Douglas P. Basile
Woodbury, New York 11797
(631) 559- 5374
Winthrop University Hospital and Medical Center, Mineola N.Y. Respiratory Therapist - SICU/MICU
• Developed a program to enable the SICU / MICU to provide superior patient care by having the Respiratory therapist perform rounds with the interns and residents addressing each individual Patients condition, treatment and medical concerns.
• Dedicated therapist for SICU and MICU units.
• Acting as clinical educator for resident program on respiratory procedures and equipment.
• Responsible for all patient intubations and arterial blood gases for 20 bed intensive care unit.
• Set up vent management protocols.
• Therapist on hospital CODE Team.
• Administer patient treatment and monitor all related respiratory equipment. 02/99 - 12/99 Pediatric Services of America, Rockville Center, NY Clinical Director - New York Tri State Region
• Responsible for patient home care, therapist and equipment for entire Long Island region.
• Increased revenue for Long Island territories by twenty percent.
• Specialized in home care for pediatric patients with speciﬁc protocols to mimic in hospital care.
• Headed sales and marketing for entire Long Island regions.
• Worked in conjunction with neonatogists in the development of sleep apnea programs. 1996 - 1999 Cyber Medical Homecare Services, Lynbrook, NY Respiratory Therapist / Clinical Director
• Responsible for the development and successful implementation of ﬁve new nursing homes Ventilator programs.
• Acted as a liaison for the company making sales calls to hospitals and nursing homes for informational meetings regarding home care services for their patients.
• Acted as clinical educator for staﬀ, hospital and nursing homes.
• Responsible for hiring therapists, scheduling, salaries and job performance reviews
• Reviewed physician’s orders to coordinate appropriate home care therapists and equipment for patients.
• Oversee patient set up, medical equipment and in home treatment.
• Involved in daily operations of home care company. 1993 - 1996 Saint Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center, New York, NY Respiratory Therapist
• Directly interface with interns and residents during rounds to assure excellent patient care.
• Provided educational training for interns and residents in the ICU on vent managements.
• Responsible for patient transport inside and outside of hospital. Education
• 1993 - Molloy College, Rockville Centre, NY - Certiﬁcate Respiratory Therapy
• 1987 - Touro College, Huntington, NY - Bachelors of Science
• 1983 - Farmingdale University SUNY - Associates Degree - Early Childhood Development
Equipment 7200 Ventilators, Servo 300, all Bi-paps / specialize in Vision Bi-pap. Gem 3000 Blood Gas Machine, LP10 / LP20 Ventilators, all types of Apnea Monitors, Oxygen concentrators.