William S. Kalin
Mobile: 703-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/billkalin1 email@example.com
• Director and Global Program Management Office (PMO) professional with over 20 years of successfully providing international program management subject matter expertise for large-scale, highly complex IT programs and delivering on-time and within budget.
• Director and consulting services utilized for over 20 years by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
(DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the Federal Emergency Management Administration
(FEMA), the Department of State, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), and other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.
• Focused on developing and implementing an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) based international border security system to communicate between C4ISR networks, CCTV, radar and wireless, microwave, surveillance systems, and biometric systems.
• Lectured for the U.S. Department of State (DoS) in their International Visitor Leadership Program on Crisis and Disaster Management to global leaders.
• Member of the DoS Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) in the Middle East-Northern Africa
• Managed capital investments up to $125 million across agency technology/product portfolios.
• Management responsibility for over 125 employees and consultants including information technology, financial analysis, legal, contracting, engineering, and support personnel. Federal Government, International PMO Director, and Consulting Experience Washington, D.C. and Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) Ministry of Interior (MOI) November 2016 – May 2019 PMO Director, Border Security (Northern Border Security/NEOM) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Accountable for the oversight and delivery of a portfolio of strategic programs/projects to support the comprehensive business, financial, technology roadmaps, and security objectives of the client and their contractual requirements.
• Managed international multidisciplinary Program Management Office (PMO) staff of 27 to design, develop and deploy an ICT based system of 87 land and maritime-based camera, radar, CCTV surveillance systems, biometric, and supporting infrastructure into Joint Security Operating Centers
(JSOCS) in the KSA.
• Managed the program budgets, schedules and reports to meet contractual obligations to the client.
• Generated and managed identified risks and implemented mitigation strategies weekly.
• Developed and implemented evaluation criteria for functional, leading-edge and pioneering surveillance and border security technologies and solutions for use across land and airports of entry.
• Developed and managed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure program effectiveness of new surveillance and monitoring tools.
• Served as the primary liaison between MOI senior management, the prime contractors and sub- contractors to maintain communications, problem resolution and reporting.
• Created smart city security implementation and integration plans for the NEOM program to incorporate sensors, biometrics, cameras with radar data using Artificial Intelligence (AI) into secured operations centers.
• Accomplished a reduction of 20 percent of border staffing requirements on KSA northern border, resulting in a reduction of 8 percent in KSA salary value with the technology deployment.
• Management responsibility for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
• Developed and managed the Integrated Management Schedule (IMS) and Program Management Plan
William S. Kalin
703-***-**** Page 2 firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Department of Homeland Security November 2011 – November 2016 Senior Program Manager - U.S. Customs and Border Protection Washington, D.C.
• Managed the national roll-out for the ICT based architecture of the Border Security Deployment Program (BSDP) integrated intrusion detection, security system, motion detection, remote monitoring capabilities and a CCTV surveillance system at all land and airports of entry (LPOEs) across the USA.
• Created risk assessments and management recommendations for deployment locations of critical surveillance systems.
• Recommended and developed new technology strategies to improve the detection of illegal immigration, weapon and drug smuggling and individuals/items of interest.
• Conducted market and technical studies for advanced video analytics solutions for airports and LPOEs.
• Supported and managed the deployment of new surveillance and monitoring technologies to help reduce personnel costs at land ports of entry.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security September 2001 - November 2011 Senior Program Manager – FEMA and DHS Science and Technology Washington, D.C.
• Developed new governance and business processes for global information sharing policies and procedures to support data interoperability between local, state, federal and international law enforcement officials, intelligence units and first responders.
• Managed SDLC process to integrate information sharing between DHS Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO), FEMA Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) and the FEMA Commercial Mobile Alerting System (CMAS).
• Prepared and contributed to senior FEMA management communication strategies, Congressional hearings and industry and constituent presentations, white papers and policy guidance.
• Developed Cost-Benefit Analysis for multiple technology projects within FEMA.
• Evaluated vendors and technologies in support of DHS objectives for interoperable wireless
(SAFECOM) and emergency management communications within FEMA.
• Supported FEMA Chief Information Officer in a strategic management role for Open-Government capital planning, program management and agency liaison efforts to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and other partner agencies for surveillance and security services.
• Provided project management leadership to OMB personnel in creating a government PMO to support DHS initiatives for the President’s National Security Management Agenda.
• Directed team to implement Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 certification. Previous Program Management Work Experience – Details Provided on Request Qwest Telecommunications International, Inc.
Manager, New Product Development
MCI Telecommunications, Inc.
Manager, Wireless Product Development
M.S., Technology Management and Entrepreneurship
The University of Maryland, Graduate School of Management and Technology B.A., Government and Politics: International Relations The University of Maryland, College of Behavioral and Social Sciences Advanced Software Knowledge: MS-Office/Project/Visio, SharePoint, Skype, Zoom, JIRA, and EVM. Currently studying for the PMP certification.