JASON SEMMENS (www.linkedin.com/in/jasonsemmens)
Leadership ~ Team Building ~ Employee Training and Development Adaptive Teaching ~ Visionary Focus ~ Resource Allocation Staff Management ~ Negotiating ~ Service Excellence Thrives in a Fast-Paced Environment
Results-driven strategic planner and detail-oriented leader with twenty years of proven success in leading both small and large groups of diverse individuals. Superb capability to manage high-visibility projects and direct subordinate elements to excel while operating under severe time constraints. Astute ability to make sound decisions under intense pressure.
Extensive experience in curriculum development, spanning a variety of venues to include executive leadership training, conflict management, employee development, and performance enhancement programs. Best known for the ability to analyze current programs and organization dynamics, formulate and implement comprehensive training, resulting in increased organizational productivity and decreased employee turnover.
Superior verbal and written communications skills, with the exceptional talent to remain calm under pressure and to form collaborative teams among diverse entities. Extraordinary capability to open lines of communication. Highly effective team builder and project coordinator who establishes management credibility throughout the organization and with all stakeholders. Impeccable customer service focus.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 2018 - Present
OpenTable, Denver, CO
• Educate customers on how to use our products, including the options and benefits
• Support new employees and peers with learning and developing their knowledge/skills
• Answer customer and employee calls, emails, community posts (and any future form of contact we may come up) with using your brain, not a script.
• Provide outstanding service
• Know your limitations and when you should escalate
• Own the resolution to the problem; don’t leave the customer hanging
• Accurately and efficiently log all contacts in our CRM (Salesforce) JASON SEMMENS Page 2
LEADERSHIP TRAINER/CURRICULUM DEVELOPER 2014 - 2018 Union Pacific, Denver, CO
• Personally trained and certified new employees to become new trainers.
• Utilized a variety of innovative techniques, tools and concepts to help a diverse group of employees achieve their professional development goals and objectives.
• Single-handedly successfully redesigned a 4-week Leadership Course, resulting in a 10% increase in average Leadership Course test scores, from 80% to 90%.
• Championed a variety of diverse employee development efforts that effectively maximized employee potential and developed future business management leaders within the organization.
• Designed comprehensive training programs to train employees on a variety of processes, standards and changes related to all stations and duties, resulting in increased employee satisfaction and less apprehension to change.
• Facilitated Alpha and Beta reviews of courses to determine appropriate benchmarks and outlined areas of improvement.
GENERAL MANAGER 2013 - 2014
Firehouse Subs, Denver, CO
• Provided extensive staff training and development opportunities to facilitate a positive customer dining experience and drive increases in customer loyalty.
• Empowered employees to ensure they consistently met and/or exceeded the organizations standards related to customer service, quality and cleanliness.
• Created a culture that valued productivity, performance and teamwork.
• Ensured operational compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Drove high levels of operational efficiency by maintaining staffing levels that met customer demand.
• Helped drive positive increases in the work environment that valued employee collaboration and engagement, resulting in the lowest turnover within the region at less than 20%.
• Communicated business objectives in a manner relative to their specific jobs/tasks to develop “big picture” understanding of the concepts.
• Improved processes and training while serving as a liaison between employees and ownership.
JASON SEMMENS Page 3
SECONDARY LEVEL MATHEMATICS TEACHER 2002 - 2012
California, Montana and Colorado School Districts, Various Locations
• Utilized an adaptive teaching method to maximize the learning potential of a diverse group of students.
• Created engaging, effective curriculum in alignment with both state and national standards.
• Taught Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and Geometry courses to students, using a teaching style that connected student learning with real world applications to enhance effectiveness.
• Developed and maintained strong relationships with all stakeholders including students, their parents, other teachers and school administrators.
• Developed a co-curricular program that facilitated additional learning through student peer-to-peer tutoring services/opportunities.
• Successfully sponsored a gaming club, organizing an annual game convention fundraiser that collected over $2,000 to support the club and its charitable contributions. EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Business Administration – University of Phoenix, Lone Tree, CO Bachelor of Science, Secondary Education – University of Montana, Western, Dillon, MT Emphasis: Secondary Mathematics & K-12 Music
Colorado Teaching Certificate (2007 – 2017)