Atl, Ga. *****
Desktop/Network Support engineer
Computer support technician with over fifteen years’ experience providing technical assistance to business professionals. Demonstrated ability to integrate computer skills, customer support experience, and related education to exceed technical, business, and customer requirements.
LAN Administration Mobile device Troubleshooting proficiency
Troubleshooting Customer service Technical knowledge
Application support Documentation Effective problem solving
Hardware support System Security Inventory management
Vendor Relations Antivirus Management Printer support
• Operating Systems: Microsoft 95-10, Server 2008,2012,2016 Mac OSX high sierra.
•Enterprise Software: Office 2007-2016,365, Client Access, SolarWinds IP Monitor, IT Glue, Putty, Kronos, Google Apps, UPS WorldShip, Ghost, GNUPG, Azure, ACT! Thomson Reuters Ultra Tax, Sage 50, Drake
Dropbox for Business, Skype for business, Cisco WebEx, QuickBooks, Galaxy, Lightspeed, Webroot, Sophos, Adobe creative suite, Continuum.
• Virtualization/Ticketing: Oracle- Virtual Box, MS-Hyper-V. Citrix Receiver 4.12, ConnectWise, LANDesk, Remedy.
• Infrastructure hardware: Dell Power Edge, HP ProLiant,720, Nomadix, Peplink balancer, Net gear switches, APC-BackUPS, IBM AS/400, Nortel VOIP, Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti, ICC Access Points, Linksys Routers.
Pcplus Networks Lawrenceville, GA
Desktop Engineer 8/10/2015 – Present
Assisted managed service customers and external customers with hardware and software problems, provided troubleshooting, and owned desktop and network issues to resolution. Performed maintenance of personal computers and peripheral equipment, identifying problems and providing appropriate solutions. Participated in field installations, engineering and customer support.
• Managed service provider support for over 200 hotels and proactively performed IT support services for clients. Configured laptops and desktops with desktop agents, Webroot/Sophos agents, and other software.
• Demonstrated high quality, results-driven, prompt, and professional customer service and support to instill confidence in technical advice and directions.
• Tested and configured wireless controllers, Access points, switches, and load balancers.
• Centralized remote support for patches, antivirus/malware updates, and support calls. Proactively monitored network for downtime issues.
• Responded to requests for technical assistance in person via phone and remotely for the following technologies: Windows and Mac OS based end points (Laptops Desktops & Thin Clients) Tablets & Smartphones (IOS & Android) and Microsoft Office.
Old Castle Roswell, GA
System administrator contract 7/2013 - 6/2014
Staffed newly formed System Administration position to aid computer users via telephone and e-mail. Maintained trouble-ticket system to record and track user calls and e-mails. Reported on common problems and complaints, escalating network-wide troubles to Lead Technician.
• Installed and trouble shot issues with hardware and software for over 200 internal company personnel
• Implemented and maintained duties for the job that included Active Directory, Group Policy, and Exchange email accounts.
• Actively tracked and followed up on trouble tickets, reducing average response time from three days to two hours.
• Configured new laptops and tablets using Dell KACE and HP system images.
• Collaborated in a VOIP conversion from Verizon to Sprint, worked on Zebra printers, and supported Kronos support issues.
• Assisted with vendor relations and reduced cost 20% in expenses for printer paper and toner.
School Specialty formerly Sportime Norcross, Ga
Desktop Support Technician 4/2004 - 12/2009
Provided desktop support for specialized hardware and software systems used in schools, summer camps, churches and other educational businesses.
• Resolved desktop software application issues as well as end-user support for over thirty departments and over 1000 users nationwide.
• Created and maintained user accounts, groups, and computer accounts using Active Directory which included resetting passwords, disabling accounts, and adding users to OU's and security groups.
• Designed fault tolerant disks for clients in case of hard drive failure. Minimized non-productive time due to equipment failure by 28%.
• Logged all trouble tickets via the Remedy ticketing system while documenting root cause and maintaining quick resolution while reducing response time by 90%.
• Migrated users from Windows 2000 to XP and then to Windows 7. Achieved a successful project of moving from AS/400 to Dell Servers on a team.
• Maintained workstations, various printers, E time servers, File servers, and art department Apple Macs.
Sportime LLC Atlanta, Ga
Mail room/Technical Support Specialist 5/1994 - 4/2004
Started in the mail room before switching to IT. Provided technical assistance to 125 staff, assisting with network access, printing, and application software operation. Assisted IT Coordinator with administration of a network of more than 145 workstations, spanning three locations. Performed routine maintenance and user file backups.
• Followed departmental procedures to handle all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Implemented a relational database system to maintain inventory records for hardware and software, ensuring software license compliance for all installations.
• Maintained all laser and ink jet printer support and supplies and assisted with audio-visual conference room configurations.
• Managed Nortel VOIP applications mainly Call Pilot and Telephony manager in Symposium.
• Developed cost estimates for repairs and renewed service contracts and warranties.
Education and Training
A.S., Networking Specialist Windows Concentration
Gwinnett Technical College, Lawrenceville, Ga 2008-2011,2015
Certificates-Data Center, Information Security, Health Information Technology certificate. Member of TAG and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Certification-Comp Tia A+, Network +