ABDUL LATHEEF, CMA
: Doha, QATAR
An ardent finance professional with expertise in strengthening companies to lead in highly competitive situations, seeking Senior & Middle level assignments in Finance & Accounts with a growth oriented organization of repute P R O F I L E S N A P S H OT
• Senior Finance Professional with CMA certification from IMA (USA),Currently pursuing for ACCA qualification and over 16 years of experience in various functions of Finance & Accounts; Cash Management, Financial Reporting, Internal Control, Accounts Payable & Receivable, Financial Analysis, Investment Accounting, Forecasting, Budgeting, Inventory Control, Production Analysis, IFRS, Value Added Tax (VAT), Treasury Functions, Financial Modelling, Trade Finance, ERP Accounting Software: SAP & Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Familiar with MS Office 365.
• The wealth of expertise entails handling bank reconciliation, project Finance, ageing analysis, consolidation, project accounting, escrow account, customer relations, account reconciliation, P&L account, balance sheet, cash flow statement, costing, CVP, NPV, Budget allocation, Variance Analysis etc.
• Significant exposure in:
o Preparation & maintenance of statutory books of accounts, administering the finalization of yearly, quarterly & Monthly financial statements.
o Cash flow forecast and directing the entire cash management operations o Overseeing entire activities in accounts payable & receivable functions entailing collections, reconciliation, sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, etc. o Leading a team of accounts staff, taking measures for operating within a defined budget; ensuring effective utilization of resources and adhering to the standardized work practices
• Expertise in analyzing existing systems and procedures, designing internal control systems.
• Expertise in entire process Manufacturing Accounts, Costing & Inventory Control.
• An effective communicator with skills to sustain work environment towards accomplishment of organizational goals. C O R E C O M P E T E N C I E S
• Supervising finance & commercial functions involving determining financial objectives, designing & implementing systems, policies & procedures to facilitate internal financial and process controls
• Enforcing proper internal controls with the accounts payable and cash management process; taking steps to ensure no risk impacting the company’s liquidity
• Furnishing with timely & accurate financial information and analysis critical to strategic decision-making
• Facilitating the conduct of statutory audits including controls and substantive testing, preparation of financial statements as per the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), review of key business processes & internal controls and analysis of data to gain comfort on various assertions
O R G A N I Z A T I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
April 2019 – till the date Al Sehmiah Cement Product WLL (Doha, Qatar) Al Sehmiah is one of the leading manufacturer of concrete products in State of Qatar. Al Sehmiah is a fully owned subsidiary company of Al Hamla Real Estate which is belongs to the Royal Family members of Qatar. As Cost Controller & Accountant:
• Preparation of monthly financial statement In accordance with IFRS such as Income statement (P&L), Balance sheet, Statement of Changes in Equity, Cash Flow & Notes.
• Preparing annual budget & Proforma financial statement. Maintain and analyze budget, prepare periodic reports and compare the budgeted to actual cost
• Reviewing purchase request of raw material, Analyzing & controlling cost of each item.
• Reviewing production order, Preparing costing sheet for each product, Evaluating cost with standard, Necessary action & reporting.
• Inventory control, monthly inventory reconciliation, Inventory valuation & Re-order levels
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending the policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Facilitate Auditing, Answer accounting procedure question by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations March 2014 – Oct 2018 Finance & Tax Consultant (Freelance, Ajman, UAE)
• Preparation of period financial statement as per the requirements of clients such as Income statement (P&L), Balance sheet, cash flow, NPV analysis,Project report, Converting Single entry to double entry etc.
• Analyzing data related to business operation and capital structure of the client’s Organization, Suggesting for Improvements
& Optimum level
• Establish and analyzing policies and procedures related to Internal control, Installing full Accounting System, Preparation of Action plan for Improvements & Innovation with periodic follow-up.
• Preparation of periodic tax statements (VAT) for clients. Calculate the input credits and final submission. Apr 2006 – Feb 2014 Gulf General Investment Co. (P.S.C), GGICO, Dubai, UAE GGICO is a public shareholding company listed in Dubai Financial Market. It is one of the leading real estate developer in UAE and investor in primary and secondary markets (GCC and International). It is highly diversified group with over 30 subsidiaries Growth Path:
Apr’06 – Oct’07 Accountant, Emirates Lube Oil Co. (ELCO – a subsidiary of GGICO), Sharjah, UAE Nov’07 – Oct’ 18 Senior Accountant, GGICO
Key Result Areas:
As Senior Accountant:
• Involved in the process of quarterly & yearly closing, consolidation, Auditing & preparation of financial statements such as Income Statement, Statement of financial position & statement of cash flows in accordance with IFRS and reporting it to Dubai Financial Market
• Accountable for;
o Direct cash Management operations
o Annual budget participation and preparation of monthly cash budget o Forecasts, monitors and track cash flow, Prepare cash flow report, identifies & evaluate variance and reporting
• Maintained books of account of contractors, payment certificate, advance payment & retention
• Prepared & maintained books of account for investment in equities & mutual fund
• Administered all payments to local/international suppliers, loan dues & other office expenses
• Overseeing age wise analysis of payables and decision making on payments
• Reviews and drives improvements in cash management, internal control and ensuring financial obligations are met in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Developed & managed relationships with banks & financial service providers
• Monitored bank services fees and addressed quality issues
• Collaborated with banks, wire transfer, bank guarantee, LC & other correspondences As Accountant:
• Accountable for reconciliation of receivables, ageing & tracking overdue customers
• Collaborated with salesman regarding payment collection and finalized monthly collection reports
• Involved in batch costing, pricing (blending products) & invoicing
• Maintained books of accounts such as debtors, PDC receivables, etc.
• Prepared sales report & commission statement for salesmen on monthly basis
• Assessed credit facility request from customer and submitted them for approval
• Responsible for verification of sales order from sales department & its approval Accomplishments:
• Steered efforts in recommending, implementing & maintaining process improvement of cash management; which resulted reduction of days in account receivables and always ensured avoidance of cash flow insolvency
• Significantly contributed in recovering the financial data which was completely destroyed due to a fire occurred in the premises of ELCO during 2007 through last audit report and by collaborating with customers, suppliers, auditors, banks & other related parties; received promotion to GGICO as senior accountant P R E V I O U S E X P E R I E N C E
Nov 2004 – Oct 2005 Building Technology Establishment, Salalah, Oman as Branch Accountant Aug 2003 – Sep 2004 PBPCP&M Co-operative Society, Kerala, India as Accountant P A R T - T I M E A S S I G N M E N T
May 2001 – Jul 2003 Universal Travels, Kerala, India as Assistant Accountant–cum–Office Assistant A C A D E M I C D E T A I L S
2003 B.Com. From University of Calicut (Calicut, Kerala state, India) C E R T I F I C A T I O N
• Certified Management Accountant (CMA) from Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), USA in 2015 IT S K I L L S
Accounting Software: SAP, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Focus, Tally and Peachtree Basics: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Applications P E R S O N A L D E T A I L S
Language Known: English, Arabic (Intermediate), Hindi and Malayalam Nationality: Indian
Marital Status: Married
No. of Dependents: 4
Passport No.: P 9054932, valid till 19/04/2027
Visa Status: Employment
Driving License: UAE (Sharjah)
Location Preference: Qatar