I Dip NEBOSH, Grad IOSH,
SIIRSM, NEBOSH Approved
Stella Building,P.O Box: 15, P.C: 105
Madinat Qaboos, Near ABA School
Al- Khuwair, Sultanate of Oman
+968-******** (Work), +91
Date of birth
Passport Number: P0731575, Expiry:
Sultanate of Oman: 87768057,
India: 43/1098/2011 Expiry:
A HSE professional with career success over 23 years in the field of Marine construction & operation, Oil & Gas sector (EPC, EMC, ODC, PMC, OHL), civil constructions, manufacturing and heavy industries including major multi-billion projects . Expert in formulating /review of HSE Management System, HSE Policies, Plan, Procedures, Method statements, Risk Assessment, Emergency response and mitigation plan. IRCA certified Lead and internal Auditor for ISO 9001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2015. Well versed with the health and safety standards defined by the National and International regulatory bodies, proficient with the latest tools and methodology of risk assessment, a quick learner with an ability to adapt new skills effectively Skilled in communication, resource management, problem solving, and team building. Comfortable to work under any circumstances and travel frequently to fulfill job requirements.
Jan 2017 -
Senior HSE Engineer
Oman Gas Company (Seconded by Applus Velosi Oman)
Managing various multi billion projects (EPC for 221 Kms Duqum Gas line 36", Duqum Gas Supply Station, EPC for 85 Kms Salalah Loop Line 32", EPC fofr 301 Kms Gas Loop Line 32" & NGL Pipe Line 14", EPC for Salalah Centre Service corridor, EPC works for Salalah IPP2, General Maintenance and Engineering, EPC of Salalah LPG extraction Project) executed by different contractors.
Reviewing and approving contractor HSE Plans, Procedures, Method statements and work procedures.
Conducting second party Audit for Contractors working under Oman Gas Company Projects in order to ensure Legal and contractual compliance.
Formulating / review of HSE Management System, HSE Policies, HSE Plan and Procedures, Method statements, Risk Assessment, Emergency response and mitigation plan within Oman Gas Company.
Implementation and maintenance of the Integrated management system (IMS) ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Monitor and ensure implementation of OGC HSE Management system in Operational areas and OGC Projects.
Organize, conduct and participate in Permit To Work (PTW) licensing interview for OGC and Contractor staff.
Devise, implement, and monitor new policies and activities aimed at providing a safe and healthy work environment to the employees.
Lead investigations for incidents, accidents and near miss incidents and identify root cause of the incident.
• Conduct interview for Contractors HSE key staff and train new HSE staff. Conduct external and internal audits to ascertain health, safety, and environmental procedures adapted by the Contractor and at Operation facilities.
Prepare detailed audit reports, with relevant required corrective & preventive measures. Possess high understanding of audit procedures, government regulations of Health, Safety and Environment
Lead and participate Hazard Effective Management System (HEMP), Safety Training Observation Program (STOP), Health Risk Assessment (HRA), Hazard Operability Studies (HAZOP), and Hazard Identification (HAZID).
Provide HSE support and advice to senior Management/ site management and HSE Advisers to drive and maintain a strong HSE culture.
• Interface with various Clients and Authorities.
• Establish an environmental monitoring and audit program applicable to all phases of the operations.
Ensure Project HSE training and Induction programs implementation at site level.
Oct 2013 -
Applus Velosi Oman
Responsible for Overall HSE Management of Oman Division, implementation and maintenance of the HSE Management system that complies with Applus group integrated management system (IMS) ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
Approved Contract HSE Advisor for Contract C31/0383 (QA/QC and third party inspection Services) with Petroleum Development Oman (PDO).
Contract HSE focal point for various oil and gas contract with ORPIC, Oman Gas Company, British Petroleum, MEDCO, Occidental Oman (OXY), Daleel Petroleum etc.
Conduct Risk assessment and prepare HSE Plan, HEMP, work procedures and method statement for for Non Destructive Test (NDT Division) Contract.
• Represent the Company on all HSE forums and seminars organized by Clients.
• Liaise with various Clients on matters relating to HSE. Preparation and review of Annual HSE Plan for the Company, Monitoring progress and manage the successful implementation of the plan.
Maintaining all HSE documents in line with Velosi integrated management system (IMS) ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
Involved in getting the company certified by Oman Society for Petroleum Services (OPAL) for having an effective in house Health Safety and Environment Management System.
• Develop, maintain and review HSE documents as per Contract Requirements. Preparation of tender HSE plan & risk assessments and providing input into tendering and business development processes.
• Organize, conduct and minute HSE meetings.
Conduct in-house training of Chemical Safety, Fire escape, Usage of PPE, Safe system of Work, accident prevention etc.
Preparation, review and implementation of Country level Emergency Action Plan.
Presenting/Reporting HSE monthly Statistics/Reports to Clients and Corporate Division.
• Conduct risk assessments for activities carried out in the organization. Initiate and lead Accident and incident investigations in line with Applus group Integrated Management System and Client specifications.
• Conducting site visits and site Audits.
Conduct interview and recruit HSE staffs by assessing knowledge, skill and competency of new candidates according to Client requirements.
Management of IVMS system for monitoring driver performance, KM driven and maintenance of Fleet.
• Procurement and issue of PPEs as per Client specification. IRCA certified External and internal Auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and conduct audits under Velosi Management system department.
• Conducting internal audit for various discipline. Oct 2011 -
Senior HSE Advisor
Al Turki Enterprises LLC (PDO Contract)
Lead HSE Advisor for PDO /ATE Bahja ODC. The work includes all off-plot Petroleum Development Oman Off Plot Delivery Contract South - C31/1164
engineering, construction and commissioning of pipelines, well hook ups in Bahja cluster. The project needs to follow a high level of safety standards as the activities include Location preparation, sleeper/ anchor installation, flow line construction, generic & critical lifting activities, hydro testing, PE lining, pigging, OHL construction, on plot instrumentation, working in high H2S area and excavation and trenching. Conducting risk assessment, preparing and executing HSE plan for Shut down activities - inside Stations including hot work and spool replacement and demolition of redundant flow lines (32 km Qubara- Shaama 16’’
& 34 kms Hawqa- Zaulliya).
Responsibilities undertaken but not limited to the followings: - Sayyala 24-26 Rationalization project. Project HSE Lead for Sayyala 24 -26 Rationalization project. The firm scope consists but not limited to construction of 8” and 10’’ GRE lines (4.5 km), trenching, pre padding, post padding, manifold construction and tie-in.
Nafoorah Raaja Zareef gross evacuation Project. Project HSE focal point. The firm scope consists but not limited to construction of 8” and 16’’ GRE lines
(19km and 16km), trenching, pre padding, post padding, windrow, ROW, manifold construction, tie-in and reversing flow from Zareef to Raaja.
Sadad Phase 1 and 2 (Oil part & Water Part). Senior HSE Advisor for Sadad project. The scope of work consists but not limited to construction and installation of 07 in number MSVs, 8’’ header construction of 25 kms, 6’’ flow line and 4’’ test header.
Ensure effective implementation of HSE plan, Develop all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with PDO/SHELL and ISO 14001 standards.
Carry out HSE Management System audit for ensuring proper compliances of PDO and environmental specification and standards.
Provide HSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation.
Participate and Monitor the effectiveness of HSE monthly, weekly and gate meetings and verify the weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics & presentations related to HSE performance.
Monitor safety management system of sub contractors to ensure those are aligned with company’s HSEMS.
Ensure that all employees, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions for operations.
Ensure regular emergency response exercises & drills are conducted, ensuring highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Verify the records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements.
Lead investigation of accidents, incidents, near misses and HSE non- compliances; making corrective actions recommendations, review and analyze the implementation of same.
Monitoring of Road worthiness of Vehicle & Road safety through spot checks, IVMS report analyzing and propose the corrective actions.
Participates in Project HSE related reviews, e.g. like HAZOP, HAZID, JSP and HRA when required.
Conducts internal training sessions for STOP, TRIC, Safe Journey Management, Defensive driving, HACCP, HEMP, & IVMS.
• Implementation and monitoring of PTW system.
• Coordinate & supervise the implementation of various maintenance programs.
• Implement organizational safety, security of personnel and asset. Handle wide ranges of mechanical equipment while monitoring the work execution and providing guidance, technical advice to ensure conformity to
statutory and company regulations.
Jun 2009 -
Petty Officer NBCD Instructor
Indian Naval Training Establishment (Seamanship School)
• Senior instructor in Seamanship and NBCD for Indian Naval Officers and Staffs.
• Instructor for boat handling training for Naval officers and staffs.
• Organizing and leading boat expeditions for trainees. Formulate, implement and impart training Program for different training establishment.
Formulate, implement and impart rescue and escape training Program for Naval Officers and staffs.
Responsible for implementation of Indian Navy policies, practices, and operations for the Environment, Health, Safety and Security functions within naval operations.
Develop Prevention Programs, Risk Management System, Manual Safety and Occupational Health.
Lead Maritime Safety operation program in coordination with Naval and Civil Defense authorities.
• Formulate and implement security program for Naval Establishments. Jun 2006 -
Petty Officer (PO UC1) NBCD Instructor
Indian Naval War Ship (INS Kuthar)
• Responsible for overall Safety and NBCD readiness for Indian Naval Warship.
• Captain and ceremonial boat coxswain.
Responsible to ensure all Safety and Security systems are operational at all times.
• Chief Quartermaster and person on wheel during entering and leaving harbour. Organize, conduct and test safety critical installation on board War ship (Fire detection, fixed and portable fire fighting, dewatering arrangements, NBC agent detection systems, Ship Installed radiation Systems, flood detectors etc).
Formulate and conduct Safety, NBC induction and circuit training for all officers and staffs periodically and during joining.
Formulate and monitor Ship's Emergency team and conduct mock drill for Ship's staff.
Plan and organize annual and periodic maintenance for critical systems fitted on board Naval War ship.
Formulate and impart training for Naval Officers and staffs on usage of SCBA, fire extinguishers, escape set, emergency evacuation method, portable dewatering systems.
• conduct daily safety drills for ship's emergency response team. Prepare and send monthly, quarterly and annual reports on Ship's safety systems and readiness to Fleet management team.
Initiate, monitor the compliance and execute Permit to Work systems during refit of War ship.
• Permit coordinator for third party maintenance services on board ship.
• Calculate and provide ship's stability data during critical operations. Maintain and monitor temperature of Ship's critical compartments throughout it's operation.
• Conduct competency assessment for all officers and staffs. Devise safety procedure and monitor implementation for working at height, hot work, lifting operations, explosive handling, manual handling, chemical handling, electrical modifications, installation of instrumentation etc.
Aug 1996 -
Indian Navy (INS Rajput, INS Sujata, DSSC Wellington)
• Captain and ceremonial boat coxswain.
• Lead Naval Search and rescue operations.
• Anti Submarine warfare operation
Ensure Safe operation of Ship's safety and security systems and maintain the systems operational at all time.
Conduct and participate emergency readiness drills and programs in coordination with Naval and Civil Defense Authorities.
• Impart safety training for new joiners and assess the competency periodically. Education
Jun 2012 -
Bachelor of Technology
Nov 2016 NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
Jun 2011 NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health with Distinction
2011 Graduation from Ministry of Defense in Safety and Security management.
OSHA – 30 Hrs in General Industrial Safety
IRCA certified Lead Auditor – ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007
Internal Auditor – ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Diploma in Administrative and Industrial safety officer Course - Institute of Security Management, technology and services India. Rigging Trainer Development course - Crosby group, Europe. HACCP Level 3
Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence & Firefighting Instructor course (16 weeks) - NBCD School, INS Shivaji
Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence & Firefighting Key course (04 weeks)
- NBCD School, INS Shivaji
Training Technology course (03 weeks) - Naval Institute of Educational & Training Technology, Kochi
Ship Installed Chemical Agent Detection System Operator & operator maintenance training course - Bruker Daltonics, Germany. Diploma in Human resources management - Institute of Security Management, technology and services India.
Office Management - Director General Resettlement
Diploma in Security and Fire officer Course - Institute of Security Management, technology and services India.
HSE and other Trainings
PDO HSE Training
• HSE Induction (Petroleum Development of Oman). • H2S Awareness & Escape.
• Initial Fire Response. • SCBA and Confined Space Training. • Gas Testing. • Basic Life Support & First Aid. • HSE Tools and Skills. • Coaching Mentoring and Competency assessment. • Safety Leadership for Supervisors. • Permit to Work Signatories. • NORM for Supervisors. • Incident Investigation. • Chemical Awareness for supervisors
STCW-95 mandatory for Seafarers & Offshore Employees • Personal Survival Techniques • Personal Safety & Social Responsibility • Elementary First Aid • Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting - Euro Tech Kochi