E-Mail:email@example.com ; Contact: 978-***-****
Address : Old No 8 / New no 6, 6/6,1
Street,SREENATH FLATS, K.V.Colony, West Mambalam, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India – 600 033
Mobile No : 0091 - 978-***-****
Mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Diploma in Electrical Engineering in Sankar Institute of Polytechnic ( 1980-1983 ) Sankarnagar, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu
Completed Lead Auditor course in Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015) duly certified by BSI Management Systems, Chennai
Completed Lead Auditor course in Environment Management System (ISO 14001:2015 ) duly certified by BSI Management Systems, Chennai.
Completed Lead Auditor course for OHSAS ISO 45001:2018 duly certified by BSI Management Systems, Chennai .
TENURE ORGANISATION DESIGNATION
June 2015 – Till date M/s Siemens India, Chennai Sr.Engineer – Site QC Sep’2007-April 2015 M/s Ansaldo STS Signalling ProjectQuality-Engineer Transportation Systems, Bangalore
Jan’2005-Aug’ 2007 M/s Elgi Electric Industries Ltd., Engineer - Quality Coimbatore,India
July’1999-Dec’2004 M/s Alstom Projects India Ltd., Engineer - Quality Coimbatore,India
May’1985-June’1999 M/s SCL,Harita,Hosur., Asst.Foreman-Quality Professional Preface
A competent QA/QC Professional with 34 years of experience Railway products and Signaling projects which includes
• Documenting, Implementing and Auditing ISO 9001/OHSAS-18001/ISO-14001 Management systems for Signaling projects in India,
• Auditing ISO 9001:2008 for Malaysia and Taiwan Metro signaling projects.
• Handling QMS/EMS/OHSAS External Certification agency such as BVQI, LRQA and INTERTEK & BSI in India during Surveillance and Certification Audits.
• During Tendering phase, preparation of Quality Assurance plan and Quality Control plan for Indian and European projects.
• Preparation of Quality Status Report and reporting about status of QMS/OHSAS/EMS to Top Management during MRM.
• Assisting for Management review meeting and ensuring the systems are in place.
• Conducting supplier audits based on ISO 9001:2008 Management system . QC experience
• Performing Installation Completion inspection (ICI) for Track circuits / Signals / Point machines / Sync loop / Indoor equipment – FMC & WMC / JBDB / Marker Board of Chennai Metro Rail Signaling project as per ICI document given by Siemens, Germany.
• Performing Incoming / Inprocess / Final Testing of various types of Railway Signaling relay and Signaling Point machine as per IRS/BS standards.
• Performing Incoming / Inprocess inspection for Power converter assembly for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation project as per MELCO check list. Abroad Training
• Trained in QC field at MELCO, Amagasaki, Japan for Power converter assembly of Rolling stock used for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) project.
• After successful completion of training, obtained authorization for Final clearance of Rolling stock power converter assembly.
• Trained in Inspection of Crimping process by MELCO personnel. Unrestricted
Interaction with Foreign nationals
• Worked along with MELCO Japanese inspectors for 4 years during Inprocess and Final inspection of Rolling stock power converter assembly for DMRC project. o Have good interaction with Britain / Malaysia / France / Italy / Saudi / Taiwan / Australia personnel during Internal Quality meetings. Interaction with External Auditors
• Have good experience in handling external auditors from BV / Intertek / LRQA/BSI Management System.
At M/s Siemens India (Pvt) Ltd.,Chennai ( 01.06.2015 – Till date ) In Chennai Metro Rail Project,the following SITE - QC responsibilities are handled by me.
• Pre-installation checks
(a) Ensuring availability of Controlled copies of latest approved drawings, Bonding plan, Cable plan, BOC and Method Statements at site .
(b) Ensuring correctness of materials and their quality.
(c) Ensuring availability of required tools
(d) Ensuring availability of competent manpower
• Monitoring during Installation
(a) Ensuring work is carried out as per Method statement through internal audits.
(b) If any abnormality found then initiate corrective measures if necessary.
• Final Check of Installation (Internal)
(a) After completion of installation of all equipments such as Signals, Point machine,MDB, Track cicuit, Floor Mounted Cabinets,Wall Mounted Cabinets,Sync Loop, PTI Loop checking them as per Installation Completion Check List ( ICI )and Bonding plan.
(b) After ICI, giving clearance for inspection by CMRL representative.
(c) Have Joint inspection with CMRL representatives before commissioning of stations.
• Verification of correctness of ICI documents before sending to Siemens, Germany.
• Taking actions to close NCRs raised by Siemens, Germany with the help of Sub contractors.
• Taking actions to close NCRs raised by BSI Management Systems during their surveillance audit.
• Preparing Rejection Advise for Indian/ Imported items and arrange to send the faulty items to respective suppliers.
• Raising NCR on Sub contractor if any deviation found during Site QC inspection on Installation.
• Ensuring Calibration of all test equipment are within Cal due.
• Leading Quality team during External Audit by BSI, Chennai. At Ansaldo STS,Bangalore ( Sep 2007 to 30.04.2015 ) Riyadh Metro project
Deputed as Project Quality Engineer for Riyadh Metro project for 1 year to handle the following.
• Coordinating with ANM Consortium QAQC Manager regarding QAQC activities of Signaling and Rolling stock.
• Attending RMTC – QAQC meetings along with ANM QAQC Manager.
• Preparation of Quality Assurance plan in line with Riyadh Metro QA scope and merging with Civil scope.
• Preparation of Quality Control plan in line with Riyadh Metro QC scope and merging with Civil scope.
• Organising for ITP for each testing element by coordinating with Engineering /Construction Managers at Italy.
• Organising with Procurement Manager – Italy to obtain FAT certificates from different suppliers.
• Preparing Internal Audit schedule.
• Preparing Internal Audit check list.
• Performing Internal Audit based on Project Management plans.
• Raising NC if any deviation with reference to Management plans.
• Attending Global Project Management meeting conducted by Project Director – Riyadh Metro.
Indian Railway Signaling projects/Metro projects
In India, handled the following major projects with respect to QA scope.
• Mumbai Mono Rail project ( $ 4 million )
• Kolkatta Metro Rail Corporation project ( $ 45 million )
• Navi Mumbai Metro project ( $ 170 million )
• Modernization of North Central Railway Signaling and Telecommunication project between Ghaziabad and Kanpur section with Solid State Interlocking which includes 47 stations and 9 yards ($ 50 million )
• Implementation of Track Protection Warning System project between Delhi and Agra for 190 Kms ( $ 6 million )
• Implementation of Track Protection Warning System in EMUs between Chennai Central and Gummudipundi section ( $ 3 million )
Project QA responsibilities for the above projects are given below. a) Preparation of Quality Assurance Plan and Quality Control plan for both SSI Signaling projects and Metro projects based on Contract requirements. b) Reviewing of PQP of various Subsystems such as SCADA,PSD, OCC,FLDC, ICCS, Third Rail etc…for Metro projects from respective Suppliers before sending to Customer approval. c) Incorporating all amendments and revisions in Project Quality Plan and Site QC Plan . d) Verifying Inspection Test plans such as Factory Acceptance Test plan,Site Acceptance Test plan/System Integration Test plan prepared by T&C team with reference to Contract requirements.
e) Verifying Subsystem Work Method statements of Sub contractor before starting of installation work.
f) Monitoring implementation of QAP,QCP, Sub contractor PQP, Method statements, Inspection Test plans, Quality Control Check list through internal audits. g) Controlling all modification and non-conformance reports and undertake remedial actions.
h) Identification, analysis and resolution of Quality issues in coordination with relevant functionaries .
i) Ensuring calibration system alive during the project implementation. j) Maintaining and Controlling of Quality Records from Suppliers, FAT,SAT and System Integration Testing.
k) Preparing Quality Status Report (QSR ) and presenting during Management Review meeting.
l) Taking action/follow up to close all NCs raised during Audits and Customer complaints. QMS/OHSAS/EMS Systems Implementation in Signaling projects a) Assisting organization in development, implementation and Auditing of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Environmental Management system. b) Preparing IQA schedule
c) Conducting Audits as per plan
d) Preparing IQA reports .
e) Raising NCs if any deviation found during audit. f) Follow up all Management personnel to close NCs at the earliest. g) Leading QA team during External Agency Audits.
At Elgi Electric Industries (Pvt) Ltd.,Coimbatore (Jan 2005–Aug 2007 ) QAQC Responsibilities
a) Preparing Product Quality plan, Inspection plan, Work instruction for Receiving inspection, Supplier visit regarding Vendor approval and Maintaining QMS in the Receiving area as per organization procedure.
b) Handling RDSO, Bangalore for Final testing of Motors and Point machines. c) Monitoring calibration status of all Mechanical and Electrical instruments through Master list of Instruments .Sending the instruments to Approved calibration agency such as ETDC, PRICOL and arranging for payments. Verifying the Calibration certificate for the usability of instuments.If the instrument’s reading is not with in specified limits given in IS Standard, then scrapping the instrument.
d) Planning and conducting QMS internal audits at regular intervals. Performed >25 Internal audits which includes Production, Procurement, Marketing, Maintenance, Human resource and final testing.
e) Leading Quality team during External Agency Audit such as BV / INTERTEK. f) Identifying Non conformities and following Auditee to close the Non conformities raised during internal audit/External Agency Audit.
At ALSTOM Projects India Ltd.,Coimbatore ( July 1999 – Dec 2004 ) Receiving Inspection
a) Preparation of Product Quality Plan
b) Preparation of Inspection planning sheet for critical components of Signaling relays, Point machines and Power converters.
c) Conducting inspection on receiving components from various suppliers d) Raising Non conformity report for rejected components. e) Maintaining calibration of all instruments used during inspection f) Maintaining QMS (ISO 9001) for receiving inspection as per Organisation procedure g) Leading Quality team during External Certification Agency such as BVQI and LRQA and MELCO Audit
h) Preparing QSR data and presenting during MRM.
a) Verifying the process as per check sheet given by MELCO for DMRC project and approving the process.
b) Verifying crimping process as per approved document given by MELCO. c) Conducting destructive test for crimped wires on sample basis . Final Inspection
a) Performing final Testing of Signaling relays and Point machines. b) Arranging for RDSO inspection for relays and Point machines. c) Offering Power converter frames to MELCO personnel after verification. d) Verifying and approving Power converter frames before dispatch. QA training at Japan
a) Went to MELCO,Amagasaki,Japan for QA training in Power converters b) Obtained authorization from MELCO to stamp Power converter before dispatch to DMRC project.
Monitoring calibration status of all Mechanical and Electrical instruments through Master list of Instruments .Sending the instruments to Approved calibration agency such as ETDC, PRICOL and arranging for payments. Verifying the Calibration certificate for the usability of instuments. If the instrument’s reading is not within specified limits given in IS Standard, then scrapping the instrument.
Quality Management System
a) Assisting organization in development, maintenance, implementation and control of Quality Management System i.e. ISO procedures and documentation. b) Preparing Internal Audit Schedule.
c) Conducting Internal Audits as per schedule
d) Preparing Internal Audit reports .
e) Raising NCs if any deviation found during Audit. f) Leading QA team during External Agency Audit such as LRQA. g) Follow up responsible persons of different functions to close NC raised by LRQA by implementing Corrective Actions.
h) Preparing QSR data and presenting during MRM.
At M/s Sundaram Clayton Ltd.,Hosur ( May 1985 to June 1999 ) Incoming inspection
• Preparing Product Quality plan
• Preparing Inspection plan
• Preparing Work instruction for Receiving inspection,
• Auditing Supplier for Vendor approval process
• Maintaining QMS in the Receiving area as per organization procedure.
• Taking Corrective and Preventive actions for Vendor rejection
• Monitoring calibration status of all Mechanical and Electrical instruments through Master list of Instruments .
• Sending the instruments to Approved calibration agency such as ETDC,Bangalore for calibration.
• Verifying the Calibration certificate for the usability of instruments. Final Testing
• Final Testing of Signaling relays and Point machines
• Arranging for RDSO inspection of relays and Point machines
• Performing final testing of relays and point machines in presence of RDSO,Bangalore
• Arranging for Inspection certificate for the products inspected by RDSO, Bangalore Monitoring Measuring equipments
• Preparing Mater list of instruments which include both Mechanical and Electrical.
• Sending the instruments to approved calibration agency such as ETDC,Bangalore
• Verifying and maintaining all Calibration certificates
• Ensuring Calibration stickers in Calibrated instruments.
• Identifying and scrapping the defective instruments Type Approval
• Arranging for RDSO,Bangalore inspection of relays and Point machines for Type approval
• Visiting RDSO,Lucknow for handing over the Type approval products.
• Monitoring the results of Type approval product.
• Obtaining Type approval certificate
• Visiting Customer sites/depots for attending Customer complaints in Relays and Point machine.
• Sending back the defective materials at Railway stores to Factory for taking necessary corrective action
• Monitoring closing of Customer complaints.
Areas of Expertise
Conversant with Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2008) and OHSAS 18001 Management system.
Vast experience in Internal Auditing of various processes both in Manufacturing and Project Management sector as per QMS and OHSAS standard.
Leading QA team during audits conducted by External Certification Agencies for Certification and Surveillance.
Good exposure in QAQC process of manufacturing of Railway Signaling relays and Point machines .
Good exposure in QAQC process during assembling Power converter for Rolling stock.
Good exposure in Site QC inspection of Metro Signaling installation.