Mahy Youssef Ahmed ElBaz
***, ******* ******, ***** **********, New Cairo, Egypt.
Seeking a challenging job opportunity in a multinational organization that expands both my personal and professional knowledge, gives space for innovation and continuous learning. Employment
Assistant Manager, Corporate channel strategy department, Samsung Electronics, September 2018- Current
- Responsible for sales channel development for all divisions (TV, HA & HHP) through on- going analysis of Samsung performance in key organized retail chains with key recommendation and action plan highlighted in quarterly report & forum.
- Responsible for periodical Samsung electronics- all divisions performance analysis; monthly dashboard, quarterly review and annual report drawing action plans for divisions growth prospective.
- Conducting risk assessment to Samsung distributors. In addition to exploring expansion distribution opportunities that is in line Samsung strategic direction.
- Responsible for competitive analysis performance showing the impact of new market entries or expansion plan of competitor’s on Samsung.
- Responsible for Samsung electronics (TV, HA &HHP) strategy formulation, documentation, circulation and periodical review of achievement vs. financial target and strategy.
- Responsible for key support materials such as; PEST analysis, market study, and competitive Analysis as well as any research material to support Samsung Egypt. Business Development Analyst, Commercial Strategy and Planning unit, Commercial Department, Etisalat Misr, October 2014- August 2017
- Responsible for Etisalat Misr Commercial Strategy formulation, documentation and Communication
Liaise with Commercial Department Heads key Corporate Strategy and COO direction, to help with formulation of each segment strategy through discussion groups as well as providing supporting documents Market Sizing, PEST Analysis…etc.
Formulate one solid Commercial Strategy showing key pillars and growth drivers.
Communicate Commercial Strategy in different forums based on target audience group and confidentiality level.
Ensure Commercial Department performance is in line with Strategy and financial targets through periodical Commercial Strategy Review
- Responsible for Etisalat Misr periodical Commercial Department performance analysis and presentation material in CXO’s forums and different Etisalat Group committees.
Formulate Board, Executive Committee and Review presentations through coordination with Commercial Department managerial levels.
Coordinate with Etisalat Group other key focus initiatives; internal strategy, management, and performance.
- Responsible for key support materials such as; periodical PEST Analysis, Market Study, Competitive Analysis.
- Responsible for insightful materials for business development showing future areas of investment, and growth drivers through global market trends, and break through with focus on similar markets, countries and companies performance. Assistant Lecturer/ Researcher (Part-Time), British University in Egypt, 2012–2013. Teaching assistant/ Assistant Lecturer/ Researcher (Full Time), British University in Egypt, 2009–2012.
M.A., Economics, the American University in Cairo (AUC), GPA 3.64, Competitive strategy and valuation, Fall 2011.
Economics of competitiveness course, American University in Cairo (AUC) affiliated with Harvard University, Grade: A, Spring 2010.
B.A., Economics, First Class Honor, Faculty of Business, Economics and Political science, The British University in Egypt, Sherouk, Spring 2009. Honors and Awards
Teaching assistantship award, American University in Cairo, winter 2011. The British University in Egypt, undergraduate fellowship for Academic Excellence, Fall 2005-Spring 2009.
Other Research work
The Malaysian Structural reforms and its role in development, 2011. The Determinants of Official Development Assistance in the MENA region, 2011. Egypt productivity: determinants and constraints, 2009. Skills
Microsoft Office; Excellent command of Word,PowerPoint & Excel
Good use of Prezi software
Ability to build logical, consistent and coherent analytical reviews
Team work skills
Excellent Analytical skills
Excellent leadership skills
Excellent Research skills
Languages: Proficiency in English, Arabic (Native) Miscellaneous Activities
Participant, Stock Market Simulation, The British University in Egypt, 2008. Organizing team, International Telecom Union conference (ITU), Egypt, 2006. References and letters of recommendation are available upon requests