Abid Islam Senior Delphi Developer
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abid-islam-delphi-engineer/ SUMMARY
• 12+ years of software engineering, development and customer support experience, with strong analytical, technical and organization skills.
• Strong and effective leadership skills in enlisting the support of all team members, vendor and client in aligning with project and organizational goals. Always set example by leading from front.
• An excellent problem-solver, able to quickly grasp complex systems and identify opportunities for improvements and resolution of critical issues. Highlights issues before it triggers some critical situation.
• Experienced to effectively engage customers to understand their issues, problems and needs and a lead them towards mutually acceptable resolution.
• Excellent written and oral communication with onshore or offshore team members and key stakeholders.
Programming Languages: Delphi, Core Java, JSE, JEE, Pro*C, C/C++, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS Databases: Oracle 9i, 10, 11g, 12c, Interbase, Firebird, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2012 Tools: Embarcadero RAD Studio, MS Office, MS Visual Studio,, Borland Developer Studio,, Eclipse, Netbeans, Toad for Oracle, VSS, JIRA, SVN, ALM, StarTeam, Crystal Reports, Fogbugz, Project Pier, Kiln Platforms: Windows, HP-Unix, AIX, sMac
3rd Party Components: FireDAC, ODAC, Woll2Woll, DevExpress, Asta, DBISAM, Indy, Fast Reports WORK EXPERIENCE
Contour Software (a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. Canada), Sep 2014 – to date Address: City Tower, Gulberg II, Lahore, Pakistan, www.contour-software.com Position: Senior Software Engineer
Huawei Technologies July 2012 – Aug 2014
Address: Building No. 3, LGF, Aiwan E Iqbal Complex, Egerton Road, Lahore Position: Software Design Engineer
Zapnova Solutions, Jan 2007 – July 2012
Address: New Garden Town, Lahore
Position: Software Engineer
EDUCATION & TRAININGS
Master of Science in Computer Science
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) (AUG-2008 to JUNE-2011) Bachelor of Sciences in Computer Science and Engineering University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan (UET) (DEC-2002 to DEC-2006) PROJECTS
Project Name: IDEAL
Project Description: All-in-One Dealer Management Solution, Ideal Computer Systems offers the most comprehensive set of tools for automating dealerships of any size. Through working with dealers for 30 years, we have developed an all-in-one system that is intuitive and easy-to-use, and will help you manage your dealership in real-time.
Tools: Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo (Delphi), Firebird, FireDAC, ReportBuilder, DevExpress, InfoPower Woll2Woll, GIT
Project Name: SIMPLI Report Service
Project Description: It is a Windows Service containing Fast Report Server component. A separate GUI is developed to control the Service, to configure FireDAC connection Definitions, to configure port, to configure different report locations.
Tools: Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo (Delphi), CSS/HTML, FireDAC, FastReports, SVN Project Name: AIM-SRM
Project Description: AIM is a comprehensive, hosted student management solution for adult and career technical education agencies. Through a centralized database, AIM tracks student demographic information, class registration, attendance, grades and skills attainment data for state and federal reporting, and can be used for strategic program management. AIM is a scalable system with the ability to serve a single school, a small district, a county, or a state- wide program.
Tools: Borland Delphi 5, Oracle 11g, ODAC, Woll2Woll, Crystal 8.5 Project Name: Asset Scanner
Project Description: Asset Scanner to scan the assets of all the computer system within a network. Assets like software installed in all computers, software license build numbers etc. It was initially developed for 32bit machines and then upgraded to be used for 64bit machines. Tools: Borland Delphi 7, SQL Server, Mitec Components, XML Project Name: InfoExpress
Project Description: InfoExpress is a powerful and easy-to-use HelpDesk solution. Business owners and IT-managers will be able to reduce the cost of operation and increase the productivity by supplying efficient and targeted support towards users and customers. InfoExpress is the perfect Enterprise tool for any type of support task, allocation and monitoring. InfoExpress is accessible from anywhere and ensures a high level of service efficiency and support quality that is paramount to efficient customer service operations in businesses today. It was developed in Borland Delphi and then migrated to C# MVC and Entity Framework. Tools: Borland Delphi 7, SQL Server, Mitec Components, XML, DevExpress, ASTA, DBISAM, FastReports, Indy Project Name: TABS – Telecom Advanced Business Solution Project Description: TABS, is an integrated software package designed for the mobile, ISP, and traditional fixed network services. This capability provides us with a solution that is already well versed in supporting Local, International. TABS convergent Customer Care & Billing system undertakes the whole billing process of a single converged system and rates all services against a single unified rating scheme. TABS solutions have been implemented in 38 sites for the major telecom groups providing nonstop services for over 100+ customers.
Under TABS Project Worked on following Customer Change Requests and Product Enhancements.
• Designed and Developed ReRate TAPIN (Roaming) files for BanglaLink
• Designed and Developed Provisioning Commands of Maximum length for MTN Sudan
• Designed and Developed CS Enhancement for Airtel (Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania)
• Designed and Developed Solution for Changing Basic Service types (Data to Voice, Voice to Data) for Subscribers without getting Disconnected (Airtel Kenya)
• Designed and Developed Credit Control Enhancements for Airtel (Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania)
• Designed and Developed Hybrid Billing Solution for Postpaid Subscribers Airtel (Ghana, Tanzania)
• Designed and Developed Solutions for Package to Package Preferential Charging (BanglaLink)
• Designed and Developed Solution for Bundle validity (Bangla Link)
• TABS Interconnect Project
Tools: Java (J2EE), JSF, Hibernate, JDeveloper, Oracle, VSS, Pro*C, AIX Server, EPM, VSS Project Name: POS (Point of Sale) – The Financial Transactions System Project Description: The POS Project Point of Sale (POS) is basically a checkout counter in a shop, or a variable location where a transaction occurs in this type of environment. These services could be anything just like recharge of balance or any other transaction. POS may include fully integrated accounting, inventory management.
Tools: Java (J2SE) Socket Programming, EVC (Embedded Visual C++), SQL SERVER 2000