email@example.com 780-***-**** linkedin.com/in/carrie-jamieson-776210133/ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Administrative support professional recognized for strong organizational and administrative skills. Detail-oriented self-starter skilled at setting priorities and balancing varied daily workload to meet deadlines. Familiar with many environments including: corporate, retail and government. Consistently a top performer, team player with a cheerful, positive, and helpful attitude. Skills include:
Customer Service Cross-Functional Communication Time Management Advanced MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook Office & Data Entry Accounting Software PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Sinclair Supply Ltd./MDS Investments Ltd. 2016 - 2017 Executive Assistant to President
Provided executive administrative support to company president. Served as the President’s liaison between Vice President’s, employees and clients. Managed complete and varied travel arrangements and coordinated pre-planning of trips. Analyzed and controlled all documentation including expense reports, property leases, systems and procedures. Shadow managed all email correspondence for the President.
● Developed and maintained an alert system for Timelines of upcoming deadlines for property lease renewals and ongoing projects.
● Created a procedures to maintain and update all office and sensitive documents. Government of Alberta/Freedom of Information & Privacy (FOIP) 2015 Administrative Assistant
Provided administrative support and reception services to Advisors and Team Leads as well as the Director. Performed general administration duties such as word processing, filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing, retrieving records, documenting records, drafting and sending out correspondence and maintaining several spreadsheets. Provided research information support to committees and attend bi-weekly meetings.
● Reviewed and revised Department Protocols and Procedures.
● Maintained highly confidential FOIP filing system in accordance with records management and ensures records managed and archived accordingly
● Assisted in reporting data collection and information collatIng to Advisors
● Managed documents and distributed incoming and outgoing internal and external mail. Birch Fumigators, Yellowhead Self-Storage & U-Haul Dealership 2010-2015 Administrative Assistant
Provided executive administrative support to owners including screening calls, managing calendars, planning meetings, making travel arrangements, plan and coordinate yearly trade show booth, composing documents and organizing office for efficiency.
● Created and distributed Company pamphlet and pest control literature to stimulate customer interest and sales leads
● Managed all bank deposits and accounts receivables
● Processed sales orders over via phone, fax and email, and created orders and invoices
● Handled all aspects of U-Haul administration. Transfer equipment in, make reservations, renting equipment out, checking equipment back in, ensuring all equipment is clean and mechanically sound.
ONYX Beauty Systems Inc. 2009-2010
Managed all administrative work required for the company including processing Accounts Payable and Receivable, processing sales orders (via telephone and online), and banking.
● Created, designed and maintained the company’s web page
● Designed and created an Instructional Booklet for the company’s product line.
● Created and produced an Instructional Video for the company INT Nails 2008-2009
Served as the company’s receptionist for the sales/order desk. Provided inventory control of showroom area. Attended, coordinated setup and teardown of the yearly Trade Show.
● Set up and maintained displays in Showroom.
Temporary Assignments (Staff Bureau of Edmonton) 2000-2008
City of Edmonton, Fire Prevention Dept.Administrative Assistant
CCI Industries (Allan Block Manufacturer)
Accounts Payable Clerk
Junior Purchasing Agent
Government of Alberta-Alberta Superintendent of Insurance (ASI) Receptionist
Others include - Atco Gas - Shipper Receiver at high security facility, Genstar Development - Reception and Admin duties, Environment Canada - Data entry, Ledcor - Payroll and Admin duties, Acklands-Grainger - Accounting and Admin duties, Edmonton Public School Board - Computer System Transfer.
PERSONAL ACTIVITIES/VOLUNTEER WORK
S.P.M.A.A. - (Structural Pest Management Association of Alberta) - Secretary for 3 years
& Regional Conference Registrar
Girl Guides of Canada - Brownie Leader for 5 years EDUCATION
Executive Administrative Assistant-The Career College, Edmonton, Alberta Dental Administrator-The Career College, Edmonton, Alberta Temporary Assignments (Staff Bureau of Edmonton) 2000-2008
City of Edmonton, Fire Prevention Dept.
Reporting directly to Fire Marshall and working closing with area Fire Inspector. Accurate data input of fire inspections, fire inspection deficiencies and verifying and record all dangerous goods, maintain filing system.
Reporting directly to General Manager - A/P to review and code all invoices and input. Process weekly payments through cheque run. Maintain accounts payment invoices and filing. Also safety officer - planning monthly meetings and distribution of safety material.
CCI Industries (Allan Block Manufacturer)
Reporting directly to the Controller, A/P clerk responsible for all payables for two plants. Cheque run twice a month, daily data entry and response to all vendor inquiries. Entry of all warehouse and yard workers time cards-on a daily basis.
Reporting directly to Purchasing Manager, junior purchasing agent responsible for the day to day purchasing of equipment, materials and services for the operation and maintenance of the plant.
Government of Alberta-Alberta Superintendent of Insurance (ASI) Reporting directly to Superintendent, Receptionist responsible for answering phones, directing calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, handing out information and forms, various other admin duties as needed.