WAYNE BANKS II
San Francisco, CA ***** firstname.lastname@example.org
https://github.com/Limelight-Management-Group https://github.com/bruce-wayne-at-adobe PRODUCT MANAGER
Data-driven, PMP certified, product manager with a background leading cross-functional teams to plan and execute company initiatives and goals. Demonstrated ability to enhance user experience, while increasing the bottom-line. Expertise in product strategy, analysis, and financial modeling/forecasting.
Core competencies include:
Leadership • Strategic Planning • Streamline Operations • People Management Project Management • Agile Development • Analysis
Facebook, MPK, Ca November 2017-July 2019
Product Reliability Specialist
Worked with engineering and product teams to support and execute goals, by using user signal as an input into decision-making affecting nearly 100MM users.
• Met with E.M. and P.M.s, in order to get roadmap buy-in, man-hours, and or feedback for my proposed projects/initiatives.
• Used regression data to create dashboards of relevant metrics and or mile- stones for respective product team partnerships.
• Also served as on-call, working with engineers to resolve user-pain at scale.
Acted as voice of the user helping my team keep all reliability tickets we received with our SLA 80 percent of the time.
Used server data and SQL server queries to uncover and advocate preventative, upstream solutions to provide a better UX to product teams; due to the effec- tiveness of alerts I created with DS and ENG team of Facebook Pages and Cam- era, we were able to reduce the amount of regressions experienced by more than 100MM users.
Investigated and resolved high-impact user-facing regressions that break Facebook functionality;
• Used trend-analysis to create upstream solutions for historical product regressions.
• Coordinated with product teams (Facebook Pages) to create reliability tests which helped to identify regressions that previously went undetected and impacted 100MM + Facebook Users.
• Created Data Visualization dashboards by querying datasets for metrics that I and the engineers identified to be indicators for engineers to triage.
• Led regression reviews where we discussed historical data to identify trends
• Sought and achieved the necessary buy-in to get the man-hours to complete the project’s scope.
Managed team of two contractors and rolled out increased scope, while main- taining expected level of quality; resolved all aspects of work and hiring related decisions, conflict, training and 1:1 checkins for team.
• Developed quality check framework rubric to establish expectations perfor- mance criteria, in addition to creating a baseline for future performance to be goaled against.
Wayne Banks II email@example.com
• Overall quality of of team was baselined, to ID areas for improvement in quality, speed, scope of assignment.
Adobe Corp.(Light Room), SJ, Ca. August 2016-January 2017 Software Engineer Intern
o Wrote scripts which executed DB queries for retrieval of over 100,000 records, and filtered, based upon user type and activity, to identify best form of stor- age; Tier-data vs. Glacier.
o Implemented scripts to migrate data from LR version one to version two; wrote test to verify migration success.
Product management experience =>
o API integration - I performed research to evaluate the Azure, Adobe, and AWS APIs, to determine which service would deliver the most useful tags and value for our end-users.
o Worked extensively in Agile and Scrum environments, aiding in leveraging user- signal, to develop the right products and optimize our users’ experience. o Prepared requirement specification documents, design documents, test cases, and performed analysis.
Built custom websites for community organizations, independent businesses, and individuals.
Wire-framed, designed, and developed websites using sketch and indesign.
Open Source contributor,The Mentor App; an app for veterans to connect with mentors.
The Limelight Internet Showcase(Limelighttalentbooking.com) November 2013-Present Founder, Head of Product
Set roadmap and developed release scheduled
Identified success metrics and set KPIs/metrics to goal against
User Experience research and design, AB tests/optimization
Created behavior profiles/ personas
User testing and assumption validation
identified user stories and VAP
Acquired team members needed to complete project objectives
Developed story-points and team velocity for Agile sprints
XFN collaboration with engineering, business, design
Developed user flow
Optimized development, leverage user signal and available data
Developed Go-to-market strategy
U.S. Army, 21 Bravo - Combat Engineer VETERAN October 2006 WEWORK-Bunker Labs’ Veteran In Residence ( Incubator) May - September 2019 Wayne Banks II firstname.lastname@example.org
• My startup was accepted into an incubator; developed the Limelight Music Market- place app with engineering team.(limelighttalentbooking.com) PMI Project Management Professional Cert, PMP December 2019 EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS
Economics BA, Morehouse College (Honors)
Product Management Cert, General Assembly
Full Stack Ruby on Rails Cert, General Assembly