Computer Science student with 4+ years of experience in game design and full-stack development. Interested in Game Development, UI Design, Software Testing, and Systems Analysis. EDUCATION
University of California - Berkeley
B.A. Computer Science + Data Science
Expected Graduation: May 2023
● Relevant Coursework: CS61A: The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, EECS16A: Designing Information Devices and Systems I, CS61B: Data Structures (Spring 2020), CS70: Discrete Math and Probability Theory (Spring 2020)
● Activities: Game Design and Development at Berkeley, Cal Club Golf, Asian American Association PROJECTS
Director and Lead Programmer
● An Action-RPG with a sci-fi storyline and twitch-reaction fighting mechanics. Players explore a fantasy world acquiring magic abilities and defeating enemies.
● Managing a team of five people, and currently in development with 200+ aggregate hours contributed.
● Presented at the UC Berkeley Game Design and Development Showcase.
● Developed in Unity Engine with C# for algorithms and GLSL for custom shaders. SafePath
CalHacks 6.0 Project
● A general purpose application to detect safe paths using topographic modeling and the Google Cloud elevation API.
● Worked primarily on server side data collection and programming pathfinding algorithms such as Dijkstra’s and Bellman Ford’s algorithms.
● Written in Python using Tkinter and Pillow graphics packages with two other team members. Econ Adventure
● An Economics-themed trivia and exploration RPG based on Pokemon, where the player collects special items hidden in various places across the map.
● Developed individually using Unity Engine and C#. Video Demonstrations: https://tinyurl.com/ConnorLienProjects ACHIEVEMENTS
Best Game – CodeDay Hackathon at Horizons February 2018
● Developed a bullet-hell game themed on calculus using Java named L'Hospi Touhou dX.
● Worked in a team of four for 24 hours.
● Specialized in user interface creation and function generation algorithms. EXPERIENCE
Math and Coding
July 2017 - January 2018
● Taught elementary school age children how to create games using Scratch and Tynker.
● Created step-by-step lesson plans for many in-class projects, such as a UFO shoot ‘em up game. SKILLS
Spoken Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese