Ahmed Lotfy Khalil (CIA, ESAA)
ATTENTION/ HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT,
Dear Mr. / Mrs.
I am pleased to attach herewith my resume. As evident from the resume, my experience consists of working with AXA EGYPT (Insurance, investments and services) as a Finance Manager where I gained considerable experience in developing the Finance department including the setup of the department processes/procedures and finance systems as well as managing the department (Accounting, Planning & Reporting, Treasury & Investments and Taxes) activities.
My previous experience comprises of working with Tokio Marine EGYPT Insurance as a Finance Manager and KPMG Hazem Hassan - Egypt as a Supervisor Auditor where I gained extensive experience of the finance, audit activities and consulting services in the Financial sector (Banking and Insurance and Investments) and Non-Financial sector. I’m interested in joining your esteemed organization and becoming a member of your successful team, where I can share my experience and help in developing further your firm. Looking forward to further discuss my skills and experience with you at your earliest convenience. Please contact me on any of the below-mentioned numbers, or via email: Cell Phone: 011*-***-****, 010********,
Phone: 02 24517848
Address: 11 Lotfy St, EL-Khalifa El-Maamoun, Misr El Gdida, Cairo Egypt Thank you for your time and consideration.
Page 2 of 5
Ahmed Lotfy Khalil
Looking forward a challenging job opportunity; that enhance my professional, analytical and communication skills, in a reputable firm where I can contribute to its progress, enrich my experience in finance and/or investment field and improve my skills by finding new criteria that will integrate my knowledge of management and interpersonal skills. Professional Designation
- Certified Internal Auditor, CIA (USA).
- Member of the Egyptian Society of Accountants and Auditors, ESAA (Egypt).
- MBA in Progress (Semester one) at British University of Egypt Technical Courses
- PBR Cross Knowledge (Reporting Standards for Consolidation and IFRS, for business reporting with specific KPIs in Health, P&C and Investments) - AXA Spain
- Finance Process and procedures and Systems Developments - AXA Dubai and AXA Bahrain
- International Accounting standards (IFRS) - KPMG.
- International Auditing Standards (IAS).
- International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Regulations of Central Bank of Egypt - KPMG.
- Regulation of Insurance Standards - KPMG.
- Basics of Islamic Finance for financial institutions Tokio Marine. Professional Experience
AXA Egypt Group
AXA Insurance Egypt, AXA Investments Egypt, AXA Egypt Services Finance Manager
March 2015 till Present
Page 3 of 5
- Identifying the finance system requirements. Responsible for its implementation and testing while ensuring its alignment with the internally approved accounting processes and procedures.
- Build up a finance department including staff hiring, assessment and continuous development in alignment with the business growth strategy.
- Drive and continuously improve the company’s financial processes to ensure sound financial structure by developing adequate internal policies, procedures with appropriate controls.
- Review the annual and quarterly prepared Financial Statements in accordance with EFSA Standards and IFRS. Ensure that relevant accounting standards are appropriately and consistently applied.
- Prepare the annual consolidated Financial Statements in accordance IFRS.
- Provide accounting guidance related to proposed transactions to ensure conformity with local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Prepare the company’s annual and long term Business Plan/Budget.
- Establish a reporting structure (including dashboards, frequency etc...) and regularly submit these reports with detailed analysis to the company’s Executive Committee Members, Group and BOD.
- Review and monitor the periodic generation of the accounting reports and ensure the adequate maintenance of these reports, accounting books, registers and files to meet the legal requirements.
- Monitor the capital efficiency and the capital requirement according to the local law and the Group standard (Solvency II).
- Establish Cost Responsibility Center to have reasonable basis for cost allocation.
- Manages and supervises the accounting activities by planning, directing, controlling and following-up on the tasks assigned to the accounting personnel.
- Coordinates with external/Internal auditors and the regulator at the time of the review of the financial results/statements.
- Manage the company’s taxes while adhering to the applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor the credit control process to ensure swift collection of premium.
Tokio Marine Egypt (Life and Non-Life Insurance Companies) Finance Manager
July 2011 till Feb 2015
- Prepare all the financial reports/information and analysis required for the BOD and CEO.
- Develop policies, procedures with effective controls for the Finance Department. Regularly update the investment policy statement (IPS) and Credit Policy (CP) and ensure that these policies are adhered to.
- Review and monitor the timely reporting of the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the financial statements/ information and ensure their accuracy.
- Prepare the Long/Short term Business Plan and Budget.
- Initiate forecast activities by projecting business requirements in liaison with operation units, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Monitor the issuance of both periodic and ad-hoc finance-based variance analysis reports. Page 4 of 5
- Ensure that the annual and quarterly Financial Statements are prepared in accordance with EFSA Standards, Egyptian Standards, and IFRS.
- Work with the external and internal audit to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Established a Chart of Accounts for both companies (Life and non-Life) to maintain accounting controls.
- Coaching the Finance staff. Work with each direct report on a yearly basis to establish goals and objectives, monitor and advice on the progress of their skills/capabilities and enhance their professional development. Appraising, planning and reviewing compensation actions.
KPMG Hazem Hassan
January 2005 – July 2011
- Planning and designing the audit approach according to a risk based methodology. This includes co-coordinating the various phases of the audit engagements and discussing significant findings or questions with appropriate levels on a timely basis.
- Assessing the risk of material misstatement by evaluating the company’s control environment, entity level controls, identifying risk areas and assessing their impact on the financial statements.
- Performing financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Performing test of control, analytical procedures, and test of details.
- Ensuring that the company’s records are in accordance to the GAAP, laws and regulations, by examining the company’s accounts.
- Prepare management Letters and perform follow up procedures to monitor the implementation of the action plan.
- Supervise and direct the audit staff during fieldwork.
- Regular reporting to executive manager and audit partner. Sectors that I was involved in their audits were as follows: - Financial Services institutions
- Banking, Insurance, Securities, Brokerage, Investments, Mutual funds, Mortgage. Non-Financial Services institutions
- Credit Cards Services, Medical Services, Consulting Services, Hotels, Marketing Co. Transaction Services & Due Diligence
- IFRS Assignments, Vendor initiated due diligence Assignments, Fraud Investigation and Internal Control Assessment Assignments.
NEXIA International Egypt - (International Audit Firm) June 2003 – December 2004
- Performing test of control, analytical procedures, and test of details.
- Performing substantive Procedure.
Page 5 of 5
- Assists in preparing the financial statements.
- Assists in preparing Management Latter.
AFAK Co. for Marketing and Projects-LTD
December 2002 - May 2003
- Prepare journal entries, assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable, prepare account/bank reconciliations, Enter and post monthly adjusting journal entries, assists in preparing the financial statements, Assist with tax computations and returns. Summary of qualifications
- Excellent performance and practice in Egyptian Accounting and Auditing Standards and IFRS.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Leadership, communication and planning abilities.
- Organizational and administrative skills to attain and achieve prescribed goals and objectives.
- Being proactive with executives and timely responding to their requirements. Education
Bachelor of Commerce
Graduation year: May 2002
- Multi operating Platform (MS-Windows), MS Excel, Advanced Excel XP.
- Oracle financial Systems (Sun, Great plans, Magnitude Reporting, Vision Reporting, and advent investment system).
- Oracle Operational Programs (CIRIS, ESKA & Penta Takaful).
- Familiar with Quick Books and Delta Accounting Program. Language Skills
- Native Language: Arabic.
- Very good command of spoken and written English. Personal Information
Date of Birth: 9/11/1981
Marital Status: Married
Military status: Exempted
Reference available on request