Mark A. Nicholas
Sales Specialist and Leader
I am a dynamic professional with experience in driving company goals and pushing performance standards to increase profits in medical and specialty sales. Proven success in providing supervision and leadership among sales representatives and sales managers with the objective of building team morale and increasing sales. Strong ability to build relationships with key account holders and ensure customer satisfaction. Proficient in numerous technical management tools including Salesforce.com, Siebel, IMS, ASI and other CRM platforms.
Proven expertise in:
● Medical Sales * Meeting & Event Coordination
o Hospital C-Suite * Local (District)
o Physician Office * National (NSM)
● Account Management * Relationship Building
● Specialty Pharmaceutical * Customer Service
● Toxicology Markets * Leadership & Training
Specialty Account Manager, Etairos Health 2018 – Present Etairos Health is a $20 million private equity backed, healthcare company providing skilled (PT,OT,ST,SN) and non-skilled (ADL’s) care to the population. Etairos acquires selected agencies that fit well with the care philosophy and business model. We integrate and expand them, allowing for the creation of a leading regional care provider.
● Manage specialty accounts to ensure profitability and brand loyalty. o Retained Key Accounts and Added 11 New Key Accounts totalling $675,000 in new revenue.
● Serve as the team trainer to help educate, train and develop the account management sales team with the goal of increasing goal attainment.
o Trained 7 new account managers, assisted in hiring 5. o Goal attainment increased from 87% to 106%.
● Work closely with operations and executive management on sales strategy, strategic planning and quarterly business meetings. Quarterly and Annual forecasting, goal setting, compensation and bonus plan development, quarterly budgets.
Regional Sales Manager – Endocrinology & Capital Equipment, IDS 2017 – 2018 Researched and established new accounts and strengthened existing customer base with the emphasis on using our Toxicology lab for all services including drugs of abuse as well as specialty testing for biochemical markers on bone turnover, human growth hormone (hGH), insulin-like growth factor binding protein – 3 (IGFBP-3), insulin-like growth factor-1 (IFG-1) and vitamin D. Marketed and sold specialty analyzers along with reagents and assays.
● Increased new account total by 23
New accounts added $1.2 million in new revenue
New and existing accounts include Hospitals, Regional Labs, Large Group Practices, Individual Labs, Physician Offices, etc.
Specialty Sales Manager – Clinical Diagnostics & Capital Equip, Thermo Fisher Scientific 2014 – 2017 Managed accounts for the Clinical Diagnostic Division. Research and established new accounts and strengthened existing customer relationships. Performed outreach to physician offices, reference labs, hospitals, research labs, pharmaceutical companies and drug courts. Sold capital equipment ranging in value from $10,000 to $900,000 along with specialty reagents and assays and consumables. Key Contributions:
● Rookie of the Year – 2014
● Closed 4th Judicial District as new client resulting in $1.2 Million in profits.
● 123% to goal in 2014
● 105% to goal in 2015
● 109% to goal in 2016
Specialty Sales Representative – Biotech & Capital Equipment, VWR International 2012 – 2014 Managed biotech accounts and re-affirmed business relationships in key accounts. Completed quarterly and annual business reviews with customers capturing spend by product/category or service and objectives and plans to achieve objectives for each customer. Key Contributions:
● Procured six major accounts from the competition
● Maintained 109% average for monthly sales target
● Established meetings with key account holders to strengthen relationships and increase customer satisfaction
Regional Sales Manager, Teva Women’s Health 2008 – 2012 Played a key role in specialty sales force focused on women’s health needs. Supervised 11 sales representatives in achieving increased sales, recognizing personal accountability and developing working business plans.
● Improved district ranking from # 36 to # 3 out of 37
● Secured company product, Nitrolingual Pumpspray, on formulary of major physician group
● Created and adopted selling principles for the region entitled “The Florida Mindset.” Continued…….
Southeast Region Manager, Ultradent Products 2005 – 2008 Oversaw the operations of a regional department for a specialty international dental device and products company while leading representatives in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Puerto Rico. Developed team expectations including accountability, communications and fostered a team-oriented work approach.
● Received above company average scores in leadership, honesty, integrity, quality, caring and innovation.
● Increased region growth from -5.03% to 8.35%
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI
● Ace Sales Training
● PCI District Manager Developmental Mapping
● Professional Sales Solutions Training (PSS)
● Professional Sales Coaching Training
● Sales Initiative Training
● Targeted Selection Interviewing Procedure Training VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Former member, Volunteer Board of Directors, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Palm Beach County, FL Public Relations Committee Chairman, Sunfest of Palm Beach County, FL