A.R MOHAMD (BSc Hons in QS)
18th Feb 2020
United Arab Emirates
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Taking off Quantity from DWNG
BSc in Qs
Ability to Negotiate
Attention to detail
Abdul Rahuman Mohamed
Mohamed is a Quantity Surveyor, having gained over 5 years’ experience on a wide variety of challenging building projects, with successful commercial service delivery in Sri Lanka. He is currently looking for challenging opportunities within UAE. Fields of expertise include tendering, commercial management, change management, payments and cash flow, cost reporting and contract administration. WORK EXPERIENCE
Urban Horizons (Pvt) Ltd. – Building Contractors & Property Developers PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR August 2017 – June 2019
PROJECT: Construction and Completion of Proposed Residential Apartment Building Project at Colombo 03, Contract Sum 3.3 Million USD – B+G+M+ Nine Stories Working as part of a busy team, taking responsibility for several schemes at differing stages and working with limited supervision.
• Preparation of interim payment applications and sub-contractor’s payment certificates.
• Valuing variations and submission with sufficient substantiations for Engineer's approval
• Material ordering and subsequent follow ups (procurement)
• Preparation of cash flow forecast and updates as per the progress
• Management of project documents
• Preparing monthly progress report (Limited to commercial aspects)
• Liaising with Subcontractors and suppliers for cost information ex: Quotations
• Preparing the final Payment of the project.
Globe Glass (Pvt) Ltd. – Sub Contractors (Glass and Portion’s works) ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR July 2016 – Aug 2017
Working as part of a busy team, taking responsibility for several schemes at differing stages and working with limited supervision.
Department: Technical & Tender
• Taking off measurements using Auto Cad
• Preparation of quotations in line with specifications and drawings for enquires
• Pricing of tender BOQ
• Preparation of Interim payment application.
• Liaising with Engineer and Client on commercial activities N & A Engineering (Pvt) Ltd. – Engineering Service and Building Contractors SITE QUANTITY SURVEYOR October 2015 – July 2016
PROJECT: Construction of Proposed Higher Education Institute Building Complex for Royal institute Colombo - 06. (14 Story Building/ Contract Sum- 3.8 million USD) Duties:
• Take off Quantities using Auto Cad
• Preparation of Interim Payment application and Certificate for Subcontractor payments
• Valuing variations and submission for Engineer approval with sufficient substantiations
• Preparation of monthly progress reports & Daily Reports (limited to commercial aspects)
• Preparation of Material Order List (Procurement)
• Managing project documents
Passport No: N5527064
Nationality: Sri Lankan
Civil Status: Single
Trio Construction (Pvt) Ltd. – Building Contractors TRAINEE QS June 2014 – June 2015
PROJECT: Construction of Building complex for faculty of management & finance at university of Ruhuna, Matara. (Contract Sum- 1.3 million USD) Duties:
• Supervision of work progress
• Preparation of Material Schedules & Reinforcement bar Schedules
• Taking off quantities using Auto Cad
• Preparation of subcontractor payment certificates for project lead's review
• Preparing daily progress sheets for project lead's review
• Valuing variations
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Experience of the Pre-Contract & Post-Contract.
• Experience of working on High Rise Building Projects.
• Experience at Section QS level.
• Excellent working knowledge of commercial procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of Company health, safety, quality and environment procedures. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
Birmingham City University 2016 – 2018
BTECH HND in Quantity Surveying & construction Economics Person (UK) 2013 - 2014
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould - Dubai, UAE
Urban Horizons – Colombo, Sri Lanka