PAUL E. WESTPHALL
281-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Pocatello, Idaho
MECHANICAL PRODUCT AND PROJECT ENGINEER
Always keeping the end user in mind in creating innovative and cost-effective electro / mechanical designs, saving companies millions of dollars in the R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing. Highly detailed self-starter and precision- oriented with commitment to completing all responsibilities in a timely, thorough manner, under no supervision. Effectively coordinate multiple activities within complex operations. Excellent Global interpersonal-communication skills in dealing effectively and harmoniously with all levels of management / personnel from diverse backgrounds. Over 22 US Patent and Several Invention Disclosures.
• Plastic Design
• Sheet Metal Design
• Electronics Packaging
• Plastic and Sheet Metal Tooling
• Machine Shop
• Automation Machine Design
• Modeling and Sheet Metal
• Management / Project Management
• Pro Engineer Creo Parametic 3.0
• AutoCAD 2018
• Supplier Interface
• SAP / MyPIM
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) (Compaq Computer Corporation) Houston, TX 12/1993 – 11/2019 Senior Mechanical Engineer / Designer
Utilized Pro Engineer to layout complete assemblies for the Industry Standard Server/Mainstream Group, including the detailing and designing of parts and assemblies, assisting in the plastic and sheet metal tool development, qualifying all parts prior to production release and establishing manufacturing procedures. Prototyped and debugged new parts / assemblies. Performed product life cycle testing, thermal design / qualification and full documentation review. Partnered with the manufacturing group throughout life of the product. Collaborated closely with global ODMs (Foxconn, Inventec, Wistron) on various products.
• Designed layout for low piece part count to reduce product cost $1 million over life span.
• Designed parts to reduce tooling cost, saving $100K.
• Estimated piece part and tool cost, both for hard and soft tooling to determine the lowest product costs.
• Reviewed competitors’ products to determine price points and competitive pricing, supported Marketing with quotes for large multi-million dollar orders to win business opportunities. JetFill Inkjet Printer Supplies, Houston TX 01/1995 – 12/1996 Director of Product Engineering
Full development of a new ink cartridge series used in the inkjet printer industry. Concept and design, plastic tooling development, prototyping and equipment automation used to fill, seal and test ink cartridges. Established product specification, efficiency studies, quota standards, qualification and maintenance of all products and their machinery.
• Designed 4 new product lines.
• Increased 1 conveyor line to 20 conveyor lines within two years.
• Increased production form $100K/month to $1M/month within two year. Prior Roles include Manufacturing and Procurement / Purchasing EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Coursework in Mechanical Engineering
University of Minnesota – Minneapolis, MN
Associate of Science
Machine Drafting and Technical Design
Dunwoody Industrial Institute – Minneapolis, MN
Project Management - Associate’s Certificate
George Washington University