Vishvendra Singh Tomar
Well-qualified, MS Accredited Electrical Engineer with 5 years of professional work experience in the energy sector and in-depth knowledge and expertise in Microgrid Operations & Controls, Power System Reliability, Advanced Power Electronics, Deregulated Power Systems, Adjustable Speed Drives, Power System Planning, Operation distribution of a power grid, Elements of smart Grid. Implementing the knowledge and working in The USA electrical sector.
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA Specialization: Power and Control System
Bachelor of Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, India
• SCADA, Robotics, PLC Designing
• AutoCAD Electrical, TurboCAD, MATLAB Simulation, PLECS, PSpice, Microsoft Office
Ensign Corporation, USA: Electrical Engineer/Designer June 2018- Present
•Designing transformer prototypes for US Armed Forces, control circuit boards, aircraft black box, golf courses.
•Making schematics on AutoCAD and modifying the electrical equipment for manufacturing processes..
•Playing a key role in planning and implementing new quality check rules for transformers.
•Improved analysis by implementing new diagnostic displays, resulted in a 50% increase in productivity.
PowerVolt, Inc, USA: Electrical Designer Mar 2018- May 2018
•Quality Check and Performed electrical design for Transformers.
•Attended Project meetings and implemented various tests on the transformers.
•Made schematics on AutoCAD and rectified transformers received through Return Material Analysis.
Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited, India: Power Distribution Engineer Oct 2011- April 2015
• Generated desired results for load flow studies and voltage regulation calculations, bill of materials (BOM). Worked with designing of schematics and single line diagrams. Performed study for improving grid reliability.
• Checked Guaranteed Technicals by considering NEC (National Electric Codes) and worked on SCADA.
• Located fault in overhead and underground distribution line and diagnosis of it. Supervised putting high voltage overhead and underground cables. Diagnose and maintenance of transformers, relay protection and switchgears.
• Worked on reducing AT&C (Aggregate Technical & Commercial) Losses and trifurcated, bifurcated &
augmented sub-stations. Worked on AutoCAD, power distribution, protection, control design, electrical systems.
• Made Bidding process reports and carried them out, were highly appreciated by superiors and yielded a profit of $200,000 for the company.
BSES (Bombay Sub-Urban Electric Supply), India: Intern June 2009- July 2009
•Did 6 weeks’ summer training, studied and learnt various aspects of Transformer Testing like breakdown voltage
test, high potential test, pin insulation test, earthing test and Maintenance.
•Helped in managing daily and weekly production and testing reports, order status.
Creation of Microgrid based on Virtual Synchronous Machine (MATLAB) Aug 2017- Dec 2017
• Worked on Virtual synchronous based Microgrid and created Wind Farm, Solar Farm and Energy storage.
• Self-synchronization of wind, solar and energy storage to grid and operation of it by designing and implementing the new method in droop and self-synchronization mode.
Reliability Evaluation of Composite Power Systems (MATLAB, Excel) Aug 2016- Dec 2016
• Analyzed the problem of five-bus system. Using the given data for Generation units & Transmission lines, evaluated the Generator sub-system and Transmission sub-system respectively.
• Used the measures, composite system was realized by combining the Generation & Transmission sub-systems. Evaluated the load point indices EENS, EDLC, ELC, NLC at all load buses.
TECHNICAL & RESEARCH PAPERS
Transactive Energy and Study of Smart Building to Grid (1st Author) Jan 2017- May 2017
•Planned business model for the technology to be implemented in 2020, USA in the power and energy sector.
•Cited the examples of different countries models to help implement the technology in a better way.
Restoring energy in Puerto Rico after the island hit by hurricane Maria (1st Author) Jan 2018- May 2018
•Defined structure for short-term and long-term plans, suggested measures to direct these plans.
•Suggested steps for restoration of power through micro-grid and smart grid technology.