ADEBOLA OPEYEMI SOKALE
A Drilling Supervisor with over 18 years oilfield work experience in drilling, completion and workover operations on several offshore jack-up, semi-sub, swamp and land rigs. As a strong team player, I have successfully managed rig teams as large as 120-150 personnel in each crew, from rig pre-mobilization to rig release on various projects, exhibiting 100% HSE commitment and excellent competency in coordinating rig operations with related offshore/ onshore logistics.
My drilling supervision experience covers several ERD wells with over 20,000ft depth, shallow/ deep kick-off points and high H2S concentration, achieving the wells objectives safely in record time and under budget. I also work as Area Manager for various SIMOPS projects in drilling, production and platform construction. Previous work as Well-Site Drilling Engineer, Directional Drilling & MWD/LWD Engineer provide me strong foundation in engineering analyses of real-time well data and recommendation of immediate responsive actions to resolve operational challenges, using best drilling practices.
I hold a B.SC degree in Geophysics from Obafemi Awolowo University and IWCF certification.
Senior Drilling Supervisor
ABU DHABI NATIONAL OIL COMPANY (ADNOC ONSHORE), UAE MAY 2015 – CURRENT
• Rigs Worked: ADNOC Drilling Rigs (Built by NOV & BOMCO)
• Completed cluster Z & S wells in DY Phase-III, 3 months ahead of project timeline, with zero hurt & zero spill, while ensuring full commitment of rig crews to 100% HSE.
• Worked overtime to supervise sister rig in recovering from a $10Mwell failure involving whipstock operations, fishing & stuck pipes, and reduced further operational risk exposure by critically analyzing the rig team’s failure on the well, informed findings to Drilling Operations Manager and helped gear-uprig team-building and crew morale into excellent rig performance, returning the well operations back to productive time.
• Supervised SIMOPS and several ERD wells with over 18,000ft depth, high H2S concentration, challenging hole conditions, and achieved the wells objectives safely and under budget.
• Installation of completion and GE VetcoGray, FMC & Cameron wellhead systems & Xmas tree.
• Preparation of rig -move roads and new locations – Cellar construction & conductor installation.
• Discuss ADNOC’s Life Saving Rules and Stuck Pipe Prevention Rules with rig crews on daily basis to ensure they are fully focused on them while executing daily rig operations; to prevent repeat of mishaps, and to adopt learning points from previous wells.
• Audit well control equipment on daily basis, perform safety tours daily and work with rig crews to ensure rig & well control equip are constantly maintained, and the environment is kept clean.
• Provide mentoring & constant field support to local trainee and newly hired drilling supervisors.
Senior Drilling Supervisor
HOBARK INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, NIGERIA JAN 2010 – APR 2015
• OPERATOR: ADDAX PETROLEUM (SINOPEC GROUP COMPANY), NIGERIA - OFFSHORE & ONSHORE OPS
• OPERATOR: SEPLAT PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, NIGERIA – ONSHORE OPS
• OPERATOR: ENAGEED RESOURCES (SAHARA ENERGY FIELD LIMITED), NIGERIA – ONSHORE OPS
• OPERATOR: OANDO ENERGY RESOURCES, NIGERIA. (QUA-IBOE PROJECT) – ONSHORE OPS
• Rigs Worked: Semi Sub Rig(Saipem Scarabeo-3), Jack-Up F&G Super M2 Class (Seawolf), Jack-Up LeTourneau Class 82 (Transocean High Island VII), & Land Rig Sinopec HPEB-187.
• Day-to-day supervision and coordination of rig-site operations from project start-up to rig demobilization; involving but not limited to Drilling, Completion, Work-Over, Logging, Wireline, Well Testing, Well Control, Whipstock, Batch-Drilling, Casing-Window Milling, Fishing, Sidetracks, Cementing, Plugback, Abandonment and Rig Move operations.
• Implementation of controls and processes as defined by operator’s HSE and operational policies in line with government regulations; thereby safeguarding POB, technical integrity of assets, in respect of drilling, completion and well intervention.
• Revision and coordination of SIMOPS with Production Supervisors during drilling campaign on producing platforms to ensure required work permit systems and job monitoring are in place.
• Application of Mud Motor, Rotary Steerable Tools and best hole cleaning practices in long horizontal holes with shallow kick-off, ERD wells, 3D-S profile wells & several deviated holes.
• Selection of effective techniques, BHA and equipment for the execution of well engineering and completion designs, to ensure drilling and asset teams’ geological/ geophysical objectives are attained safely without NPT & LTI.
• Drilling supervision of several wells in depleted, normal and high pressure reservoirs on various development, appraisal & exploratory wells.
• Installation of GEVetcoGray, Aker Solutions & Dril-Quip single/ splitter wellhead systems & Xmas trees.
• Supervision of well completion programs involving installation of various hydraulic & weight set packers on single selective, dual-string multiple zones completions in cased and open holes.
• Supervision of rig logistics, supply vessels/ trucks movement within the exclusion of the drilling rig and liaison with logistic base to communicate future supply / backload requirement.
• Timely call-out of specialist service personnel and required equipment to ascertain uninterrupted rig-site operations and maintain cost effective operations with timely backload.
• Preparation of drillers’ game plans, 6-day operational forecast, daily drilling reports, casing run tallies, cementing calculations, review of drilling/ completion programs, and coordination of daily operations conference call with Drilling Operations Superintendent &Shore base team.
Oando Energy Resources, Nigeria (Akepo Project) Oct 2009 – Dec 2009
Rig Worked: Jack-Up LeTourneau Class 82 (Noble Lloyd Noble).
• Initiated project operations start-up, planning and drilling engineering support for Akepo-1ST.
• Onshore evaluation of third party completion tools vis-à-vis optimization of completion design, to achieve a defined scope and procedure for the workover and completion job.
• Pre-mobilization QA-QC and on-site pre-run checks of completion tools.
• Rig site supervision of the selective dual string multiple zone completions, wireline logging, DST/TCP, gravel pack, well testing, well control, rig move and demobilization operations.
• Installation of downhole tools for temporary/ permanent abandonment, zonal isolation and re-completion / workover operations.
Night Drilling Supervisor
ADDAX PETROLEUM (SINOPEC GROUP COMPANY), NIGERIA OCT 2007 – JULY 2009
Rigs Worked: Jack-Up (Transocean/ GSF High-Island IX and KCA Deutag SongaTellus/ Ben Avon), Land Rig (KCA Deutag T-209).
• Daily management of well program, game plans and rig site operations & logistics at night.
• Monitoring& engineering analyses of real-time well data, mud properties and recommendation of immediate responsive actions to solve operational challenges, using best drilling practices.
• Optimization of drilling and operational performance, and compliance with HSE standards.
• Daily review of well program changes and operational progress with Day Drilling Supervisor.
• Preparation of daily drilling/ completion operations reports and 24-hour operations forecast using DIMS, Landmark and Openwells.
• Provision of guidance / mentor role in training Wellsite Drilling Engineers.
• Ensured Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) is routinely carried out on rig equipment.
Well Site Drilling Engineer
ADDAX PETROLEUM (SINOPEC GROUP COMPANY), NIGERIA FEB 2006 – SEPT 2007
Rigs Worked: Jack-Up (Noble Tommy Craighead and Transocean/ GSF High-Island IX).
• Provided support to Shore-Base Drilling & Completions Engineers for well design and AAR.
• Ensured Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA-QC)of equipment on rig site and accuracy of drilling/ completions data acquired on-site, as well as provided charts of well performance for daily review.
• Prepared daily rig operations reports and verified accuracy of service job tickets.
• Captured NPT, lessons learnt and best practices during the execution phase of the drilling program, to ensure lessons are incorporated in successive drilling programs.
• Evaluated opportunities to reduce cost of the drilling campaigns and provided support for finding methods to improve Community Health Safety & Environmental performance.
Field Services Coordinator (DD & MWD)
DRILLOG PETRO-DYNAMICS, LAGOS, NIGERIA OCT 2005 – JAN 2006
Operators Assigned: Chevron, ExxonMobil, Addax Petroleum and Pan Ocean.
• Provided operators with shore-base drilling support services; from planning phase of horizontal & deviated wells to rig-site execution of directional and MWD/ LWD services.
• Evaluate with client Drilling Engineer, the directional plan, bit selection, hydraulics, BHA and tools required to achieve the well objective.
• Reviewed daily operational progress with clients’ onshore-base Drilling Superintendents and developed end of job reports.
• Improved teams HSE & operational performance, and kept safety and service quality high.
Directional Drilling & MWD/ LWD Engr
DRILLOG PETRO-DYNAMICS, PORT HARCOURT, NIGERIA JUN 2001 – OCT 2005
Operators Assigned: Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), ExxonMobil, Addax Petroleum, Pan Ocean and Chevron Nigeria.
Jack-Up Rigs Worked: Transocean Trident VI, GSF Adriatic VIII, Roy Butler, Lloyd & Ed Noble.
Deepwater Rig Worked: Deepwater Discovery. Swamp Rigs Worked: Parker-73 and Parker-75.
Land Rigs Worked: KCA Deutag T-43 and Suffolk-103.
• Provided Directional surveys and Real-time/Memory LWD field services using GE-Tensor & Halliburton-Sperrysun MWD/LWD tools.
• Checked data quality and provided log Interpretation expertise (GR, Resistivity, Density/ Porosity, Caliper) to Drilling Supervisors and Directional-Drillers.
• Ensured assigned junior personnel received training.
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, NIGERIA B.SC (APPLIED GEOPHYSICS)
• Application of Ground Penetrating Radar and Seismic Methods in Environmental Geophysics (Unpublished Research Work).
CERTIFCATIONS, TRAINING & COURSES ATTENDED
• International Well Control Forum (IWCF) Certification, Drilling Supervisor/ Level 4.
• ERD Wells Stuck Pipe Prevention & Risk Reduction – Merlin ERD.
• MWD Formation Evaluation & Wave Propagation Resistivity Course. GE Energy, Texas USA.
• H2S Awareness & Escape – ADNOC, Abu Dhabi.
• OpenWells & DIMS Training – Landmark Digital Consulting Solutions.
• Customer Cementing School Training – Halliburton Energy Services.
• Rig Based Training: Rig Systems & Equipment, Mud Engineering and Cementing.
• Drilling Office Power Plan Training – Schlumberger Information Solutions.
• Directional MWD Course– PDL, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
• Well Planning & Directional Drilling Course –PDL, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
• BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training) – M & O Blisston.
• HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training) – M & O Blisston.
• First Aid, Fire Fighting& Prevention Course – ADNOC, Abu Dhabi.
• Basic Survival & Safety Swimming Skills Course – Blue Island Ltd.
• Available on request