Ronaldo Diaz Dela Cruz Electrical Engineer (Quality Assurance)
Grade A MMUP/UPDA® Electrical Engineer, ASQ® Certified Quality Engineer, IRCA® QMS Auditor
Doha, Qatar • +974******** • firstname.lastname@example.org PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
• Talented and results-oriented Electrical Engineer presently working in Qatar with an International and Multi-discipline Project Management Consulting Company having MMUP/MME/UPDA certification as a Grade A Electrical Engineer with 16 years overall experience in the Construction Industry (Buildings, Infrastructures, Military & Aerospace) and specializing in Project/Construction Management & Quality Management of all phases of construction activities from planning, execution, controls and validation that includes the three phases of inspections for the Installation, Testing & Commissioning of multiple range of Electrical Power System & Equipments
(HV.MV,LV) as well as Communications, Fire Safety & Security, Special Airport System, ELV & Low Current Systems.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer with more than 12 years of GCC experience in the different areas of Construction Quality Management System (Quality Planning, Quality Assurance, Quality Control & Continual Improvement).
• IRCA Certified QMS Auditor with QMS Lead Auditor Certificate in ISO 9001-2015 and QMS Internal Auditor Certificate in ISO 9001- 2008 having 8 years of construction auditing experience in the ISO 9001 standard requirements. CAREER OBJECTIVE
Looking for a new challenging role where I can utilize my experience, knowledge and skills in the field of Project/Construction Management & Quality Management to be able to provide a high-quality output, help in eliminating production waste, increase efficiency of project operations and provide customer satisfaction that will effectively contribute in the organization’s success. KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
• Contributed in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the organization’s systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement towards organization’s success.
• Ensured company conformance to established quality management system, relevant quality procedures and process controls that promoted customer satisfaction.
• Performed verification and validation of products, services or system that helped meeting customer specifications and complying relevant regulatory requirements.
Knowledge & Skills
Working knowledge of Quality Management System standard (ISO 9001)
Good Auditing skills as per ISO 9001-2015 requirements
Good understanding of Management System Auditing Guidelines (ISO 19011)
Good understanding of Quality Management - Quality Planning Guidelines (ISO 10005)
Working knowledge of Qatar Local Codes and Regulation (QCS 2014, KAHRAMAA 2016, QCD)
Working Knowledge of International Standards (NFPA 70, NFPA 72, NFPA 101, NETA, NEMA, ANSI/ISA, BSI, NECA)
Familiar with ER1180-1-6 USACE Construction Quality Management System (CQM)
Knowledge of Safety and Health Requirements as per EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety Manual
Experience working in multi-cultural environment
Strong knowledge of process improvement and metrics
Able to demonstrate multi-tasking skills
Able to work well under pressure
Strong attention to detail and follow-through
Expertise in Quality system Root Cause and Corrective Action practices and analyses
Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Very good analytical, problem solving and risk assessment skills
Interfacing skills with customer/client
Knowledgeable in conducting design reviews on technical submittals (Shop/Detail drawings, Material Submittals, As-built drawings)
Mix experience in large building & infrastructure projects in Middle East (GCC) – Commercial Buildings (Shopping mall, High rise Hotel & Office Buildings, Restaurants & Souq), Residential Buildings (Villas, Apartment Blocks and Housing Complex), Infrastructures (Substation Blocks, Chiller Yards, Roads, Walkways, Play grounds, Car Parking, Landscaped Park), Airports, Military Defense and Support Facilities
Proficient in the use of computer and MS Office Product (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook)
Working knowledge of USACE Resident Management System (RMS)
Knowledge with the following Electrical Power Systems
• Lighting & Small Power, Dimming and Lighting Control, Earthing & Lightning Protection, Street Lighting & Control System, Electrical Network Management System
Knowledge with the following Electrical Equipments
• Panel Boards, Power Distribution Units, MV & LV Switchgear, Switch Board, Disconnect Switches, Motor Controllers, Central Battery Units, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), Frequency Converters, Motor Control Centers (MCC), Transformers, Capacitor Banks, Generators, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Ring Main Units (RMU), Feeder Pillars
Knowledge with Special Airport Systems (CIMS, RDS,VCS,BIDS, BHS, PAS, BIS, FIDS, TDS, ICT Systems)
Knowledge with Communication & Control Systems (ELV/Low Current)
• Structured Cabling (Copper & Fiber), Telecom system Active and Passive Network, CATV System, Public Address and Radio System, Protected Distribution System, Integrated Audio Video, Integrated Reception System, Video Intercom, Smart Home, Building Management System
Knowledge with Fire & Life Safety System
• Fire Detection & Alarm, Mass Notification, Fire Suppression Control, VESDA, Emergency Lighting System
Knowledge with Electronic Security Systems
• Access Control (ACS), Intrusion Detection (IDS), Perimeter Intrusion Detection (PIDS), Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), X-Ray & Metal Detection, Wedge Barrier, Vehicle Scanner, Hydraulic Bollard, Turnstile, Arm Road Barrier Professional Experience
Designation: Electrical Engineer (Quality Assurance Representative) - (April 2019 – Present) Parsons International Limited – Federal Solutions (Project Management Consultancy Company) - Doha, Qatar Key Projects to Credit:
• Project: Federal/Shied-5 Program (Qatar Ministry of Defense Military Project) – Doha Qatar; Client: US Army Corps of Engineers Middle East District: April 2019 - Present
• Total Project Value: $684,422,583.68
Duties & Responsibilities: (Construction Phase Support Service to United States Army Corps of Engineers – USACE)
• Review and comment upon proposed construction or service performance techniques, procedures, and methods prepared or proposed by others and provide recommendations with respect to approval or disapproval actions that should be taken. Review, on behalf of the Government, and provide to the Government comments with respect to quality control plans, procedures, and techniques and perform compliance inspections of the manner in which they are actually implemented.
• Conduct the full range of Quality Assurance inspections and testing in order to substantiate or otherwise verify the suitability of in- place work, materials and equipment or services provided and provide findings to the Government for appropriate action.
• Monitor construction Contractors’ or Service providers’ procedures for the identification, classification, tracking, resolution and disseminating of information pertaining to construction and performance deficiencies and provide findings to the Government for appropriate action in order to assure timely corrective action as well as the prevention of similar occurrences. Substantiate that proposed corrective actions are appropriate for the specific deficiency and provide findings to the Government for appropriate action.
• Assist or represent the Government at preparatory inspections held prior to the commencement of the work. Prior to conducting preparatory inspections, perform all appropriate preliminary activities such as ensuring that, where appropriate, the correct site location, layout and elevations of the work have been established. Verify that all required preliminary actions have been taken and resources have been procured or arranged, including but not limited to: submittal review & approval of Shop drawings, As-built Drawings, Material Approval Request, O&M Manuals; verification that approved materials, supplies and equipment are on hand in the quantities required; safety job hazard analyses have been prepared and approved; qualified workmen are available and properly prepared; field supervisory staff is knowledgeable and qualified; appropriate testing equipment is on hand, properly calibrated and functioning; and any required manufacturer’s technical representatives or specialists are available. Prepare written reports for the Government in a timely manner that document all aspects of preparatory inspections and advise the Government as to whether the construction contractor or service provider should be allowed to proceed with the work.
• Familiar with ER1180-1-6 Construction Quality Management and able to conduct Quality Assurance through the implementation of three phase control system, i.e., preparatory phase, initial phase and follow up phase. Attend initial and follow-up inspections in accordance with approved and applicable quality control plans and fully document for the Government the results of those inspections. Inspect the contractor's initial work efforts and provide comments and recommendations to the Government as to the Contractor’s adherence to the contract documents and to the safety job hazard analysis for appropriate action by the Government.
• Perform review of construction contractors’ or service providers’ daily quality control and safety reports to assure that the quality control operations are adequately documented (including such activities as level of inspections, inspection results, testing procedures and results, deficiency correction actions, etc.) and that work is being performed in a safe manner and provide findings to the Government for appropriate action. Provide daily quality assurance inspections and surveillance of construction contractors’ or service providers’ quality control programs and safety programs and provide findings to the Government for appropriate action in order to ensure compliance with their contract requirements. Review ongoing construction work or services being provided to verify that materials and workmanship or services conform to contract requirements and provide findings to the Government. Within 24 hours of such inspections, submit daily quality assurance reports (QAR) to the Government using the Corps of Engineers automated construction contract administration and reporting system, RMS (Resident Management System).
• Attend and participate in (in an advisory capacity) meetings such as pre-construction and pre-performance conferences, quality control coordination meetings, progress meetings, and other conferences and meetings held between the Government’s representatives and construction contractors or service providers or, where authorized, between representatives of other architectural firms and the Government.
• Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations to the Government concerning deficiency clearance activities performed by construction contractors and service providers.
• Maintain master sets of drawings and specifications for the use by A-E and Government personnel in the performance of quality assurance, technical services and contract administration activities.
• Monitor the preparation of as-built documents by contractors to ensure that those documents are being prepared on an on-going basis and report findings to the Government. Review contractor submissions of as-built drawings for completeness and accuracy and provide advice in writing to the appropriate Government personnel as to the acceptability of such submissions.
• Provide the following to the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), based on the construction work performed at the construction site:
a. Daily Quality Assurance report.
b. Review of each of contractors’ pay requests and percentages complete. c. Review and recommendations for responses to RFIs. d. Review and recommendations for responses to submittals. Designation: Quality Engineer (May 2011 – March 2019) Johnson Controls International (Controls, Fire & Security Solution Provider Company) - Doha, Qatar Company Award / Recognition:
• 5 Year Service Award - Johnson Controls Employee Recognition Program 2016
• Gold Star Recipient – Johnson Controls Employee Recognition Program 2013 Key Projects to Credit:
• Project 1: Msheireb Downtown Doha Phase 2 Project – Doha, Qatar; Consultant: CEG International; Client: Msherieb Properties; Duration: February 2015 – March 2019
• Project Value: $ 27,296,877.90
• Project 2: New Doha International Airport (NDIA CP-75) – Doha, Qatar; Consultant: Overseas Bechtel Incorporated (OBI); Client: Qatar Airways; Duration: May 2011 – January 2015
• Project Value: $ 71,409,000.00
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepared and implemented Project Specific Quality Plan and Quality Control procedures in accordance with JCI’s Quality Management System and Client’s requirement and monitored the performance of subcontractors on all quality matters
• Reviewed Technical submittals as submitted by the Subcontractors and coordinated the approval with the client.
• Reviewed and monitored the close-out of project document submittals.
• Supervised QC Inspectors for the execution of inspection and testing of completed installation as per the approved ITP, project specification, approved shop drawing or contract requirements and led them in other related activities such as material receiving inspection.
• Led and managed a QA/QC team to successfully deliver the construction programme to the required quality standards
• Monitored the close-out of project non-conformance reports (NCRs) and corrective action requests (CARs).
• Monitored the clearing out of snag list / punch items.
• Updated and maintained contract quality registers (work inspection log, material inspection log, NCR log, CAR log, site observation log, equipment calibration log) and constantly monitored their status.
• Ensured that all quality related records are produced, documented and maintained.
• Prepared & presented statistical reports on quality performance and participated on Management Review meeting
• Developed and implemented audit schedules and plans
• Carried-out internal/first party audit within organization and external/second party audit to subcontractors/suppliers to ensure compliance with JCI’s quality management system and contract documents respectively.
• Coordinated requirements for 3rd party audit and liaised with 3rd party certifying body for JCI’s ISO 9001 re-certification
• Conducted quality induction training for newly recruited staff
• Reviewed quality policy for suitability and monitored company performance on quality objectives
• Attended quality related meetings with the client representative and supervision consultant.
• Ensured all quality control documentation is completed and compiled for project handing over
• Monitored construction activities and coordinated quality issues with the project manager, site engineer and subcontractor personnel.
• Identified the training needs and carried out in house quality training to improve skills of employees Designation: Electrical QA/QC Engineer (Aug 2008 – May 2011) Mapco LLC (MEP Subcontractor), Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Key Projects to Credit:
• Project 1: Central Market Redevelopment Project, Abu Dhabi, UAE; Consultant: WS Atkins; Client: Aldar Properties; Duration: June 2010
– May 2011.
• Project Value: $ 35,374,331.04
• Project 2: Baniyas Commercial and Residential Complex, Abu Dhabi, UAE; Consultant: World Planners Consultant Engineers; Client: Baniyas Investment and Development Properties; Duration: September 2009 – May 2010.
• Project Value: $ 45,042,570.48
• Project 3: Ruwais Housing Complex – Abu Dhabi, UAE; Consultant: Dorsch Gruppe; Client: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
(ADNOC); Duration: August 2008 – September 2009.
• Project Value: $ 31,310,079.48
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepared inspection test plans, method statements, quality assurance plans, quality control procedures, operation and maintenance manual and other technical submittals to meet the contract requirements.
• Supervised and led the QC inspectors for inspection and testing of MEP installation/erection as per ITPs, design specifications, drawings or contract requirements and inspection of incoming materials, issue of NCR’s and monitoring of corrective and preventive actions.
• Coordinated with project manager, site engineers, erection/installation personnel as well as consultants and suppliers, liaised and attended inspections with client representative / consultant.
• Prepared and updated site related quality records (work inspection log, material inspection log, and NCR log) and monitored their status.
• Identified training requirements, planned, organized and conducted in house quality and technical training to improve skills of employees, particularly of the newly recruited.
Designation: Electrical QC Engineer (Oct 2007 – Jun 2008) Al Habtoor, Murray and Robberts and Takenaka Joint Venture (Main Contractor-JV), Dubai, U.A.E. Key Project to Credit:
• Project: Dubai International Airport Expansion Concourse 2 Terminal 3 – Dubai UAE; Consultant: Dar Al-Handasah & Aero de Paris Incorporated; Client: Dubai Civil Aviation Authority; Duration: October 2007 – June 2008.
• Project Value: $ 4, 500,000,000.00
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervised and led the group of QC inspectors for the timely execution of inspection and testing of Electrical installations as per ITP’s, design specifications, drawings or contract requirements and inspection of incoming materials, issuing of NCR’s and monitoring of corrective and preventive actions.
• Coordinated with site engineers and other site installation personnel as well as with the consultants and suppliers regarding quality issues observed.
• Prepared and issued feedback report to QA/QC manager to ensure that all QA/QC issues were promptly and completely addressed.
• Liaised and attended inspections with client representative / consultant (DAR and ADPI) and attended internal QA/QC meetings with HMRT JV project.
• Participated in the closing out of snag list / punch items and verified correctness of as built drawings issued by the MEP construction department.
• Project Electrical Engineer, Conmech Construction and Development Corporation, Metro Manila, Philippines, Jan 2007 to Sep 2007 (00 Years 08 Months)
• Site Electrical Engineer, First Agricultural Resource Management Incorporated, Metro Manila, Philippines, Feb 2004 to Jan 2007 (02 Years 11 Months)
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Bulacan State University – Bulacan, Philippines (April 2003) Professional Development
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES:
• IRCA Certificated QMS Auditor – Active status, International Register of Certificated Auditors, UK, Expiry July 2020
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer – Active status, American Society for Quality, USA, Expiry December 2022
• MMUP/UPDA Grade A Registered Electrical Engineer – Active status, Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning, Doha Qatar, Expiry June 2022
• PRC Registered Electrical Engineer – Active status, Professional Regulation Commission, Manila Philippines, Expiry Sept. 2021
• PRC Registered Master Electrician – Active status, Professional Regulation Commission, Manila Philippines, Expiry Sept. 2021 TRAINING COURSES, WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS:
• Seminar on APEC Engineer Registry, PEE practices in Philippines, EE practice in ASEAN region, Project Management-Managing Stake Holders, Fire Alarm System, IIEE, Doha Qatar, September 2018
• Seminar on Railway Electrification System, Electrical and Instrumentation Interfaces, Switchgear Internal Arc Flash Protection up to 52KV, Process Improvement in Construction, District Cooling Applications and Energy Efficiency, IIEE, Doha Qatar, July 2018
• Seminar on Introduction to Gas Insulated Switchgear, Electrical Engineering Road Map, Insulation Coordination, Introduction to LEED- Green Building, Fundamentals of Short Circuit Calculations, IIEE, Doha Qatar, February 2018
• Workshop on Integrated Management System (IMS) – ISO:9001, ISO:14001, OHSAS:18001 (ISO 45001), 3FOLD Training and Consultancy, Doha Qatar, November 2017
• Seminar on 500KV Switchyard system, Grounding and Bonding, Evaluation on upgrading of power transformers from ONAN to ONAF, IIEE, Doha Qatar, September 2017
• Seminar on Basics of Insulation Coordination, Introduction to SKM Power for windows software and presentation of captor time-current coordination, IIEE, Doha Qatar, November 2017
• ISO 9001-2015 IRCA Approved QMS Lead Auditor, ESENEK Training Centre / 3FOLD Education Centre, Doha Qatar, April 2017
• Certified Quality Engineer (2016), Chicago Training & Consultancy Center, Doha Qatar, March 2016
• Seven Basic Tools of Quality (2013), Focal Training & Consultancy / 3FOLD Education Center, Doha Qatar, July 2013
• ISO 9001-2008 QMS Internal Auditor, Austrian Quality and Evaluation / Quality Austria Gulf, Doha Qatar, December 2011
• ISO 14001-2004 Environmental Management System, Doha Industrial Safety Services, Doha Qatar, July 2011
• Electrical Safety and Preventive Maintenance (2004), First Philippine Industrial Zone, Batangas Philippines, April 2004
• On the Job Training, National Power Corporation (Electrical Substation and Transmission Company), Bulacan Philippines, June 2002 MEMBERSHIPS:
• Active Member IRCA UK, International Register of Certificated Auditors – Active status, Expiry July 2020
• Associate Member ASQ USA, American Society for Quality – Active status, Expiry April 2020
• Regular Member IIEE State of Qatar Chapter, Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers – Active status, Expiry Sept. 2022 Personal Details
• Nationality: Filipino
• Date of Birth: 04 Sept 1980
• Marital Status: Married
• Languages: English and Tagalog
• Driving License: Qatar Driving License
• Visa Type: Work Visa (Company Sponsorship)