SYED UROOJ ALI
Email: email@example.com Mob: +971-**-*******
ACCOUNTS & FINANCE MANAGEMENT INTERNAL CONTROLS FINANCIAL OPERATIONS AUDIT PROFILE SYNOPSIS
Detail oriented professional experience in UAE in Accounting & Finance Management with expertise in financial and accounting operations including maintenance of books of accounts, finance and audits with established record of expertise in budgets, cash forecasts and MIS.
Insightful exposure to various facets of Finance & Accounts preparation of Profit & Loss statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow management, Payroll, Forecasting and Budget.
Skilled in driving Finance & Accounts operations to success by pursuing business alignment and strategically maximizing cost saving.
Proficient in recommending procedures with proven ability to achieve financial discipline and enhance overall efficiency of the organization.
Impressive, fast track management & career driven approach by accepting challenges and a desire to be successful in all endeavours, consequently accelerating team members.
Flexible with cross-cultural, multi-national teams ensuring optimal utilization of resources leading to overall increase in efficiency and productivity. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with proven abilities in team management and planning.
Experience in preparation of VAT related files and VAT return filling & ERP implementation.
Review, respond and action on internal audit reports. CORE COMPETENCIES
Planet Blue Marine Services (Dubai) UAE
Accounting Manager May 2019 to till date
Reporting to General Manager
• Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to the management.
• Bank reconciliation on monthly basis.
• Review monthly trial balance, passing month end closing entries, 2 P a g e
• Maintain the financial health of the organization.
• Analysing sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
• Oversee operations of the finance department.
• Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
• Liaise with banks and other parties when needed.
• Correspond with various other departments, discussing on company’s smooth operation.
• Reviewing Day-to-Day accounting activities.
Gulf Express LLC, A Subsidiary of Gulf Oil Middle East Limited, Dubai, UAE Finance Manager Oct 2016 to Apr 2019
Reporting to CFO
• Prepare monthly financial statements and finalization of Accounts at the year end.
• Monthly analytical reviews of financial statements, to look for and recommend changes that will improve performance.
• Monthly reviews of all journal entries and balance sheet ledger accounts reconciliations.
• Monitoring & Supporting on month-end year-end closing process.
• Reviewing VAT report for the accuracy and VAT filing.
• Developing and document business process to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Organize an orderly filing system, both electronically and in hard copy for all accounting records
• Liaising with and assist internal and external auditors in the performance of their duties.
• Assisting with designing and implementing of ERP system.
• In-house training of sub-ordinates.
• Perform ad-hoc task as and when arise.
Convenience Arabia LLC, Dubai, UAE Dec-13 to Sep-16 Accounting & Finance Manager
Reporting to Managing Director
• Produce timely & accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the user and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Preparation of full set of financial statement, income statement, cash flow statement, sales variance analysis, budget variance analysis & KPI’s.
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures.
• Maintain banking relationship.
• Bank reconciliation and accounts management.
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
• Fixed assets management, involved in decision making for capital expenditures.
• Manage multiple assignments efficiently while meeting tight deadline schedules.
• Assisting in year-end audit process, implementing recommendations to improve quality control.
3 P a g e
Ansar Mall (Sharjah & Dubai), UAE Nov 2004 to Nov 2013 Accounts & Finance Manager
Reporting to Managing Director/Chairman
• Preparation of Monthly MIS, financial statements, Annual Budget and review & timely submission of monthly Budget Analysis.
• Finalization, submission & review of Annual Statutory Accounts.
• Preparation of Cash Flow Statement and Forecast.
• Perform Monthly Bank Reconciliation.
• Maintaining relationship at appropriate levels with local and international banks for meeting financing requirements.
• Decision making for capital expenditures.
• Managing and supervising fiancé team and ensuring that competent staff is in place to meet all of the requirements for financial reporting & control. Responsibility in Real Estate Management:
• Liaison with Banks for Real Estate & Property loan, price negation, repayment tenure and other terms and conditions.
• Liaison with property management companies (approved by Banks) such as Better Home, Continental real estate, Cluton, negotiation for management contract terms & conditions.
• Handling and supervision for rental contracts, cheques, services contracts, and expense control.
• Preparation of documents to file case in case of tenants gets default.
• Coordinate with technical team for building maintenance. Handling all other related work.
Al Misehal Group of Companies, Riyadh Saudi Arabia Trading & Services Business as an “Accountant”
Master Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan
Manufacturing of Foam Products as an “Accountant / Import Manager” ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Master of Business Administration Preston University Karachi, Pakistan
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounts & Finance), Karachi University, Pakistan IT SKILLS
Specialized Accounting Software including Microsoft Navision, Dynamic AX, Great Plan ERP System, Sage Line 50, Tally 9. Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point, Outlook Express, HTML, Internet and Emailing PERSONAL DOSSIER
Languages Known: English (Fluent), Urdu (Native), Arabic (Basic)
Driving License: UAE Valid Driving License
Marital Status: Married