Nishin R. Sura
Have proven track record in execution of deliverables for new products from launch to end of life. Experienced with engineering operations, product marketing, channel marketing and sales enablement/support. Possess the right balance of technical and business skills required to interface with multiple disciplines. Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits. Have functioned as a key liaison between customers and technical teams. Career transitioned into entrepreneurship. Have a do what needs to be done mindset. Professional Experience
H-E-B To You Delivery Driver, Austin, TX Feb, 2018 to present Perform deliveries to customers located either in single family homes, multi-tenant units, and various office suites. Strict enforcer of the H-E-B's delivery policy. Have over 99% on-time delivery rate. Provide feedback on a regular basis to both H-E-B's driver dispatch and tech support teams suggesting ways to increase efficiencies, streamline processes and improve on on-time deliveries. Role has some level of customer service associated with it. Co-Founder Radial Connect, Austin TX June, 2013 to present Self-funded software services company that creates applications for the culinary space. Responsibilities include market research, business development, customer interviews, dev team on boarding/project management, user reporting, acceptance testing, investor outreach and customer acquisition and customer support. Built a team that consists of an application developer, web designer, social media marketing, account manager, PR firm and interns.
• Launched Book Here Cook Here Rev 1.0 in 2014. It is a SaaS application that enables shared-use kitchens to manage client and multi-resource scheduling. Secured 20+ Beta and 5 subscribed customers. Launched Rev 2.0 with new features and mobile support in July, 2016.
• Developed caterfox (caterfox.com), a SaaS application that helps restaurants and caterers easily process and manage back office catering orders. Secured Qdoba Austin franchise as key customer.
• Launched caterfox in March, 2017. Making architectural enhancements to support online ordering, payment processing and other new features in order to grow market traction and adoption.
• Developed caterfox Mailchimp email marketing campaigns for a list of ~2.5K subscribers.
• Delivered 100+ caterfox demos which converted to 40+ customer account sign ups. Freescale (Formerly Motorola Semiconductor) Austin, TX Distributor Technical Resource Manager 2008 – 2012 Core responsibilities included new product planning, demand generation, channel marketing and technical support for both Avnet corporate technical marketing and field sales teams for the Americas region. Developed technical training, refresh, on boarding and mentoring programs for 40+ Field Applications Engineers (FAEs). Supported
$100M - $150M in annual resales. Analyzed sales CRM data to drive FAE recognition/development and develop demand generation and new discovery programs for Avnet. Labeled by Avnet as the FAE's FAE.
• Grew active demand generation customer base for Freescale by 15% from 2010 – 2012.
• Co-owned annual Distributor FAE (DFAE) training event. Generated content development guidelines and co-developed 150+ hours of technical content. Training delivered to 120-140 DFAEs.
• Developed technical content for broad touch channel marketing programs. Examples included Technology Review magazine, print publications, vertical marketing campaigns, webinars and Avnet On Demand.
• Developed a new product launch planning tool for all internal sales and Avnet branches to drive demand creation. Conducted annual product planning sessions for 50% of the 40+ branches. Nishin R. Sura
• Launched ARM Cortex M4 Microcontroller (MCU) Speedway Design Workshop. Seminar ran in 20+ markets in Americas with average of 20 customer attendees per event.
• Sponsored Designing with ARM Global Strategies seminar series. Oversaw technical content review, marketing collateral, and local Sales/FAE support. Seminar ran in 40+ markets globally.
• Developed a situational sales tool template to help distributor account managers drive the new opportunity pipeline. As a result, the valid opportunity pipeline across 3 distributor partners increased by 25%.
• Made executive decision to withdraw platinum sponsorship from Xilinx X-Fest FPGA event. Decision saved Freescale $1M. Reallocated these funds to demand creation programs that delivered higher field impact.
• Launched Avnet Make The Move To Freescale Multi-core webinar series. Identified subject matter experts and webinar topics, and performed technical content review and coordinated webinar logistics and promotion. Webinars averaged 60+ customer attendees.
• Sponsored Avnet's Smart Energy virtual forum. Identified subject matter experts, webinar topics and developed content development guidelines and marketing assets for virtual booth. Performed technical content review. Freescale had 4 out of 5 top viewed technical webinars on event day. Product Marketing Manager 2000 – 2008
Global responsibility for product launches, life cycle management, design wins, revenue and gross margin for the PowerQUICC family of microprocessors that supported networking and communications applications. Responsible for various product lines that generated several hundred million dollars of annual revenues. Interacted with all disciplines both internally and externally.
• Drove portfolio consolidation to help streamline the manufacturing supply chain which removed the product line off supply allocation. As a result lead times were reduced by 50%.
• Launched new low end product versions that increased performance by 33%, reduced power by 20%, lowered cost by 15% and enhanced communications functionality.
• Introduced first 1GHz network and communications processor to the marketplace.
• Enabled win-back of key OEM customer with new high volume program that generated $10M annual revenue by creating custom embedded software specific for the application. Led the negotiations for the key terms and conditions for the software license agreement.
• Member of corporate WLAN IP acquisition team. Provided corporate strategy team competitive and market data to propose a new product with third party integrated wireless IP.
• Launched the next generation communications processor at Embedded Systems Conference.
• Developed a turnaround plan for a product family that was revenue challenged. Identified new customers and applications. Created marketing derivatives, reference designs and sales collateral. Secured 20+ alpha customers and grew design win revenue from $70M to $400M lifetime. Product Engineer/Manager 1990 – 2000
• B.S.E.E. University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ.
• Austin Tech Ranch Venture Forth Entrepreneur Program, May, 2014
• Familiar with Assembla, JIRA, Redmine and Trello project tracking tools
• Familiar with Agile Software Development Life Cycle
• Familiar with Mailchimp email marketing tool
• Experienced with OnFleet delivery app