A diligent graduate seeking a challenging career in a successful company to further develop and utilise skills and abilities in the field of exercise physiology.
Developed an understanding of the following areas:
● Provision of individualised exercise interventions ● Management, treatment and prevention of chronic diseases
● Musculoskeletal rehabilitation ● Functional assessments and exercise testing ● Evidence-based clinical reasoning
● Behavioural management strategies ● Client education PRE-PROFRESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Optimum Health Solutions Jan 2019 – Feb 2019
• Delivered exercise sessions for clients aged 19-75 with various cardiometabolic and musculoskeletal conditions, primarily under WorkCover, NDIS and EPC referral.
• Observed and ran individual hydrotherapy sessions with a focus on functional rehabilitation and chronic disease management for the elderly.
• Constructed home and gym-based exercise programs for clientele, as correspondence letters from AEP to GP and other practitioners.
Forster Private Hospital June 2019 – July 2019
• Created and facilitated exercise programs for clients aged 50+ in gym, focusing on treatment of neurological and musculoskeletal disorders; discharge summaries written upon completion of program.
• Conducted initial interview and assessments for clients under NDIS, private health insurance and DVA.
• Actively collaborated with rehabilitation team including AEPs, OTs and physiotherapists to provide EPC services, working to maintain clients’ physical functionality and manage their chronic disease. Blacktown/Mt Druitt Hospital July 2019 – August 2019 Blacktown/Mt Druitt NSW
• Supervised exercise sessions for clients presenting with cardiovascular pathologies including myocardial infarction, angina, CABGs, stents. valve replacements.
• Coordinated group resistance classes with supervisor for cardiac patients in rehabilitation and maintenance programs.
• Assisted with initial interview and pre and post program assessment sessions in accordance to Medicare reporting and recording standards.
Multiple Sclerosis Limited November 2019 – December 2019 Lidcombe NSW
• Effectively provided exercise sessions for clients diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and muscular dystrophy, primarily referred through NDIS, with up to 3 clients managed per session.
• Performed mid-program assessment for clients, with subsequent program modifications and progressions made under guidance of supervisor.
• Conducted self-research on exercise methods and pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis, as well as attended educational staff in-service sessions.
The University of Sydney Bachelor of Exercise Physiology (Honours) 2016 – 2019
• WAM: 78.9
• Currently in the process of becoming ESSA accredited. CORE SKILLS
• Exceptional interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
• Strives to constantly expand current knowledge to improve upon client services.
• Strong self-management skills in a clinical setting.
• Ensures workplace procedures, expectations and requirement are adhered to.