Construction Upgrade Specialist ( Construction Planner )
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Construction Upgrade Specialist ( Construction Planner ) Cox Comm - Las Vegas, NV
December 2018 to April 2019
The role of a construction planner is to develop a plan to complete a construction project based on budget, work schedule, and available resources. Construction planners also make organizational decisions such as which subcontractors to use for the given project. Site walks, excellent vendor relationship.
The construction planner develops the work order once following a process and tracks each step of the process from start to finish. He performs a site walk to verify that each route, permits, equipment are in place before releasing the selected vendor. The construction planner works in a high paced environment. Updating the project plan once tasks are completed to ensure that all deliverables are completed including cost estimates for BOM.
Lead Technician, Migration, Commissioning
November 2017 to June 2018
PA/MD/VA Nokia Air-Scale 5G Project
De-commission ALU BBU 9926
Installation, Commissioning and Integration of the Nokia Air-Scale BBU Technical lead able to interface with the customer in a professionally OSHA 10hr Certification: First Aid Certification
Experience with Verizon/Wind-Stream migration project 3+ years Responsible for E911 call testing and Speed testing at each site Specialize in migrations for AT&T and Verizon
Nokia Certified PTID (available upon request)
OSP Field/Design Engineer
BRIUS LLC VZW/VZB - Chicago, IL
July 2017 to October 2017
• OSP design to C-RAN (cell site) to provide capacity at cell tower
• OSP/ISP site walks for placement of meet me points (hand holes) path to shelter sites
• ISP placement of core drill penetration for 846 fibers to distribution panels
• Pull boxes, conduit size, hand hole placement, core drilling, footages, and pictures.
• Input data into QuickBase site tracking tool. Created power point document OSP ENGINEER
August 2016 to April 2017
Mid-Atlantic Region (New Jersey)
● Perform field survey audits for Node Candidate Review (NCR)
● Update Site Tracker records: Sites; Projects; Action items; Candidates; Reports
● Construction Coordinator for Distributed Antenna System installation process
● Corning-Scope and Teko, DAS pole mounted antennas.
● Input field notes into mobile apps: Fulcrum for NCR creation.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and train junior personnel
● Isolate faults using OTDR and light meter troubleshooting.
● Permitting experience research and prepare documentation for required permits, right of ways, easements, and land use for wooden poles, street lights for OSP infrastructure projects OSP Make Ready Engineer
Davey Tree - Charlotte, NC
January 2016 to May 2016
On the job training for SPIDA CALC 5, pole loading analysis software.
● Fielding included height of attachments following the power poles for Google Network.
● Gathered accurate field notes to input into laptop for pole loading analysis.
● Red lined poles for Make Ready work to include, line clearing, tree trim and pole replacement. QC Inspector
OSP QA - Austin, TX
May 2015 to October 2015
QA/QC inspector for aerial placement of Google Fiber network. Verified height of attachment is compliant to NESC heights to insure poles are "make ready" for construction, that included: tree trim, line clearing, guy and anchor placement.
● Verified HOA at telephone pole and mid-span locations
● QA/QC aerial lineman work performing attachments Facilities Engineer 1/ Field Operations Technician General Communications Inc - Anchorage, AK
January 2014 to December 2014
Facilities Engineer 1
● Planned and implemented the design of plants, offices, to maximize the use of available rack space and improve efficiency.
● Estimated costs related to layout design for equipment and materials, labor, monitored the construction process.
● Researched production/processing equipment or fixtures for purchase and gathers data relating to their ability to meet organizational needs.
● Created MOP's for head-end power and equipment to be rack mounted.
● Make sure compliance of construction standards for audit content across multiple accounts. Facilities include: Head-end, Data Centers, and Cell Site, Microwave sites.
● Created BOMs and gathered RF data for new installations
● Provided OSP/ISP walkouts to gather info. for development of Statement of Work (SOW).
● Experience troubleshooting HFC coax/fiber networks using OTDR's, Light meter General Communications Inc.
Field Operations Technician
● Performed field installs to support: Cable modem MSO SONET/Ethernet Gb network.
● General Packet Radio System Architecture supported SONET/OC-3; Ethernet services.
● Installed racks, power wiring - lacing, coax cable and fiber/jumper management at head-end sites
● Installation of network equipment: Juniper Routers, Arris E6000 Route
● Performed RF site surveys. DC power cable installation experience. Field Operations Technician
ICON Communications (Verizon/WindStream Project)
September 2011 to December 2013
Icon Communications/TDS Telecom Broadband Project Maine
● Knowledge of COEI Engineering Standards: CO installs
● Performed power verification and power up of equipment in the field.
● Performed quality inspections of the places of aerial, buried fiber conduit runs.
● Turned up fiber links to SFP/XFP's; perform fiber power testing and inspection.
● Performed installation at cell site shelters and Charles boxes.
● Installed CYAN Z Series Accedian NID's, Telect 20amp fuse panels OSP Design Engineer
February 2009 to April 2009
CAF II Projects)
● Fiber to Cell Site, Wind-Stream KY and WV.
● Performed R/W survey, encroachment, and barricades
● Performed field work for underground and make ready pole assessments.
● Performed field work for DOT road crossing for county roads and state highways. OSP Engineer/Fielder for Video Ready Access
AT&T Northern/Southern CA
October 2007 to January 2009
Fiber to Cell Site Inspector, AT&T San Gabriel Joint Pole Audits.
● Performed work for the design and installation of VRAD equipment.
● Performed joint pole field survey and audit work.
● Performed make ready audits using GEO 95, NESC pole knowledge ISP/OSP Engineer Verizon
California Market - Market, California, US
January 2006 to October 2007
Performed field survey work for FTTP, FTTH, MDU and MTU work orders.
● Performed pole guying and anchoring fielding for make ready poles.
● Performed conduit, grounding and bonding field survey work, AT&T (Light-Speed Project) - Sacramento, CA
June 2005 to December 2005
Responsible for P-commit F2 pair, run reports for various USOC codes.
● Applied AT&T applications in performance of work orders. Project Manager
Acela Technologies, Inc
January 2005 to December 2005
● Project Manager ISP for Hotel Rehab Project Marriot 5 Star
● Pulled new Cat-5 copper cable to connect phone to modem in each room
● Hired local techs to insure completion of project on time
● Performed termination, testing and tagging
● Created document plan for each room
Project Manager (OWNER)
Washington Integrated Technology, Inc - Silver Spring, MD November 1995 to December 2004
Managed projects for telecom closet audit of 157 sites.
● Project Manager: developed scope or work for job bid
● Managed all redundant connections to for point to point communications.
● Managed daily operations tech support for moves, adds, changes of
● 157 remote sites. Included 30+ installations for CAT3 and PBX.
● Negotiated and awarded $2.8 million contract for MAC/PBX systems.
● Scheduled and coordinated access for sub's and crews.
● Performed cost estimates, blueprint take-offs and created BOMs. Education
High school or equivalent