P.O Box *****
Shoreline, WA *****
Experienced in project management and troubleshooting including excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and creative problem solving. Ability to read blueprints and specifications, technical analysis of project documentation and contracts, scheduling, auditing and regulatory compliance. Knowledge of government regulations and common contract requirements. Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with experience with D.R. Horton proprietary scheduling system. Ability to learn and use new programs and technology as needed.
Self Employed, Milwaukee, WI
October 2017 - July 2019
● In Milwaukee for a limited time due to temporary family relocation.
● Remodeled and repaired two homes in economically distressed areas of Milwaukee, WI in order to resell the updated homes.
● Designed updated look, including redesign of kitchen.
● Sourced materials and created interior design palette for each home.
● Managed subs for larger/complex HVAC and Electrical projects.
● Personally handled simpler electrical projects, framing, drywall, paint, flooring, bathroom remodels, siding and gutter repair and concrete work.
● Solved complex issues in a manner suitable to the area and property value, while ensuring a quality product and finish.
Pacific Ridge Homes (a division of D.R. Horton), Seattle, WA - Superintendent July 2016 - September 2017
● Hired as an Assistant Superintendent; promoted to Superintendent after 6 months.
● Responsible for subdivision of residential construction, consisting of 25-42 homes. Last plat was 25 homes, with a construction period of 9 months.
● Planned and directed construction activities on the building site.
● Modified, managed and updated schedule for each home to meet or beat scheduled completion.
● Worked with 30+ subcontractors to hit their scheduled dates, completed work to standards, established and maintained good working rapport.
● Maintained a safe work site by implementing and maintaining safety program and good housekeeping policy.
● Managed SWPPP (stormwater management) responsibilities, performed testing and ensured documentation was maintained per all applicable regulations and codes.
● Conducted homeowner orientation and any re-walks to ensure homeowner satisfaction.
● Conducted all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase goodwill and profit of the company
● Red-lined blueprints to increase speed and ease of construction and to ensure a better quality product.
Retroseal, Tukwila, WA - Estimator/Safety Officer
October 2013 - August 2015
● Estimator in support of general manager for new commercial construction projects for division 7 subcontractor.
● Responsible for searching online bidding sites for potential projects.
● Reviewed all plan sets to identify potential risks and issues with installation including logistical, scheduling and safety requirements.
● Provided primary technology support for office, reducing external IT support costs by 70%, including cellular security, network administration, office equipment maintenance and repair.
● Established Retroseal’s legal business presence in Portland, Oregon, including testing and certification as RMI (Responsible Managing Individual) for expansion into Oregon market.
● Developed company safety program, weekly toolbox safety meetings, site specific safety plans, confined space assessment and fall protection plans.
● Conducted research for various projects and purchases to support company growth.
● Participated in continuous learning opportunities for new products and procedures. Marshbank Construction, Seattle, WA - Assistant Project Engineer - Intern June 2008 - September 2008
● Project: Coal Creek Parkway, Phase 2 and Phase 3.
● Role: Internship through UW School of Construction Management.
● Acted as assistant Project Engineer for a civil construction project that involved road widening, utility relocation and two bridges in the Newcastle/Renton area; maintained as-built blueprints, managed job tracking system, tracked invoices for subcontractors and represented company at weekly project meetings; used Heavy Job software for force account (change orders) and crew hours auditing; reported to Senior Project Manager and V.P.
● Documented force account (change orders) activities for three projects; developed documentation for owner/prime.
● Designed joint utility trench (power, fiber and cable). Created 20+ scale drawings of joint utility trench for project. Collaborated with representatives of Puget Sound Energy, electrical subcontractor, Comcast, and Qwest to determine requirements for joint trench construction.
● Developed truck tracking system using Excel to tabulate mass excavation, transport and disposal. System was subsequently available for all Marshbank Construction projects. Seattle Natural Gas, Seattle, WA - Primary Salesperson/Lead Generator 2003 - 2005
● Designed, bid and supervised installation of new heating and cooling systems for residentences and light commercial properties. Inspected installed systems to ensure manufacturer’s warranty requirements were met, to verify client’s satisfaction, to educate client(s) on system operation and maintenance, and to generate referrals.
● Generated leads on site at Home Depot, Bitter Lake: Generated more leads than all other participating Home Depots in the state.
Crisis Hotline, Seattle, WA -
1997 - 1998
Weekly 4 hour shift answering calls to Crisis Clinic. Listened, supported and assessed client needs including mental and physical challenges, shelter, depression and suicidal thoughts and inclinations. North Park Disc Golf Course, Seattle, WA - Grounds Committee 2006 - 2017
Organized work parties for grounds maintenance and course improvement projects. Landscaping work including design, planning, execution. Often worked as point person for coordination with City of Seattle Parks Department. SecureFutures, Milwaukee, WI - MoneyCoach Volunteer 2018
Taught financial literacy to high school seniors; mentored a group of 5 seniors through a scholarship and financial literacy program at the Hmong American Peace Academy in Milwaukee, WI.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
2007 - 2009
Completed the Construction Management curriculum except for Capstone Project North Seattle College, Seattle, WA - Associates Degree 2006 - 2007