630-***-**** Email: email@example.com
HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONAL
Dynamic human resources professional with demonstrated expertise in Payroll Administration, Benefits/Compensation Administration, Recruitment/Selection, Training/Development, HR Policy, People Management, Process Improvement, and Strategic Planning. Creative and innovative thinker with effective management and goal setting abilities combined with superior leadership, team building, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment; communicate effectively at all levels; manage competing priorities; and adapt readily to new challenges.
The Center for Sleep Medicine-Established and maintained proper structures and processes to track time and attendance, vacations, STD/LTD and other activities resulting in efficiency gains. The Center for Sleep Medicine-Launched an Innovative Walking for Wellness Program where employees are rewarded for participating in walking challenges to improve health and wellness. The Center for Sleep Medicine-Initiated exuberant, creative methods to motivate employees by introducing customer service awards, Employee Appreciation Week, Peer Recognition and Employee of the Month. The Center for Sleep Medicine-Implemented new HR policies resulting in annual cost savings of $150,000 for individualized background checks and on-boarding procedures. The Center for Sleep Medicine-Improved recruiting and candidate experience by working with outside vendor to design and develop new hire on-boarding experience. RECENT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
The Center for Sleep Medicine, Mokena, IL 2016-Present HR MANAGER, Direct and manage HR-related activities for all employees across six locations. Perform challenging staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, mediating disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures. Manage the full recruiting life-cycle process which includes creating job specification, interviewing, extending and negotiating offers, and on-boarding. Manage the recruitment process including writing competency-based questions, interviewing and sending offers. Manage all day-to-day HR responsibilities, including salary/bonus planning, staffing, performance management, and reporting/analytics. Compensation management including performing and updating salary surveys and updating and writing job descriptions. Key highlights
• Conduct New Hire Orientation, exit interviews and leave of absences.
• Mediation and conflict resolution on employee issues using current policies and disciplinary actions.
• Subject matter expert on local, state and federal laws and policies.
• Contributed to the development and implementation of new policies and procedures based on corporate guidelines for HR Processes and Employee Handbook.
• Worked closely with management to determine staffing requirements, identified and recommended potential candidates for all facilities.
Harbor Light Hospice, Glen Ellyn, IL 2014-2016
LEAD INTAKE COORDINATOR, Well-versed on all medical records computer platforms. Adept at establishing strong rapports with patients, creating complete patient information files and coordinating insurance payment information for each patient. Served as central point-of-contact for those who were seeking services. Maintained an updated and organized database of the entire company caseloads. Key highlights
• Streamlined the admission process including communication improvements and marketing assistance.
• Resolved software migration issue to process and collect one million dollars in previously unbillable accounts. Harbor Light Hospice (continued)
GINA MAZZOLINI PAGE
• Assisted in verification of insurance claims such as Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, and private pay plan. Processed and submitted documents as required.
Linden Oaks Hospital, Naperville, IL 2011-2013
BILLING SPECIALIST, Maintained all billing for half-plus million-dollar tutoring service. Established and negotiated school contracts, communicated with school districts regarding services and managed payment and collections. Provided customer service, posted deposits, monthly financial reporting, daily patient charges, lockbox maintenance, assisted utilization review with patient appeals, insurance verification, data management and credentialing for Managed Care Group.
• Communicated with clients to review and verify client billing requirements.
• Created and implemented QuickBooks software for billing services.
• Developed contracts, letters and invoices for collection purposes. Good Save Award 2012 for paperless billing.
• Developed process workflow for tutoring billing services.
• Collected revenue that had previously been written off. Edward Hospital/Linden Oaks Hospital, Naperville, IL 2007-2011 PHYSICIAN CHART SPECIALIST, Created, maintained and implemented EMR, Excel reporting/spreadsheets, compliance auditing, physician record compliance, JACHO compliance, patient chart analysis, Release of Information, customer service.
• Reviewed medical records for completion and accuracy of provider’s information.
• Created Meditech reports for coding reimbursement process and to prevent errors from duplicate medical record numbers.
• Took initiative on completing discharge date accuracies and created Excel tracking sheets for chart processing. Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, IL 2005-2007
HR COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR, Employee file maintenance, employee license/certification compliance, new employee orientation, criminal background checks, postings jobs on application website, reference checks, Excel reporting, employee audits, position control, JACHO Committee member, Outlook Calendar management, customer service, work verification and eligibility, FTE budgeting management. Key highlights
• Completed reorganization of employee data records. Implemented new work verification/eligibility process compliant with Federal and State regulations.
• Developed new employee orientation process flow. Created Excel reports for employee compliance, developed process and achieved 98 percent employee license compliancy.
• Maintained records/data for over 4,000 employees. PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Science, Healthcare Management — Rasmussen College Continuing Education, Business Management — Kaplan University Associates in Science, Trauma/EMT — College of DuPage ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, Pallay Insurance, Mokena, IL 2013-2014 MEDICAL RECORDS ANALYST, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, IL 2001-2005 GINA MAZZOLINI PAGE
Shining Star — Aug 2015, Sept 2015, Oct 2014, Sept 2014 — Harbor Light Hospice Good Save — 2012 — Linden Oaks
Award of Excellence — 2011, 2010 — Linden Oaks
Cost Savings — 2007, 2006 — Central DuPage Hospital Above and Beyond — 2006 — Central DuPage Hospital
Teamwork — 2004 — Hinsdale Hospital