Executive Assistant / Office Manager / Business Support
B.A.(English Literature) from University of Rajasthan, 1989
New Delhi, India https://www.linked.com/in/sudmen/ EXPERIENCE
Executive Assistant to Managing Director
Abu Dhabi Investment Council
Sovereign Wealth Fund of UAE
12/2007 – 06/2018 Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Being part of a team from different parts of the world with diverse languages & cultures, the learning was quite enriching.
• Being a new entity when I joined, was a part of the team entrusted with the responsibility in putting up systems and controls in place.
• Inter-connected all business units with the support groups to make the entity into a cohesive unit.
• Plan & Prioritize the evolving workload of the boss, ensuring that optimal progress is maintained with both short-term and long-term responsibilities.
• Office administration & facilities management.
• Resolve conflicting agenda items whilst protecting future working relationships by appropriate level of assertiveness & diplomacy.
• Support the MD in managing costs/expenditure by performing procedural checks and researching all variances to determine the cause and initiate corrective actions needed.
Executive Assistant to Chairman
Damac Group LLC.
Largest Private Property Developer in UAE
12/2005 – 11/2007 Dubai, UAE
• Being attached to the Chairman of the largest private property developer, I was challenged with extreme working conditions having tight schedules & travel and achieved the desired results.
• Minimize potential problems by performing an autonomous review of issues arising during the absence of the Chairman and determine the appropriate area/ person to deal with the situation and advise them accordingly.
• Based on the initial briefing, planned & organised appropriate arrangements for large & high impact conferences/meetings.
• Continuously worked with appropriate contacts within & external organizations to obtain information & collate, analyze & presented results with the supporting rationale and back-up data.
Executive Assistant to Executive Director
Bennett, Coleman & Co.Ltd. (The Times of India Group) Largest daily Newspaper in the World
2003 – 2005 New Delhi, India
• Got rich exposure to the Media World.
• Primary research including collecting all relevant details about any information was compiled & corroborated by me.
Executive Assistant to Managing Director
Spice Communications Limited
Mobile service provided in Punjab Circle, India
2001 – 2003 Chandigarh, India
• Mobile communication was in its infancy when I joined Spice and it was a new field for me also. Got to learn about the Telecom industry.
• Was a part of the top management team and was responsible for communicating the business strategy to all business departments and following-up on the implementation of the same.
• Within two years, the customer base grew three times and the team was lauded by the promoters.
Executive Assistant to Country Manager
Japanese Multinational Company
1987 – 1993 New Delhi, India
Executive Assistant to Director (Public Affairs)
Monsanto India Limited
US Multinational giant in Agri business
1994 – 2000 New Delhi, India
• Dealing with government officials, scientists & activists. STRENGTHS
Earning Trust of Others
Listen attentively, speak candidly and
treat others respectfully.
Focus on the key inputs and deliver
them in the right quality within the
Never stop learning and always
seeking to improve myself. Curious
about new possibilities and taking
action to explore it.
Crafting Impact Presentations
Assertive & Diplomatic
Resolute & Firm (When required)
A DAY IN MY LIFE
A Brisk walking for 1 hour
B Researching Industry Trends
D Strategizing & supporting the
E Communication, Implementation &
G Spending time with family
H Cooking & Music – My stress
MY FAVOURITE BOOKS
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
The Black Swan
First, Break All The Rules
New Delhi, India.
I would like to express my strong interest in pursuing a job in your organization. Through this letter, I hope to highlight my personal attributes and motivation that I believe will help me to be successful in your company.
I have had a distinguished career and have always been associated with the top management. Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent organizational ability, I have a proven ability to deliver in a business support role, working with multifaceted and multi-skilled individuals in an organization.
My interactions with top executives in various industries have sharpened my presentation, communication, and teamwork skills. I have the ability to manage and direct people with diverse cultural awareness and sensitivity, ability to motivate and develop team members to their full potential. Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and I am self-motivated & enthusiastic, I am a result-orientated team player.
I believe that my educational background and work experience, complemented by my work ethic and people skills, will help me succeed in your organization. A copy of my resume is attached to this letter. Please feel free to contact me for further questions. Thank you for your time and consideration.
• Currently working as Executive Assistant to Managing Director with Ideal Infrapromoters Private Limited, a leading real-estate company in New Delhi since July 2019.
• Working as Executive Assistant to Managing Director with Abu Dhabi Investment Council, one of the largest Sovereign Wealth Fund in Abu Dhabi, for 12 years.
• Worked as Executive Assistant to Chairman with Damac Holding Co.LLC, at Dubai for 2 years. This company is the largest private property developer in the Middle East.
• Worked with The Times of India, the world's No.1 newspaper, as Executive Assistant to the Advisor (Executive Director) to the Company for 2 years.
• Worked with Spice Communications Limited, New Delhi as Executive Secretary to the Managing Director. Spice Telecom is the leading cellular services provider in the entire Punjab for 1 year.
• Worked with Bharti Televentures Limited (Bharti Airtel), New Delhi as Executive Assistant to Director HR for two years.
• Worked with Mitsubishi Corporation, New Delhi as Assistant to Country Manager for 6 years .
• Worked with Monsanto India Limited, Mumbai as Executive Assistant/Executive-Public Affairs attached with the Director-Public Affairs/Chairman’s Office for 6 years. Monsanto is the world leader in the field of biochemicals and life sciences. Principal Accountabilities
• Plan & prioritize the evolving workload for the MD’s office, ensuring that optimal progress is maintained with both short term & longer term essential responsibilities.
• Adjust priorities as needed to ensure that all results are produced to the required standard & all timelines are achieved.
• Manage the office in an efficient & courteous manner ensuring that all visitors/calls, from internal & external customers, at all levels of an organization, are dealt with appropriately.
• Administration & Facilities Management looking after various buildings of the Managing Director, rent collection, utilities’ repair & maintenance, timely payment of utility bills.. Laisioning with the government authorities for obtaining permissions for Sudhir Menon
New Delhi, Mobile No. +91-817**-*****
• B.A. from University of Rajasthan, Jaipur (1989) rebuilding/repairs etc.
• Arranging and finalizing Office Supplies, Travel Agents, Car Rentals, Visa etc.
• Managing the Office Driver (3 Nos.) and personal drivers (6 nos.) by deputing work and keeping their time schedules.
• Managing the Farmhouse of the MD. Managing the staff/workers deputed there, paying their salaries timely, Visas, Boat and Jet-Skis, facilities management, dealing with government organisations related to all licences for farmhouses.
• Establish requirements/cause of issues and determine & initiate the necessary actions, involving relevant departments as needed in order to achieve the required result for all parties. This includes keeping the customers informed on the actions taken & outcome achieved, as needed.
• Minimize potential problems by performing an autonomous review of issues arising during the MDs absence/vacation and determine the appropriate area/person to deal with the situation & advising them accordingly.
• Organize the MD’s agenda by proposing & scheduling events in the most effective way to support the MD in the achievement of his objectives, whilst accommodating the requirements of the other parties involved.
• Resolve conflicting agenda items, whilst protecting future working relationships, by using an appropriate level of assertiveness & diplomacy when re-prioritizing actions.
• Plan ahead & develop a cohesive travel itinerary for MD ensuring that all required factors are incorporated.
• Use all available internal & external resources to co-ordinate the most effective international travel, accommodation & entertainment arrangements to meet the requirements of the MD & his guests. Communicate all relevant details to involved parties.
• Based on an initial briefing, plan & organize appropriate arrangements (venues, facilities, equipment, translators, transportation etc) for large/high impact meetings/conferences with internal & external customers, government & regulatory authorities and related organizations.
• Using judgment to interpret requirements, explore potential solutions, and obtain quotes. Present an overview & associated costs for approval & implement the agreed solution.
• Support the MD in managing costs/expenditure by performing procedural checks & researching all variances to determine the cause. Initiates corrective actions needed.
• Provide comprehensive and efficient secretarial services relating to confidential/complex subjects including preparing information for meetings, taking minutes, dictation, drafting correspondence, creating & updating reports & manuals, presentations etc. Include adapting these to reflect the importance, audience & specific objective & ensuring total accuracy of work.
• Identify, & respond to routine enquiries & correspondence in an appropriate format & style.
• Develop, maintain & use effective & secure systems (HR & Finance related, Intranet/ Internet etc) & processes/tools (filing & archiving systems, E mail & correspondence management etc.) to manage information flows and facilitate its retrieval & use by self & others who are authorized.
• Identify & work with appropriate contacts within & external organizations to obtain information & collate, analyze & present results in an appropriate format, with the supporting rationale & back up data.
• As appropriate, support the MD in his work related personal affairs by initiating & coordinating actions needed.
• Support the MD in managing his team & key regional/divisional initiatives by communicating specific requirements/actions and by following up on these to ensure all results are achieved within the required timelines.
• As needed research the steps needed & process flows and ensure these are communicated and adhered to.
• Support his personal effectiveness by monitoring established commitments & evolving situations to ensure that he is aware of all necessary actions that need to be completed within the required timeframes.
• Perform any related support functions as & when required. Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent command over English, Hindi & Malayalam.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills including the ability to compose & create professional business letters, prepare presentations & reports etc.
• Provide advanced level secretarial/administrative support services
• Assertive & diplomatic
• Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels
• Advanced Computer skills including all Office packages
• Basic knowledge of a business & the business environment including business priorities, protocol etc
• Excellent information management skills with experience of developing, implementing & using effective & secure systems & processes
• In depth analytical skills with experience of interpreting diverse types of situations & requirements and determining actions needed
• Resolute and firm where the occasion demands.
• Above all, Passionate towards Work
Exposure to Modern Office Equipments
Adept in Computers and all modern office packages and business machines. Personal Details
Date of Birth 21st May 1969
Marital Status Married (Have Two children)
Contact Details Mobile : +91-817**-*****
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
9/79, Ramesh Nagar, New Delhi