Chenhui (Azure) Liu
Evanston, IL email@example.com 224-***-****
Industry Experience: 2-year industry experience as an analyst, 3+ years in data analytics and 1-year graduate research experience Programming & Tools: 3-year Excel, Python, R, SQL experience Proficient in Tableau, Hive, MongoDB, SPSS EDUCATION
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL December 2019 MS in Integrated Marketing Communications Specialization in Data Analytics GPA: 3.78/4.00
• Relevant Courses: Market Research, Marketing Mix Modeling, Digital Analytics, Retail Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China June 2018
BA in English Interpretation Double Major in Finance GPA: 3.91/4.00
• Graduated in the top 5% of the class and was granted academic scholarship for 3 consecutive years (1%) EXPERIENCE
Ehomie, Chicago, IL October 2019 – December 2019
Marketing Analyst Intern
• Designed interactive dashboards via Excel to measure sales KPIs, online behaviors, campaign performance and testing results for 6 offices, reporting to senior managers on a weekly basis.
• A/B tested the landing page of 2 company mobile applications on advertising and monetization effects via Pivot tables, implementing the winning versions with 4 newly-added functions that improved conversion rate by 15%.
• Produced 10 marketing articles on WeChat based on keyword analysis and competitor studies, increasing followers by 66% in 2 months. Brand New Media, Chicago, IL June 2019 – August 2019 Data Analytic Consultant (Clients: Morgan Stanley, MassMutual, Invesco)
• Built a benchmarking model with 40 metrics to measure digital performance for 150 financial service firms, enabling clients to study their digital competitiveness for the first time; analysis will be presented on Digital Marketing of Financial Services 2020 Summit.
• Scrapped 60K social media comments and conducted topic modeling and logistic regression in Python to understand key drivers for customer digital satisfaction, informing the creation of customer-oriented experiences.
• Generated customized reports on digital deficiencies and possible solutions for 10 clients in Tableau reporting environment. Burberry, Shanghai, China February 2018 – June 2018 Digital Marketing Analyst Intern
• Analyzed 40+ advertising projects performance including creatives, paid socials paid search through data extraction in SQL/Hive and visualization in Tableau to monitor the revenues of in-house Advertising and paid socials.
• Proposed a go-to-market strategy for Mini-Program based on the results of advertising analysis, increasing monthly sales by 15%.
• Created 2018 Burberry Market Position and Competitor Analysis through 100+ consumer surveys, social media listening and 10+ industry best practice researches, and reported to Burberry London to assist the company’s rebranding in China.
• Met with media buyers and agencies to design and implement 3 mobile campaigns that increased brand exposure by 45%. Nielsen, Shanghai, China July 2017 – December 2017 Data Scientist Intern (Clients: Coca Cola, Mobil Oil)
• Built ETL pipelines via SQL and R to clean and load 20+GB scanned data from disparate data sources (flat file, Excel, Nielsen database) into relational database, reducing unusable and disorganized data 35%.
• Cross validated scanned data accuracy through GIS mapping and maintained geospatial data in an SDE environment.
• Conducted R based stratified sampling and presented weekly sample reports to senior manager for 10+ weeks. PROJECTS
NU Retail Research Center, Evanston, IL September 2019 – December 2019 Researcher: Hy-Vee Sales Prediction
• Designed database schema and data loading program that integrate 20+ tables via complex joins, groupings and nested subqueries in SQL.
• Identified seasonal patterns in products, sales and costs via Pandas to generate managerial recommendations and optimization opportunities.
• Created a user interface with machine learning models (Random Forests and XGBoost) in Python to predict sales and automatically translate prediction into labor allocation strategy.
• Led a group of 6 to present the results to senior managers from Hy-Vee in non-tech language and Matplotlib visualizations. L’Oréal Charity Sales, Hangzhou, China January 2017 – June 2017 Led a team of 8 to beat 300+ teams across China to host a charity sales, won the national champion with the highest sales of $70,000 in 40h.
• Conducted and analyzed 2000+ customer surveys and 5+ focus group interviews to investigate customer decision journey, identifying international students and male students as 2 niche markets that contributed to 45% of the revenue increase.
• Launched the company’s first campus E-Commerce platform through A/B testing content layout & product taxonomy as well as designing product, promotion & pricing strategy based on sales analysis; click rate reached 20,000 in 5 days and sales reached $21,000 in 12 hours.
• Managed 6 multi-channel campaigns using influencer strategy, gamification and user-generated content marketing with $400 budget, leading to a 15% increase in engagement and a record-breaking 500,000-clicked video ad.