Position: Project Manager
Tata Insights and Quants (Tata IQ) is a startup venture by the Tata Group. I worked in the Product Team at Tata IQ as the Project Manager for the Loyalty Program Platform Development of Tata Group. As the Project Manager, my roles and responsibilities revolved around the following:
• Project planning and Resource planning for the upcoming releases along with the Program Manager and the Marketing Team.
• Product Ideation and Defining the Scope for various project modules thereby becoming the SME for the product.
• Act as the single point of contact for Vendor Management and continuous monitoring of the Product Development.
• Project Documentation- Creation of Product Requirement Document (PRD), Business Requirement Document (BRD) and review of Functional Specification Document (FSD) shared by the Development team. I was also involved in mentoring the internal team in creation of Testing Documentation.
• Team Management – Managing the in-house team, planning and managing the User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Project coordination and Reporting – Ensuring that all the stakeholders of the project are well- informed of the status of the project, monitoring of adherence to the master plans and schedules, problem identification and issue resolution
• Act as the Scrum Master for the project by successfully implementing the Agile Methodologies in Project Management
• Creating presentations and project plans for reporting to the higher management.
• Methodologies used in projects: Agile Scrum, Agile Kanban. Tools: JIRA, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project, MS-Office (mainly Word, Excel, Power Point) Apart from the key responsibilities, below are the various initiatives I have taken up in the organization towards the betterment of the organization:
• Educating the team on Agile Project Development methodologies by conducting sessions & acting as a mentor for the team in Agile Adoption
• Key driver of the Process Enhancements in the Organization with tools like JIRA, SharePoint etc.
• Core member of the Learning and Development work stream in the organization responsible for the successful execution and implementation of the L&D calendar events.
• Core member of the Project Management Office (PMO) work stream in the company, helping the organization in timesheet management.
• Tool Exploration and working on POCs to understand the best tools for the organization. SHILPA S MENON
PROJECT MANAGER/ BUSINESS ANALYST (IT - SOFTWARE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT)
• MBA in Marketing and
• B.Tech in Electronics &
• Project Management
• Project Coordination
• Team Management
• Business Analysis and
• Agile Development –
• Vendor Management
• Resource Management
• JIRA Expert
• Strong Interpersonal
• Strong written and oral
• Proficiency in using MS
• Basic knowledge of R
• Object Oriented
• Functional Testing
• User Acceptance
• DoB: 6-April-1989
• Languages known:
• Current Location: Doha,
• Preferred Location:
• Marital Status: Married
WORK EXPERIENCE TOTAL: 5 YEARS & 5 MONTH
Tata Insight & Quants (Division of Tata Industries Ltd) 17 months (Jul’16 – Nov’17) Reznext Global Solutions Private Limited 6 months (Dec’15 – Jun’16) Position: Project Manager
Reznext focuses on bridging the gap between hotels and online travel agents in the hospitality industry through their product RED. Using RED, the properties could manage the Rates and Inventory to be displayed in the online travel agents’ websites. As Project Manager, my roles and responsibilities in Reznext comprised of a wide variety of challenging tasks. They included:
• Project planning of upcoming projects along with the Development Managers
• Handling and tracking existing projects and taking them to a closure adhering to the deadlines
• Coordinating issues in the Live environment with the Clients
• Understanding current business processes in the organization and propose future business process backed by solid documentation
• Risk identification and escalate necessary information to project members and other stakeholders
• Coordinating client calls and help the team to understand the requirements put forth by the client
• Doing system checks and analyzing the system performance
• Proactive analysis of the system for issues and tracking their progress
• Conduct interactive sessions with the various development teams involved in the project to ensure that the client requirements are fully understood by the development teams so as to avoid re-work.
• Coordinate with the QA team and ensure that we have built the right product and we have built the product right
• Assisting clients to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Methodologies used in projects: Agile. Tools: SQL, MS-Office (mainly Word, Excel, Power Point), JIRA for tracking, Confluence for document management
• Clients include: OTAs like MakeMyTrip, GoIbibo, Expedia, Booking.com, ClearTrip, Travelguru. GDS like Travelport. Odessa Technologies Private Limited 21 months (Mar’14 – Dec’15) Position: Business Analyst
Odessa Technologies provides an end to end solution - Leasewave - for their clients in the leasing industry. I worked as Functional Analyst for the Client Services/ Support team which takes care of the maintenance and support of various live projects. Role demanded:
• Working in multiple projects in a highly dynamic environment and constant interaction with the onsite and offshore to resolve issues at the earliest.
• Understanding and gathering new requirements from the customers, creation and update of functional specification documents
• Conducting presentations to help the team comprehend the functionality required in the system & communicating process changes, enhancements and modifications to the team
• Designing of the System through UI Mockups & Creating Graphical Representations of complex Business Processes
• Research on implementing new enhancements
• Root Cause Analysis and Defect Tracking
• Documentation of Business and Functional requirements based on the analysis performed
• Knowledge transfer sessions for the new members in the team.
• Interaction with other teams in the company like Pre-Sales where we act as the functional consultants for providing necessary inputs for preparation of demo.
• I have also taken initiative to conduct sessions and workshops on various non-technical topics related to the project.
• Methodologies used in projects: SDLC, Waterfall, Agile. Tools: SQL, MS-Office (mainly Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Visio
• Clients include: Merchants Automotive Group, Altec Capital Infosys Limited 21 months (Sep’10-Jun’12)
Position: Systems Engineer
• I was involved in understanding the client requirements and customizing Content Management Tools according to their specifications
• Involved in Software Development, Testing, Documentation and Bug Fixing, Conducted knowledge transfer sessions to peers
• Involved in peer review giving suggestions and recommendations for further improvement
• Acted as a mentor to new team members by introducing them to the project.
• Methodologies used in projects: SDLC, Waterfall
• Clients include: Apple, FileNet
Innomantra Consulting Private Limited 2 months (Apr’13-May’13) Position: Innovation Consulting Intern
• I was exposed to the concept of Open Innovation and Collaborative Innovation around which my whole internship revolved.
• Worked on exploring various collaborative innovation platforms available and the companies who have already employed and are gaining high ROIs from the same.
• Conducted Competitor Analysis for the product through Marketing Research.
• Created Marketing Suite for Innomantra consisting of User Stories, Questionnaires, Marketing Mailers and Presentation on the product.
• Added contents to the Innomantra.com website through Web Content Management tools EDUCATION
ACHIEVEMENTS & EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
TOTAL: 5 YEARS & 1 MONTH
SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore 2012-2014 PGDM - Marketing (Major) and Systems (Minor) Overall Percentage: 86.25% LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Trivandrum 2006-2010 Bachelor of Technology (Electronics and Communication Engineering) Overall Percentage: 74.4% Kendriya Vidyalaya Pangode, Trivandrum 2006
CBSE (Mathematics and Science) Overall Percentage: 81% Kendriya Vidyalaya Pangode, Trivandrum 2004
CBSE (Xth Grade) Overall Percentage: 79.4%
• Successful in Process Enhancements initiatives in the company with 100% JIRA Adoption and 100% SharePoint Adoption in the company
• Won Execution Excellence Award for the Learning and Development Workstream at Tata IQ for showing remarkable commitment in relentlessly executing the L&D training curriculum for the Financial Year 16-17.
• Won first prize in ‘Shutterbug’, Tata IQ’s photography competition held in Nov’16.
• Successfully completed the online course ‘Explore Statistics with R’ conducted by Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm in August 2015
• 3rd Rank in SDMIMD during successful completion of the PGDM course in the 2012-14 batch
• Summer Internship Project Report selected for Publication in the annual Summer Internship Reports Publication of SDM IMD in the year 2013
• Presented a paper on Innovation in Manufacturing for Paper Presentation Competition Organized by Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) in August, 2013
• Received ‘Platinum Pride’ Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding support and significant contribution to the 2013 Faraday Lab’s Research & Value Creation Initiative and Scholar Summer Internship Programme during April-May 2013
• Successfully completed The University of Pennsylvania’s online offering of Design Course that emphasizes on basic design process in July, 2013
• Won 2nd prize in Paper writing Competition conducted by Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneshwar (XIMB) in the year 2012