Claire M. Wieser
email@example.com +44-746******* https://clairewieser.wixsite.com/clairewieser EDUCATION
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland Predicted Graduation Summer 2022 MA Cognitive Science (Humanities) European Marks: 63.4, Equivalency: USA B+ Blind Brook High School, Rye Brook, NY 2016 - 2018 GPA: 3.80 / 4.0 ACT: 32 / 36
Event Management, Greenwich Polo Summer 2018, Summer 2019 Greenwich, CT
• Participated in event setup bi-weekly.
• Operated customer service and information desk, as well as merchandise shop.
• Created opportunity for over $600 in sales per polo event. Course Organizing Assistant, Blind Brook High School Summer 2018 Rye Brook, NY
• Re-wrote a year’s worth of curriculum and created coursework for “Honors Shapers of the World”, a philosophy and literature course available at Blind Brook High School. Intern and Equestrian Instructor, La Academia Summer 2016 Bogota, Colombia
• Trained (in-saddle and ground work) horses for high-level competition.
• Instructed children from the age of 3-12 in horseback riding and equine care. VOLUNTEERING
Volunteer, Hogares Luz y Vida 2016 - present
• Introduce the mission (through presentations and events) of Hogares Luz y Vida, an orphanage for impoverished, abandoned, and disabled children through donations, outreach, and visitation.
• Fundraised over $68,000 for a state of the art stimulation-therapy room, respiratory center, ambulances, drip bags, and new shoes for children with disabilities. Volunteer, Endeavor Therapeutic Riding 2009 - 2018 Bethany, CT
• Assisted in equine therapy for less economically privileged and disabled children. LEADERSHIP ROLES
Secretary, Blind Brook Robotics Team 2016 - 2018
• Organized robot-building strategy and documentation for FIRST Robotics competitions.
• Built a robot that advanced to the FIRST Tech Challenge National Competition in 2017.
• Fundraised about $4,000 in funds to build robots, raise awareness of STEM and create events for young children interested in robotics.
President, Blind Brook Computer Club 2016 - 2018
• Ideated, designed, and pitched two cellphone apps designed for the elderly with a team of self- taught programmers, designers, and product developers.
• Won $500 and a trip to Google in 2017.
Interests: Equestrian Polo (NYTS Champion in 2016), Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, Marketing and Team Management, App Design and User Interfacing (Presenter for the University of Edinburgh Game Design Society in 2018).
Societies: Edinburgh University Cognitive Science Society, Game Development Society, Embedded and Robotics Society, Computer Science Society
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (advanced), Google Suite (advanced), Fast typing.