OBJECTIVE: To be an effective marketing professional that will utilize abilities in developing, and
implementing marketing strategies that will effectively promote products and/or services. CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
o 10 years of intensive marketing experience with exposure in media, food/poultry, FMCG, retail and personal care industries.
o Doubled Bounty Fresh share of business to total company revenue by launching Laking farmfresh campaign.
o Brand & Trade marketing experience for imported brands (Lander, adidas personal care, Playboy Fragrances, Renuzit & White Rain).
o Responsible for Watson’s Private Label marketing and new product developments. o Pioneered the use of the celebrity endorsers (Richard Gutierrez and Anne Curtis) for HBC 360 degrees brand activation (thematic and tactical Advertising which includes TV, creative print, radio ad & below the line activation).
o Expanded HBC’s Men’s Care category by launching Grid Zero and Inigo. Additional new brands under HBC Men’s Care category.
o With a strong background in special events management and activations. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
June 2017 – Present: Head, Integrated Marketing Communications, ABS-CBN TVplus
- Responsible for increasing the awareness and building TVplus brand maximizing ABS-CBN ecosystem and different line of business (TV, Radio, Online and Brand alliance).
- Counterpart of ad sales team in selling TVplus advertising platform to clients. June 2014 – May 2017: Marketing Manager Bounty Fresh Food Inc: - Responsible for building Bounty Fresh Chicken as a household brand in the Philippines and in charge for value added products such as Chicken Nuggets, Top Torikatsu and other new products for pipeline.
- Launched Bounty Fresh “Laking Farmfresh” 2016 campaign (TV, radio, OOH, digital and trade promotions). Increased branded sales by 30% YTD, grew Bounty Fresh brand share of business from10%-15%.
- Authored plans and programs for the new retail business of Bounty Fresh - ready to go food stalls that integrate the farm to plate concept of the company. (Your favorite chicken meals on the GO).
- Responsible for new product innovation for both fresh and processed chicken as well as pricing.
- Aligned strategic in store promotions in different supermarket channels that contributed 20% on total sales.
- Created Bounty Fresh Poultry Stadium (dress up of fresh chicken display in the supermarket) boosts sales by 12% with different cooking and sampling events in the supermarket.
- Launched #DiskarteNaMayArte digital campaign that strengthen Bounty Fresh online leadership as Most Liked Chicken Brand in the Philippines.
- Initiated Bounty Fresh Disney Nuggets (the best twist in chicken nuggets) TVC to increase awareness of the products among end users.
- Launched Bounty Fresh Bountiful promo to increase sales participation of branded chicken – brand tie up with Nestle Maggi Magic Sarap and NutriAsia Mang Tomas (negotiated for FREE premium items), which resulted from 12%-20% sales participation of branded chicken.
- Executed Bounty Fresh cinema campaign that aims to establish Bounty Fresh Chicken as top of mind brand during holiday season. (46 SM cinema branches, for 1 month worth P1.25M investment vs P3.5M total media values).
A.R. B. POLINAR
#1 San Ponciano St., San Antonio Homes, Tandang Sora, Quezon City, Philippines Contact Details: +639**-***-**** / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promoted Bounty Fresh Disney Chicken Nuggets via school activation on Family Day, capturing not only the end users (kids) but also the decision makers (moms). (20 schools in Metro Manila)
- Executed product push for Bounty Fresh Nuggets through in store sampling with FREE GWP in selected Hypermarket – 120% increase on average offtake. August 2012 – December 2013: Unisell Group of Companies, Trade Marketing Manager (Ensure awareness and visibility of Unisell brands at the trade level, Conduct and cascade training to Merchandisers for planogram, & Collaborate with Sales and Marketing team to create trade activations to increase offtake).
- Project Grab Shelf – implemented the transfer and to have double display of planogram of Lander, adidas, PLAYBOY fragrances, Renuzit and White Rain products from imported to local category in SM Group.
- Created merchandiser incentive program, which increased Unisell brands presence in the shelves.
- Conducted training to SUB Distributors sales team to pipelined Unisell brands in general trade.
- Managed to reduce cost of merchandiser expense from P1.8M to P1.2M by having a consortium partnership while increasing the manpower coverage.
- Implemented Lander Value Communication program that highlighted brand’s price advantage that resulted to double-digit growth in offtake.
- Strong participation in Watsons activities - Skin Care highlight using Lander as hero brand (increasing sell in from P2.5M/mo to P4M/mo and offtake of the brand through in store promotion), Men Zone for adidas and Playboy fragrances with in store promo (shoot and win raffle), top shelf highlight and special display.
- Executed Lander Skin Care inventory through Lander bundling promotions (Lander 16.9 FREE 7.5oz and foot spa treat that has high inventory level in SM Supermarket). June 2010 – July 2012: Unisell Group of Companies (Sales and Marketing Distribution Company) – Sr. Brand Manager, Lander Personal Care, Coty Personal Care (adidas Personal Care and PLAYBOY Fragrances) and JFM (Hair Color for Men).
Launched Lander “Family-Sized Personal Care” campaign supported by TV, radio and digital campaign that resulted to 40% increased in nationwide offtake.
Initiated Lander Love ng Pamilya Poll, digital campaign to support the relaunch of the brand that now has 17,000 fans in facebook.
Created Lander below the line activation in order to strengthen Lander new campaign (Lander Family Day).
In charge of Lander New Product Development (local manufacturing sourcing), Product Research as source of new business, Pricing structure, Coordinate with the demand planning for PO and manage profitability of new products.
Brand tie up with adidas Retail (mother brand) and fitness first to strengthen adidas personal care equity.
Authored and Launched adidas action 3 (new functional lines of adidas personal care) that contributes 35% of total brand revenue.
Implemented adidas action 3 360 degrees brand activation (Nationwide Cheerleading Championship) that resulted to 38% increased in offtake.
Launched PLAYBOY Fragrances in the Philippines that increased COTY personal care business to 20%.
Activated PLAYBOY Fragrances Hotness Meter Campaign that includes trade activation and consumer promo that generated 66% boost in sales offtake and 102% improved in Watson’s offtake.
Less than 5 years in 5 seconds campaign for JFM, targeted communication plan that includes print ad in business section and activation in GOLF courses that resulted to brand double-digit growth vs. LY.
January 2009- December 2009: WATSON’S “YOUR PERSONAL CARE STORE” CATEGORY MANAGER
Created Brand Architecture for Watsons and Private Label Category. Development and Rationalization of Watsons Private Label brands.
Implemented strategic merchandising plan and placement of Watsons Private label. Increased Watsons Private Label in store visibility via special display/meter. Monitors monthly planogram, store inventory of Private Label SKU’s. Coordinate with Category Buyers and Space Planners for the proper placement of the products.
Sustained double digit growth vs. Last Year Sales thru weekly sales monitoring and close coordination with supply chain.
Negotiated higher margins and trade marketing support to suppliers and toll manufacturers that gives 15% increase in total profitability of the category.
Initiated monthly marketing campaigns in order to maximize A&P. Activations and Tie up with SM affiliates such as SM Department Stores and SM advantage card.
Proposed the OPLE Catalog in order to aid Sales Operation regarding Watsons House Brands.
Transitioned slow-moving SKUs to more triumphant formats to increase total line’s sales.
In charge of all NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS under PRIVATE LABEL CATEGORY. Feb 2008 – December 2008: HBC HOME OF BEAUTY EXCLUSIVES, INC. (Retail Outlet for Beauty Products) Retail Brand Manager for HBC
Led the used of celebrity endorsers for HBC thematic and tactical TV Ad.
Created strategic HBC Ultimate Make Over Mall Tour Activation.
Strategized overstocks depletion nationwide promo through “Exclusive Hits”, posted 30% decrease in inventory.
Implemented and sustained 2007 marketing programs and promos for HBC 15th year Anniversary, which include its 15th @ 15 Sale, launch of Exclusive 15th year GWP in store promo.
Spearheaded HBC Nationwide Sale (December Tatak Exclusibo 2007 and Summer Tatak Exclusibo Sale 2008) that attained 100% performance vs. target.
Implemented strategies to increase transaction count through local store marketing. (Strategic partnership to different establishment nearby the stores).
Monitor HBC 200 branches Store Operating Income (SOI) and proposed LSM
(localized store marketing) to increase revenue and profitability. July 2006 – Jan 2008: HBC HOME OF BEAUTY EXCLUSIVES, INC. (Retail Outlet for Beauty Products) Brand Manager, OHM (Overall Hygiene for Men, Grid Zero and Inigo)
Spearheaded the introductory launch of Grid Zero “Skin Care for Men in the tropics” through tactical print ad in FHM & Libre with free facial text promo and brand highlight in HBC store with GWP that posted 147% growth.
Followed by the launch of Inigo “Be a head turner! Don’t be head loser!” campaign through different in store POP’s and offer that surpass the 1st month sales target.
SKU rationalization for OHM. Phase out slow moving category (hair care and skin care) that resulted to development of two new brands.
Analyzes factors affecting the sales and profitability of the brand and formulates action plans, in close coordination with store operations and supply chain, to ultimately increase the sales and profitability of a brand/category.
Prepares product pricing, promotional and distribution strategies for a particular brand and identifies differentiators vis-à-vis competition and monitors competition.
Prepares sales forecast, monitors inventory and sales turn-over of assigned brands.
Prepares and submits monthly sales and profitability performance reports for the brand.
Coordinates cross-functional (sales, logistics and finance) teams to successfully communicate and implement in-market activities.
Conceptualizes and implements marketing-related programs and projects for in- store, local and store-wide activities.
Ensures that store operations personnel are provided with regular updates of the benefit features and selling points of new and existing products and are well informed of the mechanics and directions of how to implement a promo program. CONFERENCES/ SEMINARS/ TRAININGS ATTENDED:
Brand Couture Congress Marcus Evans, Suntec City Singapore Nov 2008
AsiaNovation Philippine Marketing Association June 2008
Merchandising Seminar HBC Inc. Nov 2007
Stand Out Mansmith and Fielders Oct 2007
The Marketing Code Philippine Marketing Association May 2007
AGORA CONFERENCE Philippine Marketing Association Nov 2006 WORK-RELATED EXPERIENCES:
Conducted a comprehensive market research and revitalizing marketing plan for an unknown bank
(World Partners Bank).
Developed a strategic marketing plan for a new entrant dog food brand in the market (UNIVET).
Crafted a comprehensive market research and revitalizing marketing plan for YEHEY.com AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
AGORA YOUTH AWARDS National Winner Philippine Marketing Association February 2006
Top 25 Marketing Management Trainee of the Philippines, MarkProf Foundation, Inc December 2005
1st place Big Idea Case Group Markprof Foundation, Inc. December 2005 CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
MarkProf Foundation President 2012-2014
MarkProf Foundation Executive Vice President 2011-2012
Philippine Junior Marketing Association Vice President Finance AY 2005-2006
New Era Junior Marketing Association Vice President Marketing AY 2004-2005
Scholarship & Youth Development Program Scholar AY 2002-2006 EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
2002-2006 New Era University
Bachelor of Science Major in Marketing Management
Recipient of Marketing Excellence and LEADERSHIP Award OTHERS Proficient in English and Filipino, Computer Literate (programs include MS Office and Windows Movie Maker)