Debra Krassner • Writer • NY, NY
www.debrakrassner.com email@example.com 646-***-****
Award-winning, multi-voiced, multi-disciplined Senior Writer and Team Leader with experience in games, consumer products and packaging, e-commerce, interactive, TV, print, collateral and direct.
• SpongeBob SquarePants Team Writer from show’s inception.
• Key collaborator on SpongeBob’s multi-billion dollar retail success.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles consumer products Team Writer.
• Creator of SpongeBob’s ﬁrst daily Twitter Afﬁrmations.
• Winner of prestigious Industry Awards.
SPIN MASTER (CARDINAL GAMES) New York 2017 - Present Senior Copywriter
Concept original board games (licensed and unlicensed), write game questions and instructions (including Disney Color Brain, The Golden Girls Any Way you Slice It, Disney Memes), box copy, e-commerce, SEO, PowerPoint presentations, generate game names, work with legal for name and tagline trademark clearance
(includes performing preliminary searches on the United States Patent and Trademark Ofﬁce website), liaison to translations team (maintain database of translated instructions and box copy). WORDS by DLK New York 2015 – Present
Clients: Sesame Workshop • Iconix (Strawberry Shortcake) • Discovery Network • Toy Industry Association • Peanuts
NICKELODEON CREATIVE RESOURCES New York 1998 - November 2014 Director of Copy and Content 2006 - 2014
Properties: SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Fairly OddParents, Peter Rabbit, INVADER ZIM, Rugrats, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, Nickelodeon Wrote original copy and trained Nickelodeon staff and licensees on editorial voice for Consumer Products, Online, Interactive, Recreation, Promotions Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Advertising and Publishing. Created, edited and directed copy for Toys and Soft Goods, Style Guides, Creative Strategies, Fashion Guides, Interactive Game Design Documents and Scripts, TV Commercials, Print Ads, QSR Promotions, POPs and Book Manuscripts.
Supervisory responsibilities included recruiting, training and managing team of supporting copy and content managers and interns, as well as preparing and conducting annual performance reviews. Debra Krassner • Writer • NYC, NY www.debrakrassner.com page 2 NICKELODEON CREATIVE RESOURCES (continued)
• Chosen as go-to Writer for network’s two largest properties: SpongeBob SquarePants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
• Winner, iParenting Media Award Monopoly SpongeBob SquarePants Edition.
• Acknowledged as company-wide “SpongeBob savant,” with departments relying upon personal encyclopedic knowledge of show for clip, dialogue and toy recommendations.
• Maintained revenue stream and brand property integrity by partnering with Art Directors, Project Managers and Designers to create, review, and revise written materials.
• Offset ever-increasing copy and content workload by initiating recruitment of college interns. Senior Copywriter/Content Manager 2001 - 2006
• Winner, Ultimate Toy Award SpongeBob SquarePants Krabby Patty Station.
• Winner, Creativity Award All Grown Up Style Guide.
• Winner, Creativity Award Nickelodeon's Lowe's Paint Brochure. Freelance Copywriter/Content Manager 1998 - 2001
• First Writer hired for department.
• Published Writer at Rugrats Round the World Magazine (UK). LOWE AND PARTNERS (formerly Lowe Direct) New York 1997 - 1998 Senior Copywriter, Television and Print
Clients: Mercedes Benz of North America, Ameritech, Weight Watchers International DRAFT WORLDWIDE New York 1995 - 1997
Clients: Home Box Ofﬁce, Bausch & Lomb, Pharmacia and Upjohn Company EDUCATION
B.A. Journalism/Advertising Temple University Philadelphia, Pennsylvania AWARDS
iParenting Media Award Monopoly SpongeBob SquarePants Edition, Ultimate Toy Award SpongeBob SquarePants Krabby Patty Station, Creativity Award All Grown Up Style Guide, Creativity Award Nickelodeon's Lowe's Paint Brochure PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
Film and TV Professionals, Media and Entertainment Professionals, Advertising Copywriting, Nickelodeon Employees and Alumni