BRIAN J. WILLIAMS
**** *. ****** **. **********, WI 53221
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE LEADER
Technical Support Manager Project Manager – Design/Engineering Sr. Service Manager Experienced leader with 16 years of customer operations expertise focusing on team building, data driven decision-making, information technology and electrical engineering concepts within high-profile corporations. Strong expertise in leading customer focused teams to achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction through innovation and technology. Innovative and creative thinker with history of developing new processes & product offerings.
Electric Distribution Design
KEY SKILLS ASSESSMENTS
LEADERSHIP/CHANGE MANAGEMENT – Drive continuous improvement through Lean Methodologies and data analysis, developed team members for larger roles and implemented new product/service offerings. CUSTOMER FOCUS – Develop VOC reporting & metrics as well as introduced change in product and service offerings and transactional survey system, maintaining 90% or greater customer satisfaction with transactional experience.
CREE, Inc., Racine, Wisconsin 2017 - Present
Technical Support Manager
Manage a team of 14 Technical Support representatives in a variety of support t roles delivering technical support and RMA/Warranty return services to commercial customers. Build and maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) for RMA Processing following ISO 9001:2008 Standards. Selected Accomplishments:
• Developed “Serious Customer Complaint” review process, driving awareness of catastrophic fixture failure throughout the organization resulting in an increase in awareness and a decrease in the length of time cases are open by 70%.
• Designed and implemented workflow within SalesForce.com to enable auto-routing of case load, this enabled automation of a manual process and reallocation of resources to focus on customer inquiries, adding 15% capacity to existing team.
• Developed and implemented Lean Daily Management (LDM) metric review for Technical Support Team Metrics, improving visibility and engagement across the customer experience organization. This process promotes problem solving and transparency across the team/business unit and provided insights into bottle necks in processes and outdated procedures.
BRADY CORPORATION, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2014 – 2017 Technical Support Manager/Customer Service Manager Manage a team of 22 Technical Support Representatives in providing support to distribution partners/end users and sales staff. Responsible for management of training, development and achievement of daily metrics and ensuring department adheres to quarterly and annual budget. Selected Accomplishments:
• Identify, develop and implement new product/service offerings through “voice of the customer” analysis, leading to new revenue streams (Professional Service offering leading to $400K in first year’s sales).
• Design and build collaborative pre-sales process to assist sales team with technical specifications. Collaborative efforts resulted more than $1M in additional sales revenue for three consecutive years. Resume, Page 2
ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE, Greenfield, Wisconsin 1997 – 2016 Adjunct Electronics Engineering Instructor
Develop curriculum and instruct adult students in engineering topics focused around the electronics and computer industry. Specific areas of instruction include AC/DC Electronic Circuitry, Wireless Communication Systems, Industrial Electronics, Circuit Design and Analysis. Selected Accomplishments:
Instructed, mentored and advised students enrolled in the Electronics Engineering Technology program, driving a successful retention of students exceeding goal of 90%.
Integrated departmental curriculum, devised weekly lesson according to the instructional standards. WE ENERGIES, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2000 – 2013
Customer Service Supervisor, 2007 – 2013
Lead a cross functional team focused on delivering electric and gas services to customers within a specified geographic territory. The team ranged in size (based on the service territory) from 18 – 32 team members and performed duties ranging from Administrative. Project Management, Real Estate Managers, GIS Mappers and Design Technicians.
• Developed “Required by Date” predictive model, enabling Operations to more accurately estimate time of delivery of construction, reducing unnecessary movement of construction resources by 30% and increasing accuracy of communication throughout the project process. Sr. Service Manager (Large Account Manager), 2005 – 2007 Administer entire scope of delivery and service to large commercial and industrial customers within a geographic region. Customer revenues exceeded $45Million. Represent We Energies interests in negotiations with municipalities, general contractors and geographically located customer base. Provide customer focused expertise about billing inquiries, new construction and electric/gas service reliability. Selected Accomplishments:
Administered delivery and services to customers with annual revenues exceeding $45 million.
Represented company interests in negotiations with municipalities, general contractor construction companies.
Liaised regarding billing inquiries, new construction, and electric/gas service reliability focusing on customer satisfaction and safety. Geographically located customer base. Customer Service Technician, 2003 – 2005
Fulfilled administrative, project management and technical design/engineering responsibilities associated with the downtown Milwaukee electric distribution system. Key duties include providing safe construction designs meeting all electric standards while coordinating company resources and other utility joint use operations (Time Warner, AT&T).
Fulfilled administrative, project management and technical design/engineering duties.
Assessed safe construction designs meeting all electric standards while directing utility operations. Computer Systems Specialist, 2000 – 2003
Delivered telephone technical support for software applications related to field operations business unit. US Navy, Norfolk VA. 1986 – 1989
• Proudly served aboard the USS John F. Kennedy attached to VAW-126 Airborne early warning squadron
• Logged more than two thousand hours of Hydraulics and Airframes repairs. EDUCATION
Master of Science in Engineering Management, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, WI Bachelor of Applied Science in Electronics Engineering Technology, ITT Technical Institute, Greenfield, WI