014 to Present