BANKING/FINANCIAL SERVICE INDUSTRY
Profile: “Numbers tell the truth… And I have some great news…” Well qualified to leverage extensive industry knowledge, skills, and experience in transaction-oriented position within structured finance and/or investments banking environments; offer broad organizational perspective and results-driven approach to activities and projects with a focus on debt and capital markets.
● Sold loans within six days or less.
● Reduced purchasing turnaround times by 90 percent.
● Achieved an 85 percent recovery rate of billing cycle.
● Generated company growth - monetary, protocol and procedural adaptation(s) within 6 months.
● Efficiently managed over 100 mortgages, contracts policy and procedures.
● Efficiently assisted, reviewed, and executed over 40 loans within a month. Skills
Post Mortems, Feasibility Analysis, Recommendation Reports, Cost Control Strategies. Metrics:
ROI, CRA, CRM, Customer Segmentation, Product-Centric Modeling. Analytics:
Data Mining, Dashboards, Scorecards, SQL, Service Oriented Architecture. Software:
MS Office Suite/365, Doc Magic, Encompass, ProNet, Imaging, various. Experience:
New American Funding
Post-Closing Draw Administrator / 2018 - current
● Manage the renovation escrow account for New American Funding.
● Work directly with borrowers, contractors, HUD Consultants and/or Project Inspectors through a third-party escrow management system to open, monitor and manage the loan renovation draw process.
● Responsible for maintaining all documents related to the renovation projects and contractor validation and ensure document completion and accuracy.
● Liaison between the Lender, builder, and borrower to keep projects on track and the budget in line.
● Responsible for overseeing and managing multiple complex construction projects in conjunction with multiple Lenders.
● Offer the highest level of customer service to management, customers, vendors, and New American Funding staff by providing clear and proficient direction in all interactions in a professional manner.
● Manage pipeline of loans as directed by management or as volume requires, to include renovation loans, rehab (203k), 1031 tax exchange, new construction and/or completion/repair escrows/escrow holdbacks, etc.
● Communicate escrow draw process to all parties.
● Maintain accurate accounting of renovation and repair escrow funds.
● Assist clients with paperwork such as furnishing necessary documents, completing forms, and understanding contracts.
● Schedule and review final inspections; verify HUD/FHA /FNMA acceptability.
● Manage title update process; alleviate and release any mechanics liens, judgements, etc, to ensure title is free and clear.
● Request and deliver payments to contractors, borrowers, and/or sellers.
● Verify that the document trail is complete and accurate. Upload all documents into electronic storage system.
● Update and close out files according to agency guidelines and time frames. Maintain excellent communication with all New American Funding customers and/or offices.
● Complete administrative tasks as assigned.
● Perform all other duties as requested or assigned. AmeriHome
Loan Review Analyst / 2016-2018
● Adjust or correct post-closing errors in order to maintain accurate and sellable residential mortgage loans.
● Monitor for Government Insurance, and trailing docs such as Mortgage Insurance Certification, Recorded Deed of Trust, Title Policy and Final LE/CD.
● Identify any errors within the framework of the Correspondent’s closed loans.
● Review Automated Underwriting Analysis (DU/LP) in accordance to lender requirements, credit quality, FHA/VA/ Fannie-Freddie/ Conventional compliance guidelines to ensure core competency for the service of and/or salability of loans to secondary markets.
● Responsible for the pre-purchase review of Conventional, Non-Conforming, FHA, USDA, Hybrid, Fannie/Freddie, VA, etc - loan files. Timios Inc.
Closing Specialist / 2014-2016
● Advised Title Department when high liability approval required and/or reinsurance.
● Coordinated with departments for underwriter(s) approval on high liability approval.
● Handled all funds placed through the Company's escrow account for high liability.
● Complex commercial transactions throughout the State and nationally.
● Instructed Closing Coordinator on what curative matters need clearing; I.e., payoffs, lien, update taxes, assessments, etc.
First Rate Financial
Loan Coordinator / 2013-2014
● Reviewed accounts for risk and approved loans per guidelines.
● Prepared and typed loan applications, closing, legal, forms and other documents.
● Accepted payment on accounts.
● Verified customer collateral to be held on loan security.
● Established credit limits and granted extensions of credit. Bank of America
Post-Closing Loan Analyst / 2011-2013
● Reconciled compensatory fee and REO gram invoice ensuring charge accuracy.
● Reviewed account & recommended charges related to 3rd parties.
● Handled post-closing funding of approved loans by underwriter and system.
● Verified contractual obligations fulfilled within HUD, FHA & other guidelines.
● Resolved and rectified all issues pertaining to post closing discrepancies. ACT Mortgage Capital
Closing Manager / 2009-2011
● DE Underwriting; lending authority of $650,000 (max limit to hold); Underwrite and condition loans according to lender requirements and credit quality, and ensured documentation adequately supported credit decision. Diverse experience in both manual and automated underwriting. (Wholesale Broker/Retail/FHA/VA/ Fannie-Freddie / Conventional loans, etc.)
● Responsible for researching guidelines for Fannie, Freddie, FHA, USDA, etc.
● Review of complex tax returns to advise LO's, Processor's, and/or Funders’ what income could be used and how loan would be qualified.
● Review of multiple rental properties for income purposes. Review of complex credit reports and giving LO's the best option for the current. Pacific First Financial
Chief Closing Operations Officer / 2007-2009
● Contract Underwriting, lending authority unlimited; Underwrite and conditioned loans according to lender requirements and credit quality, and ensured documentation adequately supports credit decision; including hard money transactions.
● Managed and maintained a pipeline 70-100 loans a month; exceeded daily goal of 5 loans a day; met deadline of 24-48 hour turn time on loans (Issue loan approvals or professionally written adverse action notifications). Responsible for conditional approving and final approving loans.
● Reviewed and analyzed complex borrower profiles, appraisal, tax returns, rental properties, title reports, credit reports, income documentation to determine debt and loan to value ratios.
Closer III / 2005-2007
● Reviewed and audited loan file including legal and financial documentation.
● Analyzed title commitment, property survey and mortgage insurance documents.
● Ensured accuracy of broker fee sheet and secondary lock confirmation.
● Managed and resolved outstanding issues within various departments. HSBC
Doc Drawer / 2003-2005
● Drafted loan documents
● Supported and provided customer service to all internally and externally.
● Updated data into spreadsheets and proprietary databases.
● Verified customer’s funds and reviewed their accounts.
● Assisted with outbound calls to verify customer information. EDUCATION
Morris Brown College