HARJEET KAUR MALLI
CALGARY, AB. T3J 0W2
PHONE: - 587-***-****
E-MAIL: - email@example.com
Licensed Practical Nurse:
Whitehorn Village Assistant Living – Calgary, AB.
November 2019 to present
Job duties include
• Assessments, vital signs, blood glucose, bedside care, dressing change (sterile and aseptic)
• Medication administration (oral, SC, narcotics, epidermal, insulin, inhaler), catheterization (suprapubic, Foley and In and Out)
• Update care plans, write quarterly reports, order medication supplies.
• Discharge teachings, documentation, exercise assistance and medications and management
Registered LPN with CLPNA and working as LPN since November 2019 in addition to Health Care Assistant with over TEN years’ hands-on experience caring for patients documenting care and administering treatments. Adept at working with all ages and demographics of patients. Caring compassionate and dedicated to high quality and culturally sensitive care.
Analytical, result-oriented and self-motivated individual seeking a challenging, growth-oriented position in the field of HEALTH CARE with the objective to implement my skills, education and experience.
Have knowledge of Momentum.
• Dynamic, organized, meticulous professional with an experience of over 10 YEARS in health care field and community settings.
• Possess excellent people management, effective communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastically passionate about doing the work assigned with full dedication.
• Worked AS HEALTH CARE AIDE in assistant living, long term care Centre, palliative care, dementia units, Alzheimer unit
• Worked in coordination with supervisors and nurses working on patients suffering from various medical and other illnesses.
• Skill highlights include Charting expertise, procedure support, safety conscious, behavior mapping, observant and Rai-tracking tool
• Able to prioritize workload so that deadlines are met when due
• Commended for working effectively and efficiently under pressure
• Valid CPR, N95, First Aid, driver license, and Food Handling courses
• Comfortable in working with all age groups and genders without any bias
• Fluent in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
• Knowledge of all computer skills.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL EXPERIENCE:
Preceptorship as Practical nurse with 264 hours completed at Home Care with Alberta Health Services, NW, Calgary, AB.
• Held LPN responsibilities of caring Genetic population including Chronic Wound Care.
• Documentation, critical thinking, prioritization, time management, communication skills.
• Confidently managed to improve my skills and can independently manage the responsibilities without supervision.
Student Practical Nurse (May 2019 to June 2019) Unit 84, General Surgical Unit Rocky View Hospital, Calgary, AB. (Placement Clinical III)
• Assessments, Pre-op/post-op Vital Signs protocol.
• IV Medication Administration, Catheterization, JP drain, Chest tube, pre-op/post-op care, staple and suture removal, Dressing change (Sterile and aseptic).
• Discharge Teachings, Documentation, Exercise Assistance.
• Developed Clinical Skill in Surgical Unit.
Student Practical Nurse (Jan 2019 to Mar 2019) Unit 42 General Medicine alternate level of care, Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, AB. (Placement Clinical II)
• Assessments, Vital Signs, Blood Glucose, Bedside Care.
• Medication Administration (Oral, SC, IV, Narcotics, Epidermal, Insulin).
• Health Teaching related to diagnose and disease.
Student Practical Nurse (Aug 2018) Unit 3 Complex Care Dr. Vernon Fanning Centre, Calgary, AB. (Placement Clinical I)
• Assist client in activity of daily living as bedside care, bathing, grooming, catheter care, ambulation, eating assistance.
• Vital signs and blood glucose check, small wound dressing change.
• Documentation and charting as required and follow safe client care practice all the time.
NURSING ASSISTANT DECEMBER 2007 TO PRESENT
WHITEHORN VILLAGE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY, CALGARY.
• Duties had provided provide essential and important daily living support and comfort to patient’s clients and residents.
• Assisted residents in all activities of daily living/hygiene assistance bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, linen changes and so forth.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of health care professionals. Excellent communication skills with elderly patients.
• Assisted residents with transfers, ambulation, feeding, mobility and home support exercise as needed.
• Assessed patient conditions and report changes in status to the Licensed practical Nurse on duty or to Registered nurses office.
• Attended to client’s requests promptly and positively
• Assessed patient conditions and report changes in status to the Licensed practical Nurse on duty.
• Completed records accurately, documentation and carrying out all assignments as requested.
Registered LPN with CLPNA - Oct 2019 (Bow Valley College)
Registered Nurse Diploma (Oswal Cancer Hospital, Ludhiana, India) 2003-2005
Higher Secondary School Certificate: Grade 12 (Medical, Punjab University, India) 2002
Sharon RN (Supervisor) – 403-***-****
Jodi Phillip RN (Clinical Instructor) – 403-***-****