R. MICHAEL ADELIZZI
!* WICKLOW CT • CHERRY HILL, NJ 0800 3 • PHONE (609) 707- 6541 SUMMARY
Medical device professional with experience in the start-up environment including fundraising, product development, implementation, new product sales, and support. Enjoys high customer engagement. Actively seeking new challenges. EDUCATION
Drexel University, LeBow College of Business, LEAD Program Philadelphia, PA Master of Business Administration, September 2010, 4.0 GPA
• Won first place (’09) and second place (’10) in Drexel Univesity’s Baiada Center for Entrepreneurship Business Plan Competition.
• Second place finish in Boston University’s $50k New Venture Competition (’12)
• Two-time invitee to Rice University’s Life Science Technology Venture Forum, Houston, Texas
• Inducted into the Beta Gamma Sigma international honor society for business Boston University, College of Engineering Boston, MA B.S., Biomedical Engineering, September 2002
Stabiliz Orthopaedics Jan 2009 – Nov 2014 (part-time) Vice President Nov 2014 – Sep 2019 (full-time)
Contributed materially toward bringing an orthopaedic surgical implant from concept to fruition including securing major milestones such as award of patents, FDA clearance, and commercialization.
• Pitched company to angel, VC, and other investor groups successfully raising $2.3M+ cumulatively
• Launched multiple new products and focused on key opinion leaders as early adopters to drive early sales
• Successfully managed multiple value analysis committee submissions and managed hospital relationships
• Developed company pro forma financial statements and implant production forecasts
• Developed, implemented, and managed company’s Quality Assurance system in conjunction with consultants
• Recognized in the 40 Under 40 of the Drexel Alumni Magazine (Winter/Spring 2016) Virtua Health Voorhees, NJ
Senior Clinical System Administrator Apr 2012 – Nov 2014 Managed Pharmacy IT systems including Pyxis MedStation, Pyxis Connect, Siemens Pharmacy, Soarian, OAS Gold, and AmerisourceBergen carousel technology.
• Developed and leveraged strong relationships across the health system to help facilitate conversion to a centralized pharmacy model
• Assisted in the selection and implementation of IV compounding robots as well as other pharmacy hardware and software CareFusion Corporation Philadelphia Area
Senior Analyst, Product Implementation Aug 2008 – Apr 2012 Managed the planning and execution of projects pertaining to the implementation of Pyxis medication dispensing equipment and other CareFusion producs.
• Delivered outstanding, personalized service and consistently exceeded customer expectations
• Frequently took the lead in technically challenging and critical system downtime situations requiring top-notch troubleshooting skills and precision execution, resulting in positive outcomes for both the customer and the company Motorika USA Mount Laurel, NJ
Senior Field Engineer Jan 2006 – May 2008
Managed the release, implementation, and support of a new line of robotic stroke therapy devices
• Performed sales support, clinical training, product installation and service for the first 50 robotic systems sold in the US
• Developed strong relationships with prospective and committed customers to help drive sales efforts