IGWE PRINCE CHIDI
LU1 3UQ Email Address email@example.com
Having graduated with a first-class in Computer Networking and a distinction in computer security and forensics, I am looking for a graduate role in Network Engineering, Network Administration and Network Security, where I can be granted the opportunity to utilize my skills in network design, configuration and troubleshooting. I believe my communication abilities both in the form of writing and speaking, together with my practical based degree will better equip me for a role within the IT Industry.
• Very determined to be productive
• Purpose driven and motivated to achieve result
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to details and strong analytical skills
• Innovative and problem-solving skills
• Project management skills
University of Bedfordshire, Luton (BSc) Oct 2015 – July 2017 Modules studied: Year 2- computer security and Countermeasures (A), Network Technologies(A), Networking (A), Wireless Communications and Networking (A) Year 3- Research methodologies and emerging technologies (B), Social professional (B), Advanced Networking (A), Obtained Result: First-Class
University of Bedfordshire, Luton (MSc) Nov 2018 – Feb 2019 Modules studied: Digital Forensics and Incident Response (A), Network Systems and Administration
(A), System and Network Security (A), Wireless Communications and Networking (A) Obtained Result: Distinction
CCNA Fundamentals Nov 2016 – March 2017
• Good knowledge of corporate networking protocols; DNS, LAN, VLAN and TCP/IP
• Basic configuration skills: Firewalls, Access Control
• Experience in routing and switching, with basic knowledge in routing protocols like OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2
(MSc Intrusion Detection Prevention Project) Oct 2018 – Jan 2019 Network Security Monitoring Using Security Onion as Security Operation Centre, SOC. Duties:
• setup a network comprising of a central security monitoring system (Intrusion Detection System). security Onion.
• Configure Security Onion to behave like an Intrusion prevention System.
• To Simulate attacks on the network to test the performance of the IDS.
• Investigate and analyse the report generated by the security monitoring System.
• Perform threat modelling on the network using STRIDE to discover vulnerabilities and to provide appropriate mitigation.
(MSc Investigation of Fault-tolerant Storage Systems Project) March 2018 – May 2018 Investigation of Fault-tolerant Storage Systems
• Provision of survey of fault tolerant file systems.
• Deployed a traditional network file system, NFS on a set of Linux servers.
• Deployed a Gluster File System on a set of Linux severs.
• Investigated their operations by copying files to and from the server.
• Analysed performance of the deployed file systems using performance measuring tool like Iozone.
• Detailed report with fully justified configurations drafted.
(MSc Paying with your face, Project) Quality Assurance Manager Jan 2018 – March 2019 Duties
• Identify and resolved issues arising from the ongoing artefact production.
• Inspect the finished products from the respective team members to check for defects or mistakes.
• Keep record of product test done, the defects noticed and then itemise the corrective actions to be taken.
• Keen observation of the production process of all the artefact and suggest ways on how to minimize error during and after production.
(BSc Email Configuration Project) Feb 2017 – May 2017 Email Configuration on Linux platform, using VMware Workstation. Duties:
• Investigate postfix and sendmail mail server.
• Install and configure services like DHCP, DNS and HTTPD
• Install and configure postfix mail server and the setup of basic network to test server operations.
• Implementing security measures using anti-spam and anti-virus software like the Spamassassin, clamAV virus detection respectively.
• Simulate an attack on the network by sending virus infected email as way of testing the email server performance.
• Collate findings create written assessment on identified threats TRAINING
Digital Business Analysis Oct 2018
• Hold accountability in gathering and documenting high-level and detailed requirements through EPIC, features and user stories. Evaluated master test plan and submitted feedback and sign off comments to the test manager
• Utilize use cases in the documentation of end-to-end user journey and system interaction with reference to business rules, system logics and conditions such as system messages, field details and validation tables
• Map the ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ processes using Microsoft Visio
• Document and prioritise functional and non-functional requirements (MUSCOW)
• Collaborate with user experience and graphic user interface (UX/GUI) designers in developing scamps, wireframes and screen designs in support with the registration, login and payment journeys
• Assess wireframe, screen design drafts and provide feedback to UX/GUI Design Team using wireframe and screen design review documents
• Health and safety Training
Gym exercise: In a week I make sure I visit the gym like thrice to keep fit. Reading: I read inspirational books a lot.
Available on Request