Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 717-***-****
Residence: Ephrata, Pennsylvania LinkedIn Profile PRODUCE & FOOD INDUSTRY
SR. GENERAL MANAGER
Senior Director of Bus. Development – Earth Source Inc GM North America - Greenery North America
Business Unit Manager UK - Greenery (UK)
Commercial Manager - Flamingo Group (UK)
Commercial Development Manager - Fenmarc (UK)
Business Sector Manager UK - Findus Foodservice (UK) Multi-talented, highly experienced negotiator ready to take the lead on any challenge E X E C U T I V E S U M M A R Y
Confident, talented leader consistently promoted to higher levels of responsibility… Collaborates with a variety of departments and teams to identify opportunities for business growth… Well-versed in forecasting, margins, budgets and P&L… Exceptional communicator with excellent people skills… Extensive international experience… A truly effective planner, organizer and decision-maker who drives innovation to help companies move forward and stay competitive. A R E A S O F E X P E R T I S E
Revitalizing National Brands
National Product Launches
New Business Development
International/Global Commercial Sales
Enterprise Resource Planning
Negotiating Exclusive Contracts
Enhancing Brand Recognition
Verbal, Written, and Interpersonal
Profit & Loss Responsibility
Forecasting & Demand Planning
Accelerating Growth &
Food Safety Standards
C A R E E R H I G H L I G H T S
EARTH SOURCE TRADING, INC., FOUR SEASON FAMILY OF COMPANIES: Director of Business Development for
$35MM new business acquisitions and new product development = $1.2 Million Net Profit margin 2018.
GREENERY NORTH AMERICA: GM for $65 MM in Hot House fresh produce = $2.3 Million Net Profit margin 2014.
GREENERY UK: Managed Tesco & One Stop UK retail accounts = $75 Million. Introduced 7 new value added SKU’s into category = $11 Million. Procured UK Growers Local for Local program = $7 MM new volume.
FLAMINGO GROUP: Managed the ASDA (Walmart UK) account = $25 MM with a year on year growth of 11% and profit margin turn-around from loss to $50K weekly gross profit. Launched & developed 14 new SKU’s.
FENMARC PRODUCE: Controller of UK Foodservice, Manufacturing & By-Product Sales to ASDA (Walmart UK), Geest, Campbells & Birds Eye turnover $10 Million, year on year growth 23%.
FINDUS FOODSERVICE: Launched and developed Findus Ltd into the UK Foodservice marketplace from zero coverage to national listing coverage with ongoing new product development within 2 years, achieving on average 80% year- on year-end sales growth from $0 to $8.4 MM.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
• Skilled in International (Global) Commercial Sales, Marketing, Grower Relations, and Senior Management.
• Takes initiative in decision making and is driven to lead and motivate team members.
• Brings energy and a positive attitude to the workplace every day and leads by example.
• Develops strategic plans by studying financial opportunities and outlining aggressive objectives for teams.
• Analytical problem solver with solid hands-on experience at all levels of an organization.
• Excellent business acumen, skilled in managing budgets and P&L.
• Creates efficiencies, finds new business opportunities, and adapts quickly to customers’ needs. P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
Senior Director of Business Development – EARTH SOURCE TRADING, INC. Aug. 2016 – Jun. 2019 International Fresh Produce Importers, Marketers and Suppliers for the Retail and Wholesale Markets and Foodservice Sectors.
• Charged with prospecting and acquiring new fresh produce customers with a strategic focus on retail accounts.
• Drove brand awareness and SKU assortment with both current and new customer base.
• Developed and successfully launched U.S.A./Canada exclusivity on cross-marketed Corona branded limes with Constellation Brands.
• Managed all Commercial Sales and Marketing including forecasting and budgeting in alignment with Procurement and Grower Partnerships.
• Launched new business models with Walmart, Whole Foods Global Team, Ahold U.S.A. as well as other Regional Retail Partners
• Introduced new Commodity Categories and Growing Regions to the Four Seasons Family of Companies.
• Nominated for the International Licensing Award 2019: Best Product, Food & Beverage for Corona Limes General Manager North America - GREENERY NORTH AMERICA INC. May 2011 – Jun. 2016 International Fresh Produce Growers, Marketers and Suppliers for the Retail and Wholesale Markets and Foodservice Sectors.
• Relocated to the US to provide leadership and management of entire business, including moving the Warehouse Operations & Offices to a new location (from PA to NJ in 2011) within 6 months and within budget.
• Report directly to CEO of Greenery BV International Head Office in Holland.
• Manage all Commercial Sales, Marketing, Operations, Production, Transportation, Warehouse, Admin, Procurement, Technical, Growers, Accounts & HR departments across USA, Mexico, Canada & Europe with a team of 38 personnel.
• Achieved 100% Primus GFS certified and HACCP status in 2013.
• Provide outstanding management of forecasting, margins, budgets, and profit & loss.
• Gained new and additional business with Walmart & Delhaize Retailers = $9 Million.
• Procured, marketed and launched Tommie Tomato brand into Walmart achieving PMA 2012 award-winning best new packaging concept and design.
Business Unit Manager UK - GREENERY UK LTD Mar. 2007 – May 2011 International Fresh Produce Growers, Marketers and Suppliers for the Retail and Wholesale Markets and Foodservice Sectors.
• Managed Tesco & One Stop UK retail accounts = $75 Million (Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Eggplants), increased from $55 Million.
• Reported directly to the UK Managing Director.
• Responsible for and managed Marketing, NPD, Procurement & Technical Business Unit Team = 8 personnel.
• Setup and launched Dunnhumby and Tesco link data analysis.
• Introduced 7 new value added SKU’s into the category = $11 Million.
• Responsible for account sales, forecasting, budgets, costing, and profit & loss.
• Procured UK Growers Local for Local program = $7 Million additional new volume. PROMOTIONS: July 2008: Commercial Manager UK to Business Unit Manager UK. May 2011: Business Unit Manager UK to General Manager North America.
Commercial Manager - FLAMINGO GROUP Oct. 2005 – Mar. 2007 International Fresh Cut Flowers & Prepared Vegetable Supplier for Multiple Retail Sectors.
• Manager of the ASDA (Walmart UK) account = $25 Million in fresh cut flowers with a year on year growth of 11% and profit margin turn-around from loss to $50K weekly gross profit.
• Winning Rose contract for = $6 Million and extra events business $2 Million.
• Successfully launched and developed new range = 14 new SKU’s.
• Turned Red status supplier to Amber within 3 months.
• Managed the commercial aspects and implications for the Spalding, Lingarden, UK site. Monitored performance supply and sales opportunities and achieved price increases to ASDA (Walmart UK) of 17.3%.
• Managed and developed a team of 4 Technical, Planning, Retail Link & NPD.
• Responsible for forecasting, margins, marketing, costing, budgets and Profit & Loss.
• Implemented weekly update meetings with Procurement, Production, NPD and Technical Teams improving efficiency and reducing waste.
Commercial Development Manager - FENMARC PRODUCE LTD (CROWN LIFE GROUP) May 2003 – Sep. 2005 National Fresh Pre-Packed/Prepared Vegetable Supplier for Retail, Manufacturing & Foodservice Markets.
• Controller of UK Foodservice, Manufacturing & By-Product Sales to ASDA (Walmart UK), Geest, Campbells & Birds Eye turnover $10 Million, year on year growth 23%.
• Successfully launched & developed all new collaborative sourcing customers for ASDA (Walmart UK) with Grampain, Faccenda, Cranberry Foods, Nature’s Way Foods & Brake Bros/Pauleys.
• Managed the commercial aspects and achieved cost saving of $1.2 Million per year.
• Responsible for forecasting, sales, margin, marketing, costing, budgets and Profit & Loss.
• PROMOTION: Supply Chain Development Manager to Commercial Development Manager UK. Business Sector Manager UK - FINDUS FOODSERVICE (FINDUS LTD) Nov. 2000 – May 2003 Fresh & Frozen Food Manufacturer (Poultry, Meat, Veg, Fish, Ready Meals & Specialties) for Foodservice.
• Conducted commercial negotiation/business-to-business with national, regional and independent Frozen Food Service Wholesalers and major catering clients including 3663, Brake Bros, Billy Boy, Caterforce, Fairway Members, Sterling Group & TUCO.
• Successfully launched and developed Findus Ltd into the UK Foodservice marketplace from zero coverage to national listing coverage with ongoing new product development within 2 years, achieving on average 80% year-on year-end sales growth from $0 to $8.4 Million. EARLY EXPERIENCE
Wholesale Manager – LE PAIN CROUTILLANT LTD (RHM) Apr. 1997 – Nov 2000 Area Sales Manager – WHITBY SEAFOOD LTD Dec. 1994 – Apr. 1997 Sales Executive - BE INTERNATIONAL FOODS LTD (HP) Jul. 1991 – Dec. 1994 General (Branch) Manager - GRAND METROPOLITAN GROUP Sep. 1987 – Jul. 1991 E D U C A T I O N
Communications & Business Studies - City and Guilds of London Institute - Vocational Education, Cambridge, UK P R O F E S S I O N A L D E V E L O P M E N T
• Sales & Marketing Part 1&2 (Track Training Int’l)
• Management Skills & Foodservice Sales Management
• Basic Food & Hygiene (Environmental Health)
• HACCP Team Leader and Training
• Lean Manufacturing (Smallpiece Enterprises Ltd)
• Vintners & Distillers Exam (Passed)
• Fairstead Development Leadership Training Courses
• GRM Environmental Awareness Training
• Dunnhumby Course Training
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY includes MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Publisher William Ison email@example.com 717-***-**** Page 3 of 3