Software engineer with an interest in AI, systems, security, and augmented reality.
732-***-**** email@example.com PoornimaSuresh Education
M.S. Computer Engineering Sep. 2017 – May 2018
RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY New Brunswick, New Jersey Amazon Web Services: Cloud
Architect – Cybersecurity Engineer
Cloud Computing, Mobile Apps,
Robot Learning, Malware Analysis
and Reverse Engineering, Parallel
and Distributed Computing
• Concentration: Software Engineering GPA: 3.956
B.S Electrical and Computer Engineering Sep. 2014 – May 2017 RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY New Brunswick, New Jersey
• Scholarship: Reilly Women in Engineering GPA: 3.44
• Honors: Dean’s List, Engineering Honors Academy, Magna Cum Laude Skills
Frameworks & Tools AWS, Docker, TensorFlow, OpenCV, AndroidStudio, XCode, VirtualBox, Unity3D, OpenAI Gym, Hadoop, Spark, IdaPro
Operating Systems Ubuntu, OSX, CentOS, RHEL, SUSE, Windows (XP-10), IBM AIX Languages English and Malayalam (bilingual), French (intermediate), Japanese (Basic) Work Experience
• DevOps / Configuration Management: build management & app deployment (QuickBuild 7, Jenkins, WebLogic 12c, JBoss/Wildfly 9), Subversion administration, batch processing with Control M.
• Closed highest number of tickets in team for over four consecutive months.
• Received award for automating time-consuming manual file transfers/installations using bash/expect scripts & QuickBuild
• Worked in a team to transport, track, and process confidential test material and scores.
• Ensured consistency across databases and tracking software. Projects & Research
• Applied transfer learning on Inception V3 model, trained to classify skin cancer with TensorFlow.
• Designed Android application that classifies live video stream and displays probability distribution (iOS in progress).
• Wrote web scraping script in Python for data collection.
• Developed algorithm in Python to compare and detect features in STL files used for 3D printing.
• Allows for detection of malicious voids or features that infringe on intellectual property. Tested on 16,000 files, with 90- 100% accuracy in various categories.
• Lane detection and car-centering using OpenCV + Python on Raspberry Pi.
• Designed algorithm with team to maximize traffic throughput for autonomous vehicles, decreased travel time by 11%. White Hat Botnet: Penetration Testing Tool Spring 2017 MALWARE ANALYSIS AND REVERSE ENGINEERING, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY New Brunswick, NJ
• Wrote bash script to port scan IP addresses within a subnet to assess vulnerabilities. Used MAC address- to-OUI table to help identify which devices in network had specific open ports.
• Tested on VirtualBox and SSH’d into vulnerable machines via brute force password cracking. Displayed results to user. Paper-Based Plasma Sanitizers Fall 2015 – Spring 2016 UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY New Brunswick, NJ
• Co-author of paper published in PNAS, which featured a demonstration of a self-sanitizing capacitive touch-pad (paper- based plasma generator capable of sanitizing electronics, porous objects, and human-contact surfaces). Deactivated 99.9% of E. coli cells with 30 s of treatment.
Software Engineer at Tata Consultancy Services Aug. 2018 - Present CLIENT: FORTUNE TOP 10 PHARMACEUTICAL/RETAIL COMPANY Lincoln, RI Reading Management System (RMS) Internship Summer 2016 EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE, PRINCETON NJ Kansas City, MO DermaDetect: Mobile Application for Skin Cancer Detection Sep. 2017 - Present SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PROJECT, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY New Brunswick, NJ 3D Feature Detection for Triangular Meshes Fall 2017 4N6 SECURITY RESEARCH, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY New Brunswick, NJ Autonomous Vehicular Traffic Management Spring 2017 SENIOR DESIGN PROJECT, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY New Brunswick, NJ