F LORENCE XUE
Washington, DC LinkedIn 202-***-**** email@example.com
Dedicated Student recently graduated from George Washington University in International Affairs and Political Science with an aptitude for leadership, program organization, and multilingual communications. Proven talent for successfully managing multiple high-priority tasks in fast-paced, complex environments. Highly productive team player known for service-oriented roles assisting foreign diplomats, immigrants, and homeless U.S. residents in legal and humanitarian capacity.
Humanitarian Aid Project Management Client Relations Multilingual Teamwork Program Organization Effective Communication Advocacy Networking EDUCATION
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY – ELLIOTT SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS, Washington, DC Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs & Political Science, 2019 Concentration in International Politics
Certiﬁcation in Advanced Essay Writing from Harvard College, 2017 Languages
Chinese, Native English, Bilingual Japanese, Limited Working Proﬁciency French, Basic Proﬁciency
CASA CITIZENSHIP CLINIC, Washington, DC 04/2019 – Present Volunteer, Paralegal
• Support immigration attorneys through analysis of prospective legal issues for immigrant clients in collaboration with team.
• Provide guidance on legal and political terms on N-400 naturalization form to immigrant clients with limited English and education.
• Initiated new childcare system for client children ages 4-6 to facilitate calming and productive environment. MIRIAM’S KITCHEN, Washington, DC 03/2019 – Present Volunteer, Guest Services / Mail Management
• Serve 30+ homeless guests per hour regarding health concerns, managing distribution of medicine and health supplements as needed.
• Create welcoming space for homeless guests through constructive and positive conversations to alleviate potential anxiety or shame.
• Streamline mailing operations by organizing 300+ mails per shift and ensuring all information was correct and up to date.
MARTHA’S TABLE, Washington, DC 04/2019 – Present
Volunteer, Guest Services
• Promote compliance, and food distribution by leading guests on food market rules during peak hours.
• Reorganized 200+ food packages that resulted in better efﬁciency and workﬂow for donated materials.
• Mentored 2 fellow volunteers on guest services operations and food distribution.
• Enable team to ﬁnish tasks on time and support management by ensuring clean area / carts are clean. F LORENCE XUE 202-***-****
TURNING THE PAGE, Washington, DC 03/2019
• Cultivated a cooperative environment for student photography by encouraging children cooperation under program staff guidance.
• Promoted program via social media by photographing and organizing 150+ photos. J LIVE JAPANESE LANGUAGE COMPETITION, Washington, DC 11/2017; 11/2018 Volunteer, Guest Services / Event Management
• Constructed welcoming environment for American and Japanese attendants through mindful communication in English and Japanese at seasonal event.
• Fostered a positive experience for attendants, serving 20+ Japanese diplomats and sponsors hourly.
• Organized and presented 200+ packages for bilingual materials and event brochures to educate attendants on program initiatives.
• Increased number of volunteers for event, promoting dates among current / former students with demonstrated interest in Japanese language and culture. GWU DEPARTMENT OF THEATER & DANCE, Washington, DC 2015; 2018 Student Choreographer
• Conducted extensive research on various performance techniques, collaborating with 3 students to rally new perspective on choreography and creating new movements to stimulate audience perception.
• Choreographed full-scale dance performance inspired by Isadora Duncan for 12+ guest artists and class.
• Mentored 2 students on dance theory and performance techniques.
• Studied history of Korean and Chinese art form to produce cross-cultural performance.
• Choreographed and performed full-scale dance piece live to guest artists. PHI ALPHA DELTA LAW FRATERNITY – GWU CHAPTER, Washington, DC 08/2016 Event Coordinator
• Enlisted 14 new members for group following interviews with 30+ prospective members in both English and Chinese.
• Advocated fraternity growth and student involvement by collaborating with 6+ neighboring hosts to meet and build rapport with new students.
• Translated all materials from English to Chinese to help international students with communication and application process.