Richmond, VA 23224 email@example.com
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
Proven Business Track Record
Expert Microsoft Office Skills
Event Planning/ Coordination
NAMA RESTAURANT May 2019 – December 2019
Prepared all foods from scratch including sauces, sides, soups, and stews using standardized recipes. Executed protein fabrication including beef, pork, poultry, and fish; Responsible for inventory and rotation of all stock including determining daily master list.
● Assisted owners in the planning and opening of new restaurant: including kitchen design, ordering of back-of-house and front-of-house inventory and all processes and procedures.
● Initiated staff training program for new employees freeing up kitchen manager’s time.
● Organized and wrote master recipe book, resulting in clear, precise standardized recipes, and fewer errors in production of products.
THE HEALING PLACE November 2017 – April 2019
In-Patient Rehabilitation Center
Peer Mentor/ Kitchen Supervisor
Managed a kitchen of eight-ten cooks preparing all foods from scratch in high-volume, fast-paced kitchen, feeding up to 500 meals each day. Responsible for daily inventory and placing and receiving orders from vendors; and for writing daily menus. Led team of clients on basic kitchen skills and mentored clients in working together as a team.
● Assisted in rebuilding walk-in refrigerator, freezer and dry-storage for better efficiency
● Duties also included facilitating classes 3x each week for in-patient small groups, including the coordination and development of curricula.
● Streamlined daily receiving and vetting of donated goods resulting in saved time and labor costs.
Extensive Customer Service Experience
Excellent Communication Skills
AIMEE CLANTON, PC May 2015 – November 2017
Glen Allen, VA
Energetic and efficient administrator for busy Family Law practice. Managed attorney schedule and set appointments with clients and court system. Drafted legal documents including: Motions, Notices, Discovery Documents, Services of Process, Depositions transcripts, Subpoenas duces tecum, and routine legal correspondence to opposing counsel, clients and the Courts.
● Responsible for entering and tracking all billable hours using the TABS software system
● Calendared and tracked all cases as they moved through the legal system; maintained and organized all client files; transcribed attorney dictation; managed all incoming and outgoing mail
● Progressed from office administrator to increased duties in the paralegal field.
● Prepared exhibits and trial notebooks for litigation proceedings
● Held Notary Public certification and swore in witnesses for deposition SIMMER DOWN CATERING + EVENTS March 2005- June 2015 Kansas City, MO
Owner & Chef
Owned and operated successful event planning business catering for private house parties, weddings, charity and corporate events. Worked with client to plan and orchestrate all aspects of event including logistics, rental, and menu development. Managed staff to insure exceptional execution of all events. Operated all business aspects of company including bookkeeping, billing, scheduling, and customer service.
● Started business from scratch that netted over $40,000 profit first year, increasing sales by over 20% each year.
● Recognized as one of the Top Ten Caterers by KC Magazine. THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION February 2002 - February 2005 Kansas City, MO
Worked with Director of Development to plan and coordinate fundraising events and grant applications. Responsible for the maintenance of donor-tracking software and donor correspondence.
● Helped plan and initiate corporate marketing video highlighting the work of the organization, used to drive the capital campaign.
● Coordinated with staff and volunteer committee to market and implement the Holiday Card Campaign event, raising over $25K for the organization.
● Worked as a team to implement the American Heart Walk, meeting with corporate executives to solicit sponsorship and set fundraising goals, bringing in over $350K for the event. EDUCATION & TRAINING
CARITAS Works Training & Certificate September, 2017 Engaged in full-time coursework (160 hours) to strengthen workforce competencies and skills: computer literacy, professionalism, team-building, communication, conflict management and leadership. Kansas State University 2000
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science