Pune 91-805******* firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.linkedin.com/in/kapiljogaikar SENIOR MANAGER - PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT
Responsible and Resourceful Packaging Development Professional with over 15 years’ experience in developing packaging component and process development projects for Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Health foods, Perfumes and Games products along with Printing experience. Sound experience in understanding and translating customer needs into innovative, workable Packaging Engineering concepts. Strong knowledge of Development processes, including material selection and sourcing, packaging work plan design, with testing requirements and documentation. Leadership skills demonstrated in Project Management and Team Development. Skilled in exploring and delivering superior, differentiating Packaging technologies, processes, designs with speed, quality, cost and schedule with emphasis on Sustainable Environment conscious Packaging solutions. KEY SKILLS
• End-User centric Packaging
• Integrated Packaging Design
• Packaging Innovation
• Packaging Value Addition
• Vendor Management
• Mold Development
• Sustainable Packaging
• Packaging System Improvement
• Cost Optimization
• Packaging Quality
• Concurrent Project
• Team Management &
• Printing Proficiency
• Documentation & Artwork
• Cross Functional Coordination
• Self-Driven Professional
• Identified new concepts and developed them into deliverable and high-quality products corresponding to customer/market needs. Renovated products with design improvements, regulatory changes compliance, marketing strategies, quality improvements, specification harmonization, ease in procurement, manufacturing efficiency improvements, product range aesthetics harmonization & cost improvement. o Revamped packaging for Personal care & Wellness products, Skin care products including soaps, face washes, face creams with a contemporary look and new brand packaging, thus helping in sales increase. o Developed and determined the strategy for innovation and R&D that has the aim to improve existing market value proposal. Launched Cosmeceutical range of skin care products with a premium embossed-pattern paperboard look and Wellness Food products in Chyavanaprasha & Honey category with Organic look. o Introduced modern look with shelf appealing aesthetics for Herbal Tea packaging, increasing market share. o Presented Recycled paper-based soap packaging for US market with environment friendly printing materials o Reduced Perfume Product development time by 40%, with timely global coordination across Sales & Marketing teams, R&D, Procurement, Quality, Production, Design firms, Suppliers and Management teams. o Developed Premium Quality Packaging for niche range of Perfume products by working closely with Packaging suppliers and Design Agency.
• Reduced component weight of plastic bottles and closures having yearly sales of 10 million+ packs, by 12% & 22% resp, thus annually saving more than 2 ton of plastic material, as a step towards sustainability, without compromising on end-product properties.
Packaging Consultant FREELANCING ASSIGNMENTS Dec 2017 - Present Senior Manager Printing and Packaging PROTHOM INDUSTRIES PVT. LTD, PUNE Feb 2017 - Nov 2017 Manager New Product Development SUNTARA COSMETICS, CHENNAI Nov 2014 - Jan 2017 Manager Packaging Development HIMALAYA HEALTHCARE, BANGALORE Aug 2007 - Oct 2014 Officer New Product Development NEBULA HOME PRODUCTS LIMITED, GOA Feb 2006 - Aug 2007 Officer Printing Production UFLEX INDUSTRIES LTD, NOIDA Jul 2001 - May 2005 DETAILED EXPERIENCE
Packaging Consultant FREELANCE ASSIGNMENTS Dec 2017-Present As Independent consultant for Intertek, completed a project for Godrej Interio, Steel furniture division - ‘Study for Improvement solutions in present Packaging to minimize Product damages during Distribution chain’. Senior Manager Printing and Packaging PROTHOM INDUSTRIES PVT.LTD Feb 2017-Nov 2017 Prothom was a manufacturer of technologically sophisticated plastic games for global markets leader Hasbro. Led a team responsible for the development of packaging for Games and Knowledge products as per customer guidelines and compliant to Global Safety standards.
• Handled development of 5 to be launched products. Undertook development of Secondary packaging components like display trays, Blister cards, Blisters, CFBs, components for E-commerce platform selling products.
• Ensured to follow Safety practices in packaging materials across vendors; Developed the packaging materials as per business/commercial requirements, prepared reference packaging material specifications and costing. Manager New Product Development SUNTARA COSMETICS Nov 2014-Jan 2017 Suntara Cosmetics is a leader in Perfumes, Personal care & Color Cosmetic products having head quarter in Dubai. Leading a team of packaging professionals, globally launched over 50 perfume products and assortment packs; established packaging systems with optimal effectiveness; developed and specified new and revised packaging; implemented process improvements with fast prototyping trials and on time Management Information System.
• With timely assessment of technical feasibility of packaging systems and proper coordination, reduced new product development time by 40% and ensured its successful implementation in the global market in alignment with launch requirements.
• Drove projects in both new product developments as well as assessed margin improvements on current packaging; created highly competitive and aesthetics-oriented packaging for perfume market, while working closely with associated departmental team members and suppliers.
• Developed new components like Glass Bottles, Plastic Closures, Cartons with key stakeholders. Manager Packaging Development HIMALAYA HEALTHCARE Aug 2007-Oct 2014 Himalaya Healthcare is an Indian MNC with Herbal based products range in Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Baby Care, and Health Food segments. Joined as executive and promoted as Manager to lead a team of professionals in packaging development for new product launches and ensure it meets the company’s specifications for performance and reliability by collaborating with interdepartmental teams, suppliers and testing services.
• Launched 31 products in Pharmaceutical, Skin care, Oral care, Baby care & Personal Care using different packaging formats in Rigid Plastics packaging – PET bottles, Glass bottles, closures, jars, tubes, blisters; Paper Packaging - carton, blister cards, labels, shippers & Flexible packaging materials – sachets, laminates.
• Optimized inventory, Improved production efficiency and product quality by redesigning packaging for 23 tablet products, reducing from 6 to 3 bottle SKU’s.
• Developed uniform company brand color shade cards across different printing processes and component substrates by systematically working with printers and ink supplier.
• Modernized packaging for existing products, giving the improved brand appeal which in turn, helped in increasing sales.
Officer New Product Development NEBULA HOME PRODUCTS LIMITED Feb 2006-Aug 2007 Nebula is a leading name in the field of manufacturing Monocartons, Blister cards and E-fluted cartons. Reporting to Managing Director, was accountable to assist in both, responding to customer briefs of projects, as well as driving customer-led product development, using innovative approaches
• Instrumental in developing packaging products for 6 new customers in Oral care, Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunication, Food segments including Colgate, Amar Remedies, Nestle, Kodak, D-Link and other. Officer Printing Production UFLEX INDUSTRIES Jul 2001-May 2005 UFlex is India’s one of the largest complete Flexible Packaging solutions company. Starting the career and quickly learning the skills of Gravure printing, became the youngest Printing Officer in the organization, handing a team of subordinates efficiently.
• Accountable for daily Gravure Printing production on dedicated printing machines and delivery of the printed material with Quality, Quantity and Waste Control. EDUCATION
• Post Graduate Diploma in Packaging Technology Indian Institute of Packaging 2005
• B.E in Printing Technology Pune University 2001 CERTIFICATES
• Post Graduate Diploma in Plastics Technology Indian Plastics Institute 2008
• Workshop on 3-D Printing Indo-German Tool Room 2019
• SolidWorks 2018 Indo-German Tool Room 2019