Paula Monette Ethier
508-***-**** • behance.net/paulaethier • email@example.com I am an award-winning and dynamic creative director, art director, brand strategist, magazine designer, mentor, stylist and event planner for baystateparent magazine, a regional parenting media company. I am energized by what I do—everything from the creative process to the nuts and bolts of event planning. In addition to a creative spirit, a sense of humor is key to winning as a team and leading others.
• Member of The Parenting Media Association (PMA)
since 1998, a national group that helps connect and grow regional parenting media companies
• Served two terms on PMA’s board of directors. Responsible for elevating the design track at the annual national conference and shaping the awards competition, 2013 and 2014
• Judged advertising and design for the Maine
Newspaper Association, 2014 and 2015
• Evaluated illustration portfolios for the senior class at Mass. College of Art, 2014 - present.
• Work closely with illustration students from Mass College of Art as well as Savannah College of Art and Design Creative Director and Event Coordinator, baystateparent Magazine, Worcester, MA May 1996 – March 2019
• Lead design process, and manage all designers, for a monthly print magazine from conceptualization to finish. Responsibilities include cover design, ad creation and layout using Adobe Creative Suite
• Design all collateral including brochures, logos, sales and marketing materials/campaigns, signage and trade booths
• Strategize with the editor on monthly editorial and visuals, keeping with the mission, vision and values of the magazine
• Develop and maintain positive business relationships with photographers and illustrators
• Research artwork and purchase stock photography when necessary
• Conceptualize, plan and execute unique photoshoots for editorial, fashion and advertising which includes finding locations, models, props, clothing, hair and makeup etc.
• Initiate and support the launch of key campaigns with the sales and marketing team
• Create print and digital ads, often award-winning, for local advertisers
• Oversee press and print quality
• Ensure the visual identity and brand of our parent company is consistent at all events Special projects
Bay State Baby Book 2017, 2018
• Orchestrated the design and production of a 60-page glossy print book for UMass Memorial Hospital’s Maternity Center through baystateparent.
• Worked closely with the UMass Memorial PR team as well as the press
• Secured area photographers and researched and purchased appropriate stock photography The Parenting Media Association’s Annual Report and Conference Brochures 2013, 2014 and 2015
• Responsible for the design and layout from conceptualization to finish. Including securing appropriate photography and graphics.
Events 2017 & 2018
• Responsible for all aspects of baystateparent’s annual KidsCon and Camp Expo, which attracted approximately1000 visitors. With over 65 vendors, KidsCon is a one-stop resource for all things kids.
• Locating a venue and working within their parameters
• Creating and managing a budget
• Composing and ordering all marketing materials for the event such as: name of event, advertising, sales collateral, all signage, vendor contracts, T-shirts, hand-out bags, and programs
• Creating floor plans for vendors and entertainers
• Securing entertainers and coordinating schedules
• Running a successful raffle with over 25 raffle items including many gift baskets for children and families
• Working closely with the contracting company suppling pipe and drape
• Staffing the event
• Lining up photographers and videographers
• Ordering food for vendors
• Overall, management and trouble-shooting during the event Accomplishments