Ankur Johar, CSPO, CSM
• 11+ years of software product development with extensive experience in successfully delivering on large scale and highly complex digital transformation initiatives
• Effective in product management by defining product roadmap, requirements, design, delivery, and go-to market functions as well as business development, install base growth, management and ongoing improvement of top software offerings and web platforms
• Expert in utilizing data/consumer research insights to identify new product opportunities with a focus on customer satisfaction, revenue generation and innovation
• Engage on extremely diverse range of multi-disciplinary discipline both as a individual contributor and as a team leader—to tackle challenging technical obstacles, keep project and teams on track, and get products released under aggressive deadlines. CORE COMPETENCY
● Project/Product Management
● Agile Methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
● Risk Management
● Requirement Gathering
RBC, Toronto Canada May 2019 – Present
Senior Manager, Product
• Provide focus for the team through clear goals for releases and iterations, maximizing priorities with a product backlog ranked by business drivers, effort and risk.
• Collaborate with architecture and UI/UX design team to plan and conduct user research for product across all stages of the product development lifecycle – from early stage requirements gathering, to rapid creation and prototype variations, to usability studies on working features of the product.
• Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to write features, stories and acceptance criteria sufficiently detailed for the team to deliver successfully within a Sprint.
• Actively participate in Sprint events including Planning, Daily Scrums, Reviews, Retrospectives, and Backlog Refinement.
• Support and contribute to executive dashboards, proposal documents and presentations for internal and external audiences at a senior executive level
• Define and Monitor KPIs (registered users, subscription purchase) using Google Analytics. Worked to improve conversion rates by running monthly split/multivariate tests on product features
• Asses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitor’s products
• Work cross-functionally with Sales, Channel vendors, Engineering, and Product operations teams to understand demand from the market and to guide end to end customer experience
• Coordinate with design team to perform usability testing on new UI working prototypes to gather baseline data on new feature that helped in saving development time
Mercer, Toronto Canada May 2018 – May 2019
Intelligent Automation Product Owner
• Responsible for educating business team on RPA and its benefit; performing cost benefit analysis and developing FTE reduction matrix based on process identified for automation
• Drive the sign-off process of the solution with proper input from the various stakeholders on client’s business objectives, risk assessment
• Develop & prioritize epics and user stories using story mapping method
• Collaborate with various internal groups such as Finance, IT, Legal, and executive teams to formulate CoE practice within the company
• Run day to day delivery functions, that includes tracking the status of processes, resolving the RPA design gaps
● Change Management
● Competitive Analysis
● Stakeholder Management
Metalogix Software Inc., Toronto Canada Jun 2016 - May 2018 Product Owner
• Responsible for managing three interdepartmental teams of size 25 (budget: $5 million up to) to increase their productivity;
• Worked with VP of Software development to set product vision and roadmap
• Documenting and releasing Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for different system features of SaaS and SharePoint based products
• Creating, monitoring and updating Agile metrics/reporting for senior management - Epic and Release Burn-down, Team Velocity, Sprint Burn-down/Burn- up charts, Defect Detection Rate, Defect closure rate for past projects and inflight projects.
• Facilitating user-stories selection process based on effort estimate (story points), business value and KPIs
• Preparing and maintaining Project Management artifacts for previous projects including, but not limited to: weekly project status report, project staffing, and timesheet entry. Ensured all stakeholders agree to program objectives, scope, and schedule
• Assisted Product managers during A/B testing and later analyzed result using full story to understand which variation of design achieved the goal more effectively
Honeywell Technology Solution Jun 2010 - Aug 2014
Project Manager, Technology Lead/Scrum Master
• Developed business case for new CCTV solution by extensive market, interviewing potential customers and reviewing past RFPs; successfully launched Digital Video Manager Xpress solution for High Growth Region
• Managed 40 Olympic sites; responsible for leading onshore and offshore team in commissioning and delivery of these sites for Olympic events.
• Written proposals and performed requirement analysis for various clients in reply to their RFP and eventually winning three of them.
• Collected backlogs, created sprints, managed burn down charts, and facilitated daily scrums as well as creating user stories and task items using JIRA.
• Manage conflicting stakeholder expectations and communicated overall program status. Progress, risks/issues, and their corresponding mitigation/resolution strategies to CTO on weekly basis. Senior Engineer Jun 2008 - Jun 2010
• Led a team of 4 members for proof of concept on third party Radar Video Surveillance System for assessing the capabilities and foreseeing potential risks in integration with Honeywell Systems
• Showcase productivity improvement by developing generic database redundancy solutions for new development projects; resulted in saving $50K in development efforts
Engineer Aug 2006 - Jun 2008
• Spearheaded a team of 3 people to design and develop a courier tracking solution for DHL, Germany. This solution was later implemented across various DHL Sites, World-wide.
• Developed solution to periodically reconcile unwanted alarms from Honeywell systems. This solution saved $10 million for Honeywell by avoiding replacement of faulty controllers across various sites in U.S.A and U.K SKILLS
Project Methodologies: Agile (Scrum, Kanban, and RUP), Lean, and Waterfall Others: MS Office Suite, Visio, Microsoft SharePoint, Enterprise Architect, UML, Rational Rose, JIRA, Microsoft Project Planner, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (VSTS) CERTIFICATION
• Certified Scrum Product Owner • Certified Scrum Master
• PMP Certified, PMP Eligibility ID: 1826117 • Six Sigma Green Belt Certified EDUCATION
Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto Aug 2014 – April 2016
● Master of Business Administration
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India Aug 2003 – April 2006
● Master of Computer Applications
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & INTERESTS
• Winner of “Chairman’s Award for Everyday Heroes” for securing $54 million London Olympic business for Honeywell
• Received an invite for private breakfast from Honeywell India President for outstanding work in Wembley Stadium upgrade project