CV of Dr. MM Ibne Hoque (Contd.)
DR. MOHAMMAD MUHEBBULLAH IBNE HOQUE
PhD in Agriculture (Crop Genetics & Breeding)
Institute of Crop Science (ICS), Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) Beijing, P.R. CHINA
Member – Maize Youth Task Force, #YPARD #CGIAR MAIZE Agricultural Consultant
Maldives Boat Club Pvt Ltd
M. Narugismaage-aage, Alhivila Magu
K. Malé 20292, MALDIVES
Cell phone: +960*******
1. ACADEMIC RECORD
Name of University/
Graduate School of Chinese Academy
of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing,
Crop Genetics and
Bangladesh Agricultural University,
Master of Science
(3.66, scale 4)
Bangladesh Agricultural University,
Notre Dame College,
Islampur Nekzahan Pilot High
School, Jamalpur, Bangladesh
Doctoral Dissertation (10/2010-1/2014)
Evaluation and Mapping QTLs of Maize Salinity Tolerance Defended at the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS), Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Beijing, China
(Advisor: Dr. Wang Guoying)
Master’s Thesis (7/2005-12/2006)
Production of Quality Tomato Seeds as Affected by Time of Planting and Stage of Harvesting, Defended at the Department of Horticulture, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
(Advisor: Prof. Dr. A. M. Farooque)
2. PROFESSIONAL TRAINING ON SEED TECHNOLOGY
Post Graduate Certificate Course on Seed Technology, a four-month long intensive professional training course with financial support from Agricultural Extension Component-ASPS-II, DAE/DANIDA and Seed Wing-Ministry of Agriculture held at Seed Pathology Center, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh from April to July, 2007 (secured grade A+). 3. OTHER RELEVANT TRAINING COURSES
07 August – 31 August, 2019 – International Training Workshop on Hybrid Rice Technology sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), P.R. China and organized by Hunan Rice Research Institute
(HRRI), Changsha, P. R. China.
26 May – 07 June, 2019 – PDS Training organized by East West Seeds India Private Limited at Pune and Aurangabad, Maharasthra, India.
CV of Dr. MM Ibne Hoque (Contd.)
Page 2 of 6
30 November – 22 December, 2018 – Geospatial Technologies and its Applications organized by CIRDAP Centre on Geoinformatics Application in Rural Development, Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
19 November – 23 November, 2018 – 7th International Course on Organic Farming organized by International Agricultural Research and Training Center (IARTC), Izmir, Turkey.
04 September – 24 September, 2017 – International Training Workshop on Modern Breeding and Cultivation Technology of Vegetables sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), P.R. China and organized by Institute of Vegetables and Flowers (IVF), Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
(CAAS), Beijing, P. R. China.
24 July, 2017 – 27 July, 2017 – Training on Rice Breeding for Product Development organized by International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), IRRI Bangladesh Office, Banani, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
08 May, 2017 – 12 May, 2017 – 5th International Course on Seed Gene Bank Management & Plant and Macro Fungus Genetic Resources organized by International Agricultural Research and Training Center
(IARTC), Izmir, Turkey.
15 December, 2016 – Digital Data Capture & Processing organized by The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) at Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
22 August – 05 September, 2016 – International Training on Fruits Production Techniques for Asia sponsored by Department of International Cooperation of MOA, P.R. China and organized by Research Institute of Pomology, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Xingcheng, Liaoning, P. R. China.
25 June – 10 July, 2014 – International Training Workshop on High Quality Fruit Production Techniques in Efficient and Safe Way organized by Research Institute of Pomology of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Xingcheng, Liaoning, P. R. China.
11 November – 25 November, 2012 – International Workshop on Plant Molecular Breeding Technique organized by Institute of Crop Sciences, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Beijing, P. R. China.
20 July – 31 July, 2012 – International Training Course on High Quality Fruit Production Techniques in Protected Field in Economic, Efficient, Safety and Ecological Way organized by Research Institute of Pomology of CAAS, Xingcheng, Liaoning, P. R. China.
16 November – 17 November, 2008 – Seed Quality Control, organized by Seed Testing Laboratory and Training Center, Beej Bhaban, BADC, Gabtali, Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
08 April – 12 April, 2007 – Mushroom Cultivation, organized by National Mushroom Development & Extension Centre, Sobhanbag, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
24 February – 25 February, 2005 – Basic Photography Course organized by Bangladesh Pinhole Photographers Alliance & Bangladesh agricultural University Rover Scout Group at BAU, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
4. REFERRED PUBLICATIONS
I. Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque, Zheng Jun and Wang Guoying (2015) Mapping QTLs Associated with Salinity Tolerance in Maize (Zea mays L.) at Seedling Stage, International Journal of Innovative and Applied Research, 3(10):1-23. http://journalijiar.com/uploads/2015-11-04_041616_329.pdf II. Mohammad M. Ibne Hoque, Zheng Jun and Wang Guoying (2015) Evaluation of Salinity Tolerance in Maize (Zea mays L.) Genotypes at Seedling Stage, Journal of BioScience and Biotechnology, 4(1):39-49. http://www.jbb.uni-plovdiv.bg/documents/27807/1014559/jbb_2015-4(1)-pages_39-49.pdf CV of Dr. MM Ibne Hoque (Contd.)
Page 3 of 6
III. Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque, Zheng Jun and Wang Guoying. 2014. Impact of Salinity Stress on Seed Germination Indices of Maize (Zea mays L.) Genotypes, Kragujevac J. Sci., 36 (2014) 155-166. http://scindeks-clanci.ceon.rs/data/pdf/1450-9636/2014/1450-96361436155M.pdf IV. Hoque, M. M. I., Farooque, A. M. and Hassan, M. K. 2007. Production of Quality Tomato Seeds as Influenced by Date of Planting and Stage of Harvesting, J. Bangladesh Soc. Agric. Sci. Technol., 4(3&4):173- 176. ISSN 1811-6221.
V. S Murshida, MR Uddin, MP Anwar, UK Sarker, MM Islam, MMI Hoque. 2017. Effect of Variety and Water Management on the Growth and Yield of Boro Rice, Progressive Agriculture, 28(1): 26-35. ISSN 1017-8139. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/PA/article/view/32856 VI. Akter, S., Sarker, U.K., Hasan, A.K., Uddin, M.R., Hoque, M.M.I. and Mahapatra, C.K. (2018). Effects of mulching on growth and yield components of selected varieties of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under field condition. Archives of Agriculture and Environmental Science, 3(1): 25-35. http://www.aesacademy.org/journal/volume3/issue1/AAES-03-01-03.pdf VII. S Ferdousi, MR Uddin, M Begum, UK Sarker, MN Hossain, MMI Hoque. 2018. Herbicidal activities of wheat residues in transplant Aman rice, Progressive Agriculture, 28(4): 253-261. ISSN 1017-8139. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/PA/article/view/36364 VIII. Hossain, M.N., Sarker, U.K., Uddin, M.R., Rehana, S., Hoque, M.M.I. and Islam, M.A. (2018). Effects of bio-slurry with chemical fertilizer on the performance of some high yielding varieties of boro rice (Oryza sativa L.). Archives of Agriculture and Environmental Science, 3(2): 109-115, https://dx.doi.org/10.26832/24566632.2018.030202
IX. SJ Mouri, MAR Sarkar, MR Uddin, UK Sarker, MS kaysar, MMI Hoque. Effect of variety and phosphorus on the yield components and yield of groundnut. Progressive Agriculture, [S.l.], v. 29, n. 2, p. 117-126, sep. 2018. ISSN 2310-2950. http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/pa.v29i2.38295 X. Afroz, F., Uddin, M.R., Hasan, A.K., Sarker, U.K., Hoque, M.M.I. and Islam, M.A. (2018). Combined allelopathic effect of buckwheat and marsh pepper residues on weed management and crop performance of transplant aman rice (Version 1). Archives of Agriculture and Environmental Science, 3(3), 289–296. http://doi.org/10.26832/24566632.2018.0303012
I. Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque, Dr. Md. Shafiqul Aktar,& Mahbub Anam. (2009). Hybrid Niye Joto Kotha (All about Hybrid) (in Bengali). Dhaka, Seed Grower, Dealer & Merchants’ Association. II. Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque and others. (2010). Shak-Shabjir Chashabad (Cultivation of Vegetables) (in Bengali). Banglabazar, Dhaka 1100, Anupom Prakashani. 5. ORAL PRESENTATION IN SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES
Hossain, M.N., Sarker, U.K., Uddin, M.R., Rehana, S., Hoque, M.M.I. and Islam, M.A. (2018). Effects of bio-slurry with chemical fertilizer on the performance of some high yielding varieties of boro rice (Oryza sativa L.), International Conference on Food, Agriculture and Biotechnology (ICoFAB) 2018 held in Siam Tara Palace Hotel, Mahasarakham organized by Mahasarakham University, Thailand during August 30- 31, 2018.
Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque (2017) Agriculture and Vegetable Production System in Bangladesh, International Training Workshop on Modern Breeding and Cultivation Technology of Vegetables sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), P.R. China and organized by Institute of Vegetables and Flowers (IVF), Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Beijing, P. R. China during September 4-24, 2017.
Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque (2017) Role of Private Sector on Mungbean, Annual Meeting of the ACIAR funded International Mungbean Improvement Network Project organized by World Vegetable Center (AVRDC) held at Dhaka, Bangladesh during May 30-31, 2017.
Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque (2017) Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture of CV of Dr. MM Ibne Hoque (Contd.)
Page 4 of 6
Bangladesh, 5th International Course on Seed Gene Bank Management & Plant and Macro Fungus Genetic Resources organized by International Agricultural Research and Training Center (IARTC), Izmir, Turkey during May, 8-12, 2017.
Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque (2016, 2014, 2012) Horticulture of Bangladesh, International Training Workshop on High Quality Fruit Production Techniques in Efficient and Safe Way organized by Research Institute of Pomology of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Xingcheng, Liaoning, P.R. China during August 22-September 5, 2016; June 25-July 10, 2014 and November 11-25, 2012.
6. WORK EXPERIENCES
Employer: Maldives Boat Club Pvt Ltd, M. Narugismaage-aage, Alhivila Magu, Malé, Maldives Position: Agriculturist
Period: 08 September 2019 to Present
1. Provide consultancy in areas of improvement / best practices for establishing a successful agri operation 2. Establish and manage plantings of the organic farm 3. Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown 4. Making of Compost from waste in the Island
5. Plan and prepare farm land area for planting crops 6. Pest control
7. Use of Hydroponic farming methods
8. Guiding and overseeing the full process – from nursery to harvest of crops 9. Reporting of growth performance and yield of crops 10. Training of junior farmers in different areas of farming 11. Other duties as assigned
Employer: ACI Seed, ACI Limited, 245 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka 1208, Bangladesh Position: Manager (Product Development Service)
Period: 04 May 2015 to 04 August 2019
1. Lead the team to demonstrate newly introduced R&D breed or foreign crop varieties to its end users at different geographical areas of the country;
2. To characterize R & D breed and foreign crop varieties with existing market leading crop varieties; 3. To conduct suitable performance trail of newly introduced crop varieties for demonstrating its features to the distributors, retailers and end users;
4. Monitor frequent field visit of the team at different areas to popularize products throughout the country;
5. To maintain a strong relationship with field force Personnel for identifying suitable farmers in suitable areas for conducting performance trial;
6. Prepare and monitor the implementation of the promotional plan in a regular basis; 7. Review monthly report regarding the performance of crop varieties; 8. To identified suitable crop production technology for its end users; 9. To arrange farmers meeting for showing our products features. Employer: BRAC, 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh Position: Senior Sector Specialist at BRAC Agricultural Research & Development Centre, Gazipur 1701 Period: 01 February 2015 to 30 April 2015
1. Producing research aims and objectives, and predicting the costing of the work; 2. Researching methods and techniques for improving plant breeding; 3. Identifying and selecting plants exhibiting desirable traits based on natural genetic variation; 4. Crossing plants to produce new breeding material for field and glasshouse trials; 5. Analyzing and scientifically assessing plant breeding in laboratory and field trials and selecting the best varieties;
6. Conducting scientific projects, which may be laboratory-based, especially in the winter months; 7. Apply biotechnology and molecular breeding strategies to improve the overall function of various plants and crop systems.
8. Multiplying up and producing virus-free plants; 9. Maintaining detailed records throughout the research and development cycle; CV of Dr. MM Ibne Hoque (Contd.)
Page 5 of 6
10. Managing, supporting and training technical and field staff; 11. Keeping up to date in the fast-moving area of science and translating ideas from scientific literature into new approaches to breeding problems;
12. Monitoring the activities of competitors (in commercial settings) and developing a product market profile;
13. Responding to enquiries from farmers, agronomists and other professionals; 14. Writing and presenting work to other scientists and publishing scientific findings; 15. Liaising with and visiting other scientists, commercial breeders and funding bodies. Employer: Lal Teer Seed Limited (formerly East West Seed Bangladesh Ltd.), Anchor Tower, 108 Bir Uttam C.R. Dutta Road, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh
Position: Molecular Plant Breeder at R&D, Bashon, Gazipur, Bangladesh Period: 27 April 2008 to 31 January 2015
1. Application of molecular breeding techniques for varietal improvement; 2. Sample preparation, genotyping and data analysis; 3. Genotyping and Hybridity test using molecular techniques; 4. Molecular identification and characterization of different crops; 5. Evaluation of abiotic stress tolerance in different crops’ germplasm; 6. Execution of abiotic stress (i.e. salinity, drought etc.) breeding program; 7. Breeding program for developing hybrids;
8. Troubleshooting laboratory instruments;
9. Research report analysis and writing;
10. Communicate with management for project updates; 11. Attending national and international training, seminar and workshops. 7. COMPUTING EXPERTISE
I do have good knowledge in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power point, SPSS, PLABSTAT, MapMaker, WinQTLcartographer program software analysis. 8. FELLOWSHIPS AWARDED
Chinese Government Scholarship Program 2010 offered by the Chinese Scholarship Council (Beijing, China) to pursue PhD in Crop Genetics & Breeding at the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS), Beijing, China.
INSA JRD-TATA Fellowship 2013 offered by the Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS)
(Formerly CCSTDS), India to pursue a training on Biotechnology at Calcutta University, Kolkata, India. (Not enjoyed).
DBT-TWAS 2013 Postgraduate Full time Fellowship awarded by Department of Biotechnology (India) and The World Academy of Sciences (Italy) to pursue PhD in Biotechnology at the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi, India. (Not enjoyed). 9. LANGUAGES
Mother tongue: Bengali
Comfortable with daily communications in Chinese 10. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION S
Member, Agriculturists Institution (Krishibid Institution Bangladesh) (01-03-16138)
Life Member, Plant Breeding and Genetics Society of Bangladesh (PBGSB)
Member, Association of Applied Plant Tissue Culture in Bangladesh (AAPTCB)
Life Member, Bangladesh Society for Horticultural Science (BSHS)
Life Member, Notre Dame Alumni Association (NDAA)
Member, International Students Association, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agril Sciences, Beijing, China
Member, Chinese Scholarship Council Alumni, Beijing, China
Life Member, Badhon (Voluntary blood donating organization), Bangladesh CV of Dr. MM Ibne Hoque (Contd.)
Page 6 of 6
11. EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Photography: achieved SUNLON Photography Award 2013 participated in the ‘Beautiful Beijing in the Eyes of Foreign Friends Photo Contest 2013’ organized by Beijing People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, Beijing, China.
Writing: awarded by The China Daily, a national daily newspaper of China for publishing a poem named
‘The Chinese’ expressing feelings to the China, Chinese culture and the Chinese people.
12. PERSONAL DETAILS
Name in Full : Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque
Father’s Name : A. K. M. Fazlul Hoque
Mother’s Name : Mrs. Sofia Hoque
Spouse : Mrs. Sarmin Mostary, Deputy Director, DFIM, Bangladesh Bank, Dhaka Date of Birth : July 31, 1981
Sex : Male
Nationality : Bangladeshi
Present Address : Maldives Boat Club Pvt Ltd, Malé, MALDIVES Permanent Address : Vill.- Aulaisrikrishnapur, P.O.- Shahbazpur, P.S.- Jamalpur Sadar, Dist.- Jamalpur Personal No. : 373*******
Passport No. : EA0452838
Religion : Islam
Blood Group : O+
Dr. Wang Guoying
Institute of Crop Science
Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS)
12 Zhongguancun South Street, Haidian District
Beijing 100081, P.R. CHINA
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. S. M. Mizanur Rahman
Department of Entomology
Faculty of Agriculture
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka 1207, BANGLADESH
Dr. Md. Sorof Uddin
Senior Scientific Officer (Horticulture)
Regional Agricultural Research Station
Bangladesh Agricultural Research Station (BARI)
Joydebpur, Gazipur 1701, BANGLADESH
I solemnly announce that the above statements are true to the best of my knowledge and belief; this bio-data correctly describes about my qualification, my experience and me. 15. SIGNATURE
(Mohammad Muhebbullah Ibne Hoque, PhD)