Robert V. Mira
Throughout my adult life I have found a way to gather skills that I needed to be successful. To relatively quickly learn processes, techniques and methods that afforded me an ability to perform my job with seasoned professionalism.
I do not think it is a greater intellect or anything like that. I feel it is a desire to do a good job. To feel that the task at hand mattered.
I also for the most part have had bosses that were good mentors. Who saw in me someone that was trainable. Someone who would not do just enough but who looked to go the extra mile. Seven years of Retail experience that began at 16, selling mens wear to a customer base with an average age of 62. Needing to gain their confidence that a ‘Young Man’ could offer fashion and style advice. Then ending as a Store Manager with a National Electronics Retailer, that had many customers that required technical advice and problem solving.
I moved to Heavy Road Construction and advanced through the ranks to become a crew foreman and had a key role in the building of 2 Reservoirs.
Over the course of a 24 year career in the Flavor industry, I have been successful in both Flavor Creation and Flavor Applications, as a creative partner to Global customers and World Wide Brands. Additionally to Regional and Local manufacturers who required advanced development expertise. My experience and expertise includes a thorough knowledge of a wide range of beverage application systems, beverage processing and nutritional design. Emulsion creation and working knowledge of flavor chemistry. I now find myself back at ‘My Retail Roots’ having an opportunity of face to face relationships helping my customers find the best possible choices for their wardrobe. This combination of selling and service is proving to be a rewarding experience in more ways than financial. Robert Mira
2018 – Present Casual Male/ DXL Assistant Store Manager
• Provide outstanding Customer Experience
• Process incoming merchandise deliveries
• Daily/Weekly reporting
• Contribute to store achieving sales goals
• Fill in at other stores in the Region during staffing issues
• In-Store Merchandising and Display
• Maintain store appearance standards
• Participate in Regional Conference Calls
• Mentor store staff in improving core matrix
2017-2018 Mattress Firm – Showroom Manager
• Customer demonstrations to assist in identifying the sleep system which best fulfills their needs.
• Inventory control: Physical weekly, monthly and quarterly counts.
• Sales Quota responsibility both individually and store expectations.
• Display and Layout of showroom both permanent gallery displays as well as promotional sign execution.
• Customer service for merchandise and delivery expectations of new purchases and warranty issues. Coordination with warehouse to complete the customer order process.
• Promotion of the company and specific store through social media outlets, fostering customer reviews, community interaction with local organizations.
• Daily/Quarterly reports.
2013-2016 T. Hasegawa USA - Lead Beverage Application Technologist
• Developed Beverage systems and formulations to assist Regional Customers with limited technical capabilities.
• Created formulation to meet specific nutritional needs in addition to organoleptic standards.
• Designed Beverage system with complete nutritional profile to meet FDA standards and customer requirements.
• Lead Emulsion implementation team to expand corporate flavor library portfolio.
• Designed promotional presentations to best demonstrate flavor tool kits and proprietary materials as introductory presentation.
2012-2013 Independent Benefits Consultant - NJ State Life and Health Producers License Contracted with Major Indemnity Provider.
• Create a new book of business through cold canvas, warm market.
• Networking. Presentations to Business Owners with strategies to bolster benefit packages and programs.
• Educate employees of options and terms of benefit packages being provide through staff meetings and one on one consultations.
2001-2012 Firmenich North America – Senior Food Technologist
• Zone North America Beverages Universal and Super Collection Applications Coordinator; Partner with Flavor Creations to develop a living Applications Library.
• Beverage Applications Category Manager: Functional Beverages and Juice & Nectar; Coordinate with Marketing Managers and Account Managers to develop business segment for each coming year.
• Emulsion Creation Lead Technologist: Create New Emulsion formulae, Source and test new raw materials. Mentor and train junior staff in emulsion technology.
• Application Lead for Global Isotonic Industry: Work closely with Account Manager to build strong relationship with Product Development Teams and Brand Managers to successful completion of proactive and reactive briefs.
• Winning Launches in Isotonic Beverage, Juice Categories, CSD’s, RTD Tea. 1998-2001 Hagelin Flavors & Fragrance – Lead Flavor Technologist
Create, Develop Beverage systems to demonstrate flavor systems that both meet customer expectations and showcase capabilities
Introduced Emulsion Technology; Procure equipment and Raw Materials create SOP’s and implantation of protocols.
Application Lead of Sales Team that combined Marketing and Sales to introduce the company to new customers.
Create targeted presentations
Customize applications to meet customer’s requirements
Prepare multi-media demonstrations
Review Flavor Blends and suggestion adjustments to reduce need for Flavor Chemist review to allow Creative group to focus on new Formulae.
1992-1998 Dragoco Flavors & Fragrance – Senior Flavor Chemist Assistant
Daily Flavor Compounding to create new formulae to meet customer requirements
Physical testing of bases and finished flavors for specification.
Trained in Emulsion creation and preparation
Brookdale Community College: Worked towards Liberal Arts Degree 1992-Present - Various Professional Development Seminars