Pineville, NC ***34
Email: email@example.com Phone: 716-***-****
Strong Financial background with experience in Financial Accounting and Operations. Proven track record of increasing company figures by preparing a variety of reports, including monthly and quarterly accruals, ensuring timely invoices to customers and vendors, processing payments, and maintaining general ledgers. Responsible for completing daily and monthly cash reconciliations and reconciling balance sheet accounts. Also retained ownership over multiple projects including Sub Transfer Agents and Annuity networking accounts. Advanced in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Detail oriented and Able to work independently. Systems used include: Winteam, SAP, SAAM, Oracle, Changepoint, Valiant, Excel, Access. EDUCATION
• AIU University, Illinois, Masters Degree (MBA), Business Management/Finance 2003
• Fredonia State University, Fredonia, NY, Bachelor's Degree, Business Finance Major 2002 WORK EXPERIENCE
Atrium Health (Formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) September 2016 - Present
• Assists in the development and maintenance of the treasury system
• Reconciles daily bank transactions to A/R system posting
• Maintains database that records banking transactions to the general ledger
• Responsible for daily cash positioning which involves use of an online banking system to pull available cash balances, controlled disbursement funding requirements, and determination of excess cash on hand or cash needed for the day
• Responsible for initiation of all wire transfer/ACH payments needed
• Initiates stop payments, performs inquiries of check paid status, reviews positive pay exceptions, and completes other treasury functions as needed
• Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries for the month-end close process
• Performs analytical reviews, research, and other related duties independently
• Performs account analyses and reconciles various general ledger accounts
• Responsible for identifying process improvements and coordinating implementation of changes
Microsoft Corporation, Charlotte, NC August 2014 – June 2016 Operations Specialist AOC EPG Management
• Provide business management support to various teams by conducting activity reviews with Engagement Managers to make sure all accounts are set up and managed accordingly.
• Submitting Engagements for approval and setup.
• Create and provide weekly data reports including EM Management report, Revenue Contract Backlog report,
• various SIR reports.
• Researching missing/incorrect billing information.
• Submit request or manually updating CP accounts as required.
• Reviewing and overseeing engagements that need end date updates or are ready for closure.
• Create detailed reports to record and review account revenue. Universal Protection Service, LLC, Charlotte NC December 2012 – July 2014 Accounts/Billing Specialist
• Responsible for billing, specialized invoicing, and maintaining all Northeast and major Southeast region accounts.
• Create new client accounts in software system from client contracts and account paperwork.
• Update client accounts with contract changes as required by client.
• Review all records associated with invoices to ensure accuracy.
• Produce invoices according to customer and company specifications.
• Ensure billing deadlines are met.
• Update customer web-sites including Ariba Suppier with required billing information.
• Reconcile customer accounts and research items.
• Works with auditors to produce supporting documentation for invoicing processes. Microsoft Corporation, Charlotte, NC November 2007 – July 2012 CS Accountant
• Ensure that all contracts/billing and audit policies are enforced and communicated effectively.
• Responsibilities include conducting weekly activity reviews with Engagement Managers to make sure all contracts are billed accordingly,
• Keeping up to date time and expense entries,
• Invoicing and researching missing billing information,
• Reviewing data and analysis for recurring compliance audits as well as overseeing engagements that are ready for final billing and closure.
• Data is reviewed using internal tools such as Changepoint, Siebel, SIR, and SAAM.
• Provide business management support to engagement and practice managers in all areas.
• I also partner with Credit and Collections to maintain a clean Accounts Receivable.
• Provide revenue accrual information for all engagements. Linsco Private Ledger/LPL Financial, San Diego, CA March 2007 – November 2007 Accounts Receivable; Billing Analyst
• Responsibilities include preparing sponsor invoices, annuity networking reports, and various wealth portfolio programs for annuity and mutual fund companies.
• Preparing debit and credit memos along with monthly and quarterly accrual estimates,
• Creating detailed reports to record company revenue on a quarterly basis,
• Recording cash receipts, journal entries, and account reconciliations as well as tracking accounts receivables within the Oracle financial system. Linsco Private Ledger/LPL Financial, San Diego, CA April 2004 - March 2007 Financial Service Representative
• Composed of commission accounting and processing, corporate accounting, treasury and finance, and financial compliance.
• Responsibilities include back office support, coordination of payroll and ACH transactions for advisers,
• Time-sensitive account issues and material,
• Letters of credit for financial advisors,
• Detailed problem solving,
• Incident and market research,
• Working directly with fund companies and transfer agents on various research and commission related issues.
TD Waterhouse, San Diego, CA January 2004 - April 2004 Client Service Representative (Temporary Assignment)
• Provide investors with a broad range of brokerage, mutual fund, banking and consumer financial products and services on an integrated basis.
• Assist in the financial planning and decisions of purchasing stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
• Provide customer service to walk-in clients by researching and processing data as well as resolving basic account questions.
• Work directly with supervisor and top brokers to generate leads and coordinate customer events.
First American Lending, Charleston, SC January 2003 – January 2004 Manager
• Manager of professional lending corporation.
• Duties include supervising two field employees, audit reports & fieldwork,
• Documenting work reports & special reviews,
• Audits in support of external auditors,
• Accounts receivables,
• Field collections,
• Financial transactions,
• Corporate marketing,
• Loan processing,
• Inactive calling/recruiting,
• Fund verification,
• Customer scoring and qualifying, as well as daily/monthly/year end reports. Department of Taxation and Finance, Buffalo, NY May 2001 – August 2001 Corporation Tax Auditor (Internship)
• Tax Auditor of large corporations.
• Duties include tax preparation, generating bills and reports for unpaid audits,
• Creating spreadsheets as well as handling multi-task projects. References Available Upon Request.