Clarkston, Ga 30021
I pair creativity & logic with a user centered design mindset in order to solve problems efficiently and effectively for end users. My background in art/design and passion for strategic user research allow me to construct strategic research initiatives and output actionable insights for creating new and optimizing existing user experiences.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a constant focus on empathy, design thinking, project strategy, research methodology, wireframes, UX research, behavioral motivations, competitive analysis, empathy/mind mapping, A/B testing, contextual research, observational ethnographic research, digital content graphics, interactive media.
ADP, 2575 Westside Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
— Freelance - Senior UX researcher
August 2019 - December 2019
• Implemented standards for UX best practice in conducting and sythesizing qualitative research.
• Constructed research plans for existing and next gen product development.
• Moderated one on one interviews and synthesized research findings into actionable insights.
• Reported major and detailed findings to executive stakeholders.
• Planned and facilitated design sprints.
Launch, 84 Peachtree St NW, suite Atlanta, GA 30303
— Freelance — Senior UX designer/researcher
January - May 2019
• Evaluated and audited current state of user experience.
• Developed research plans for user testing.
• Created discussion guides and prototypes for user testing.
• Conducted one on one user interviews.
• Created annotated wireframes for communicating new user experiences to internal and external stakeholders as well as development teams.
Primerica, 1 Primerica Way, Duluth, GA 30099
— Customer Experience RSD (Researcher, Strategist, Designer)
January 2018 - January 2019
• Conducted usability tests, heuristic evaluations, comparative reviews and user research for the business technology department on products used by clients and reps in the fields of insurance and financial investment.
• Educated team in converting customer insights into actionable resources.
• Created journey, experience, ecosystem and service maps as communication tools for use in design sprints, ideation sessions, and presentations.
• Performed stakeholder interviews and strategic research plans for product owners.
• Aided the digital transformation process by utilizing human centered design practices.
• Presented research findings and user stories to senior executives and department heads, including legal, development, communications, and marketing.
User Insight, 50 Glenlake Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30328
— User Experience RSD (Researcher, Strategist, Designer)
April 2015 - December 2018
• Conducted usability testing and user research weekly for a variety of Fortune 500 clients with focused expertise in finance, travel, and mobile.
• Synthesized findings in real time and established actionable strategy to influence design.
• Informed digital strategy for clients by evaluating the current state of client's site/application relative to others via competitive/comparative analyses and expert audits.
• Regularly presented to key stakeholders in product management, design and executive level and have performed stakeholder interviews and/or participated in discovery sessions to inform and guide project strategy and recommendations.
• Created graphics for client branding and developed style guidelines based on User feedback and client’s vision.
• Branded and created current style guidelines for User Insight Behavior DNA, archetypes based on years of primary persona research conducted by User Insight. Lead the creation and launch of Ui’s BDNA micro site and supporting presentations to communicate to a wide variety of audiences.
MDC, 3925 Market st. Clarkston, GA 30021
October 2003 - April 2015
• Established design company to aid clients with aesthetics for custom built sets, interior renovations, for residential commercial and film/video production.
• Recruit, train, and direct activities of design personnel.
• Oversee daily operations, including marketing, sales, and client relations; clients include SCANA energy, C&M Backdrops, Emory University, Diamond Dallas Page Yoga, Criminal Records, Cherry Bomb.
• Fabricate design elements including concrete forms, decorative trim, furniture framing and finishing, faux finishes, antique glazing and mural design.
Second Story, 3630 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30326
— Industrial Designer
• Aided Second Story team by creating a design to house interactive physical and digital objects within a kiosk.
• Gathered initial parameters/specifications regarding project guidelines and objectives.
• Produced an initial round of conceptual designs and presented to the team for further refinement. A second round focused on three designs in more explicit detailed which were vetted by client stakeholders. A final version was chosen an developed with three-dimensional software with annotated design specs for manufacturing and production.
• Design phase was completed within one week and fabrication was facilitated and conducted over the following two weeks.
Georgia Institute of Technology, North Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30332
— Masters of Industrial Design: Product Design
August 2011 - May 2014
• In addition to classwork, assisted in teaching and fabricating projects developed by students and professionals from industrial design, architecture, and the school of music.